King跟同事Dan聊天,发现他心不在焉。King说, King: The trip was pretty good except for the flat tire we got on the way home. I was going to change it myself but then...hey Dan, are you even listening to me? Dan? Dan: Oh sorry, I spaced

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

ANDY向同事Jane咨询公司医疗保险的事。 ANDY: Hey, Jane...are you familiar with our company's insurance policies? Jane: Umm....I think so. What's up? A: I've never really paid attention to the fine print of our insurance policies...but it

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(17) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

Lisa告诉同事Emily新年过后准备辞职,因为她觉得眼下的工作很无聊,没有升职的机会,她还说: Lisa: The other problem is that I think the company is really set in its ways. Emily: What do you mean? L: In other words,

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

Sally 早上遇到同事 Lisa, 马上凑上前去,很神秘地说: Sally: Did you hear the news about Tom and his wife? Lisa: No....what happened? S: Well, Jane told me that Tom has been having an affair! I heard his wife caught him at a hotel wi

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

Chris准备买辆新车,向同事Jason征求意见。 Chris: What do you think about this one? Here....take a look. Jason: I like it. It's quite stylish. But....it's also pretty small. C: That's OK. We are only a family of three. J: This model has

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

Chris跟同事Ben聊起美国人对体育运动的热爱。Ben问, B: So sports is a way for people to bond? C: Yeah. During holidays like Thanksgiving my family will sit around in front of the television and watch a football game together. It's a

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(24) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

陈豪在北京的ABC美国公司工作,他在公司餐厅里遇到了美国同事Amy。 (Office ambience) C:Hi, Amy. 我有几个问题想请教你。 A:Of course, what about? C: Table manners. 具体说,我想知道用刀叉有哪些讲究。

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 职场礼节英语

陈豪在北京的ABC美国公司工作。他上班中间休息,跟美国同事Amy一起下楼喝茶。 (office ambience) 陈豪:Amy,你干嘛老看我的脚啊?Amy, why are you always noticing my feet? Amy: I am sorry, I just couldnt help

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(82) / 评论(0) 分类 职场礼节英语

Thinking of relocating 考虑搬迁 Tom和Vivian是香港一家跨国公司的雇员。Vivian被升职,要调到美国奥兰多的办事处。 Vivian: Hey Tom, got a second? Tom: Sure, what's up? V: The Company has offered me a new position. It's k

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 商务礼节美语

Expense Accounts 支出账目 公司开会讨论支出账目,经理Tim和会计部主任John告诉大家要紧缩开支,首先从员工可报销的账目下手。 Tim (manager): Ok, now for the last item on our agenda: expense accounts. Let me tu

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 商务礼节美语

公司开会讨论支出账目,经理Tim和会计部主任John告诉大家,要紧缩开支,首先从员工可报销的账目下手。Tim说, Tim: I'm not going to sugarcoat it: we'll have to cut back on our expenses or we'll have to cut back

Small Talk in the Office 办公室的闲谈 陈豪在北京的ABC美国公司工作,他在走廊上遇到了美国同事Amy。 (Office ambience) C:Amy, 你有两分钟时间吗?我有点事儿想请教你。 A:Yes, but let's step into my offi

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 商务礼节美语

Ken早上在饮水器旁见到同事Dan和April,谈起公司首席财务官Jason Smith参与庞式骗局被抓起来的事情。Dan问罪名严不严重。 D:So how serious are these charges? A:He could end up serving a very long prison term. These

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 商务礼节美语

Ken早上在饮水器旁见到同事Dan和April. K: Good morning, Dan. Good morning, April. Damp;A: Hi, Ken. Good morning. K: So...have you heard the big news? A: No! Tell us! K: Well, you know Jason Smith? D: You mean our company's Chief Financial O

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 商务礼节美语

Benny买了便宜的盗版影碟,他室友Carl觉得这样做无异于盗窃。Benny争辩说, B: Come on. If you steal, it means you hurt someone, right? When I buy fake DVDs, who am I hurting? C: Actually, lots of people. Movie and software com

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 商务礼节美语

部门经理Fay找手下Steve来,讨论他的年度中期工作表现,除了上班迟到,Steve还有哪些缺点呢? S: OK...what other issues are there with my performance? F: Well, like I said before, you are very enthusiastic and we apprec

部门经理Fay找手下Steve来,讨论他的年度中期工作表现。 Fay: Hi there, Steve... grab a seat. Steve: Hi, Fay. How are you this morning? F: Very well, thanks. Great weather we've been having. S: I know! Makes me want to sneak away fr

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 商务礼节美语

Jessica看到同事Claire情绪很低落。 Jessica: Hey Claire, you look sad. What's up? Claire: I guess I am a bit depressed. J: Having a bad hair day? C: (Chuckle) No, that' not it. J: Come on. You can confide in me. I know how to keep a secret. C

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 商务礼节美语

David跟Sandra聊天,谈到办公室里的勾心斗角是难以避免的,所以只能想办法面对。Sandra 说, S: Maybe I need to toughen up. You know that old saying: If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen. D: Maybe...but have

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 商务礼节美语

David跟Sandra聊天,说起自己以前有个同事,特别喜欢name-drop. David说, D: We would be in a meeting and she would say. Yesterday I was chatting with Tom. She meant Tom Solomon...our CEO. S: Basically she was trying to impress peopl

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 商务礼节美语