Cathy 跟同事Adam 正在讨论,一个人的穿着是否会对他的精神状态产生影响。Adam 说, A: Have you ever heard the saying, clothes make the man? It might be truer than we imagine. C: When a police officer or firefighter puts on

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

Lewis要去美国芝加哥出差,想坐高铁去洛杉矶看家人,但同事Jay告诉他说,美国没有高铁,原因之一是坐飞机十分方便。 Lewis: So there's been no incentive to build super fast trains. Jay: Yeah, that's right. Al

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

Jim在走廊上碰见同事Gary。 Jim: Gary, did you hear about my upcoming trip to New York? Gary: I think I did hear something about it. You and Henry are attending some kind of function, right? J: Yeah. It's an anniversary celebration for one of

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

Jane向同事ANDY介绍公司的医疗保险。ANDY好奇地问: ANDY: It seems you really know a lot about insurance. J: Well, I'm Chinese and in our country people are pretty serious about insurance. I have two life insurance policies as well as

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(22) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

Emily问同事Lisa要不要一起吃饭。 Emily: Hey Lisa...want to grab lunch with me? Lisa: Sure, Emily. We haven't done that in a while. E: Yeah...actually, we haven't hung out at all recently. You seem sort of under the weather. Is there somethi

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(21) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

Claire最近工作压力大,我们听听Jim告诉Claire该如何减压。 J: There are lots of options for dealing with stress. What do you find works for you? C: I have no idea. I've tried ginseng, herbal teas...nothing seems to work. J: Oh, look.

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

Chris早上在咖啡间跟同事Ben打招呼。 Chris: Hey, Ben...did you catch the game last night? Ben: Uh...what game? C: Baltimore defeated Texas by 17 points! B: Um...and what sport are we talking about here? C: Football of course! B: Oh...footb

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

Kim跟朋友Anita一起去吃饭。Anita想跟公司要求涨工资,可是不知道怎么开口,Kim给她出主意。I can present quite a bit of hard data to demonstrate my usefulness to the company. K: That's great! Then you have to figure out

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 商务礼节美语

Claire最近工作压力大,我们听听Jim告诉Claire该如何减压。 J:There are lots of options for dealing with stress. What do you find works for you? C:I have no idea. I've tried ginseng, herbal teas...nothing seems to work. J:Oh, look...t

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 商务礼节美语

Brad和Pam邀请同事Jimmy下班后一起去酒吧,可Jimmy一再推辞,我们听听为什么。 Brad: Hey Jimmy, a couple of us are going out to Sam's Bar after work. Care to join us? Jimmy: Oh, um...thanks for the invitation, but I'm pretty ti

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 商务礼节美语

David在走廊上遇到同事Sandra,Sandra看上去很生气。 David: Hey Sandra, what's wrong? You look furious! Sandra: I've had it with Tim! I think I'm going to quit! D: But Sandra...you love your job! You spent months trying to get this posit

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 商务礼节美语

Lisa请Shirley吃饭,有事征求Shirley的意见。 Lisa:Hey, Shirley! Want to join me for lunch...my treat! Shirley:Wow! Sure! Lisa:I must confess I have an ulterior motive for asking you to lunch. S:Oh....that's OK....as long as you're buying! L

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 商务礼节美语

Brushing Up at the Office 在办公室刷牙 陈豪在北京的ABC美国公司工作。他遇到美国同事Amy。 (Office ambience) A: Hi Chen Hao, how are you today? C: 还不错,你呢? A: I'm fine, just taking a quick break. C: 我刚才看到一

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 商务礼节美语

Unspoken Messages 不言而喻的消息 陈豪在北京的ABC美国公司工作。他跟美国同事Amy一起走出会议室。 (Office ambience) C:Amy, 今天我第一次主持会议。你觉得怎么样? A:I thought you did well considering that

销售部的Steve, Faith和Katie开会讨论项目进展。Steve说, Steve: OK, so are we all agreed that we'll move forward on this project? Faith: You know, I'm not so sure. I have a funny feeling about this. Katie: You smell a rat? F: Kind of. A

Sam和Lucinda在公司谈恋爱,被老板Joe找来谈话。Sam和Lucinda保证,两人的恋爱关系不会影响工作。让我们听听老板Joe是怎么说的。 J: I understand your position completely. And let me say: our company doesn't have

公关部主任Janet Liu召集下属开会,询问中东代表团的活动安排。 Janet Liu: Good morning, Silvia. Good morning, Pete. How is my public relations team doing today? Silvia Kranson: Morning, Ms. Liu. Pete Chan: Very well, thank you.

Jimmy因为天性腼腆,所以每逢社交活动,一律能推就推。同事Brad和Pam努力说服Jimmy, 因为social networking是事业发展一个不可缺少的环节。Pam说, P: You know, I'm not such a big fan of company events myself. I

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(24) / 评论(0) 分类 商务礼节美语

Patricia去找同事Kelly。 Patricia: Hey, Kelly...the boss just called me into his office. You and I have to go to Macau for a meeting with our international marketing department. The meeting is on a Friday afternoon so I was thinking we could spen

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 商务礼节美语

Daisy在公司走廊上跟同事Johnny打招呼。 Daisy: Hey Johnny, good to see you! How have you been? I haven't seen you in almost a month. Johnny: Eleven days, six hours, 21 minutes, and let me see....twenty something seconds. D: Umm....eleven w

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 商务礼节美语