Carl下课,看到室友Benny买东西刚回来,好象很兴奋。 Benny: Hey Carl! Check this out! I just picked up three brand-new Hollywood movies...they haven't even been released in theaters yet! Carl: Um...you mean they're counterfeit copies

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 商务礼节美语

美国驻中国员工Tiffany跟中国同事Kelly聊天儿,说起中西餐的差别。比如,美国人饭桌上永远看不到鱼头或是鸡头。Tiffany大发感慨道, T: In some ways, perhaps the Chinese approach to meat-eating is more hones

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 商务礼节美语

公司高层开会,老板Frank建议,严格员工的着装标准,穿得不能太随便。公司主管Penny说, P: I'm inclined to agree with Frank. You know that old saying: Don't judge a book by its cover? Well, almost everyone DOES judge by

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 商务礼节美语

Mike出差刚回来,被时差折磨得痛苦不堪,向同事Larry咨询缓解时差的好办法。Larry说, Larry: Some people take herbal medicine, but there's really no solid proof that it works. Some people take sleeping pills and try to sle

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 商务礼节美语

Mike出差刚回来,遇到同事Larry。 Larry: Hey, Mike! Good to have you back! You look exhausted! Mike: Hi, Larry. Yeah, I'm totally beat. I can barely keep my eyes open! L: Was it a rough trip? M: Well, it was actually pretty productive, but a

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 商务礼节美语

公司被人状告索赔,同事们在讨论如何应对。 S: So how does this work? What will we have to do? B: A lawyer will stop by next week and take statements from each of us. S: What kind of statement are they looking for? B: It will probabl

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 商务礼节美语

Barry召集公司同事开会,有个坏消息要宣布。 Barry: Well, folks...I'm afraid I have some bad news. Our lawyers told me this morning that we are being sued. Chris: Sued? Who's suing us? Susan: And on what grounds? B: An Australian man n

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 商务礼节美语

一家香港公司的老板Hank带Chris去见部门主管Rebecca。 Hank: Rebecca, I'd like you to meet Chris Lee. Rebecca: How do you do, Mr. Lee? Chris: Very well, thank you. And call me Chris. H: Chris is here to walk us through the certification

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 商务礼节美语

Chris向一家香港公司的老板Hank 和部门主管Rebecca介绍申请国际认证的程序。首先是安全,其中还有防范恐怖袭击的要求。老板Hank表示不解。 C: Well, after the terrorist attacks on September 11th, all the ru

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 商务礼节美语

Jimmy因为天性腼腆,所以每逢社交活动,一律能推就推。同事Brad和Pam想帮他克服这个障碍。Pam问 Jimmy, P: When you are walking down the street, do you judge the people you see? J: Not really. Maybe only if they're wea

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 商务礼节美语

星期五晚上,Jason和Wanda劝同事Larry不要老加班,应该劳逸结合。Larry却说,手头总有做不完的工作。 L: But I feel like I'm wasting time if I go home and watch TV... even if I'm reading a good book I still feel like I s

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 商务礼节美语

公司老板召集手下Lisa和Ken开会,商量公司上市的问题。上市有哪些风险呢?Ken说, K: Well, the day we offer stock for sale is the day we will see how much faith there is in our company. If people don't think we're very val

Lisa请Shirley吃饭,说自己想回学校去读个硕士或是博士学位,征求Shirley的意见。Shirley说, Shirley:I got my Master's in Business Management. It's helped my career, but it took several years of hard studying. If I didn't ha

Claire最近工作上压力很大,同事Jim和Tina给她出主意,如何减压。Tina说, T:You really have to make an effort to relax, and each person is different. My husband swears by classical music. He goes and sits in his room, turns on h

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 商务礼节美语

Etiquette at the Theatre 剧院礼仪 陈豪在北京的ABC美国公司工作,他到办公室去找美国同事Amy。 (Office ambience) C: Amy,今天晚上的表演你去吗? A: Yes, I'm looking forward to it. Our new boss, Mr. Brown, is being

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 商务礼节美语

Dealing with Disabled Persons Who Are Wheelchair Bound 处理那些不得不坐轮椅的残疾人 陈豪在北京的ABC美国公司工作,他在走廊上遇到了刚吃完中饭回来的美国同事Amy。 (Office ambience) C:Amy,吃过饭了吗?

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 商务礼节美语

Coats and Ties at the Business Meal 业务餐中的着装 陈豪在北京的ABC美国公司工作。他在上班路上遇到了美国同事Amy。 (Office ambience) C:Hi, Amy. How are you? A:I'm fine, thank you, and you? C:我感觉很疲惫。昨天晚

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 商务礼节美语

项目主管Donny急冲冲地来找老板Simon. Donny: Simon, there's something we need to talk about. Simon: Go ahead, shoot. D: I think maybe we better step into your office. It's a bit of a sensitive issue. S: Oh, sure. Come on in. What's on your

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 商务礼节美语

公司开会,经理Nick宣布,他们要在法兰克福的纺织品博览会上设展台,大家头脑激荡,看需要做哪些准备。Elaine说, E: I think we should have a little pow-wow with the team who will be manning the booth. They ne

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 商务礼节美语

很久不见的好友Lisa, Karen和Gina一起吃饭。三个人都说,现在手头很紧,彼此交换勤俭持家的经验。 K: We've stopped going to the theater! We used to take the kids every Saturday, but with each ticket costing about 10 bu

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 商务礼节美语