From Shakespeares Pen to Our Mouths 从莎士比亚的笔到我们的嘴 Now, time for Words and Their Stories from VOA Learning English. William Shakespeare is probably the most famous English-language writer ever. Historians think Shakespeare was b

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(五)月

A MarvelEach second we live is a new and unique moment of the universe, a moment that will never be again And what do we teach our children? We teach them that two and two make four, and that Paris is the capital of France. When will we also teach th

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(22) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

When I consider everything that grows 当我忖思,一切充满生机的事物 Holds in perfection but a little moment, 都只能兴旺短暂的时光, That this huge stage presenteth naught but shows 在世界这大舞台上呈现的一切 Where

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(85) / 评论(0) 分类 莎士比亚十四行诗全集

O, that you were yourself, but, love, you are 啊,愿你就是你自身,但是爱啊, No longer yours than you yourself here live; 你拥有自己的时间长不过你的生命, Against this coming end you should prepare, 势不可免的末日会

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(101) / 评论(0) 分类 莎士比亚十四行诗全集

When I do count the clock that tells the time, 当我细数报时的钟声敲响, And see the brave day sunk in hideous night; 眼看可怖夜色吞噬白昼光芒; When I behold the violet past prime, 当我看到紫罗兰香消玉殒, And sab

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 莎士比亚十四行诗全集

As fast as thou shalt wane, so fast thou grow'st In one of thine, from that which thou departest; 迅速地萎缩,一如你迅速地成长在你那个之内,那个你进出两由的地方, And that fresh blood which youngly thou bestow'st 你年轻

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(129) / 评论(0) 分类 莎士比亚十四行诗全集

For shame, deny that thou bear'st love to any 惭愧呀,你就别对人张扬你所谓的爱心, Who for thyself art so unprovident. 既然你对自已的将来都缺乏安顿。 Grant if thou wilt, thou art beloved of many, 姑且承认有许多人

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(93) / 评论(0) 分类 莎士比亚十四行诗全集

Is it for fear to wet a widow's eye That thou consum'st thyself in single life? 难道是因为惧怕寡妇的泪眼飘零,你才用独身生活烧尽你自身? Ah, if thou issueless shalt hap to die, 啊,假如你不幸无后而溘然长逝,

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 莎士比亚十四行诗全集

How careful was I, when I took my way, 启程之日我是多么谨慎小心, Each trifle under truest bars to thrust, 把一切日用物件全上锁封存, That to my use it might unused stay 坚壁固房务使窃贼望而缩手。 From hands of

发表于:2019-02-24 / 阅读(163) / 评论(0) 分类 莎士比亚十四行诗全集

What is your substance, whereof are you made, That millions of strange shadows on you tend? 你的本质是什么?由什么材料构成,为何有千万个他者之影侍奉在你身边? Since every one hath, every one, one shade, 既然每一个人

发表于:2019-02-24 / 阅读(135) / 评论(0) 分类 莎士比亚十四行诗全集

O, how thy worth with manners may I sing, When thou art all the better part of me? 假如你和我本来就共为一体,我又怎能只歌颂你且歌颂得宜? What can mine own praise to mine own self bring? 我自己歌颂自己后有什么意味

发表于:2019-02-24 / 阅读(163) / 评论(0) 分类 莎士比亚十四行诗全集

Let me confess that we two must be twain, 尽管我们的爱天衣无缝、浑然一体, Although our undivided loves are one: 我却得承认我们毕竟在肉体上分离。 So shall those blots that do with me remain 这样一来,我身上不光

发表于:2019-02-24 / 阅读(132) / 评论(0) 分类 莎士比亚十四行诗全集

Thy bosom is endeared with all hearts, Which I by lacking have supposed dead, 你胸怀珍贵,因为你胸藏一切心上人,我和他们无缘,曾以为他们全都丧生。 And there reigns love and all love's loving parts, 在你那胸腔里,

发表于:2019-02-24 / 阅读(194) / 评论(0) 分类 莎士比亚十四行诗全集

When to the sessions of sweet silent thought I summon up remembrance of things past, 我有时醉心于沉思默想,把过往的事物细细品尝; I sigh the lack of many a thing I sought, 我慨叹许多未曾如愿之事, And with old woes n

发表于:2019-02-24 / 阅读(206) / 评论(0) 分类 莎士比亚十四行诗全集

When most I wink, then do mine eyes best see, 我的眼睛闭得紧紧,却反能看得清清, For all the day they view things unrespected; 它们白日里所见之物多半是淡淡平平。 But when I sleep, in dreams they look on thee, 但当我

发表于:2019-02-24 / 阅读(211) / 评论(0) 分类 莎士比亚十四行诗全集

Weary with toil, I haste me to my bed, 心倦神疲,我急欲上床休息, The dear repose for limbs with travel tired; 好安顿旅途倦乏的肢体。 But then begins a journey in my head, 然而身体的远足劳作刚停, To work my mind,

发表于:2019-02-24 / 阅读(189) / 评论(0) 分类 莎士比亚十四行诗全集

Let those who are in favor with their stars Of public honor and proud titles boast, 且让那些鸿运亨通的人们,夸耀其高位与显赫的虚名, Whilst I whom fortune of such triumph bars, 我虽无缘侧身幸运者之堂, Unlooked for

发表于:2019-02-24 / 阅读(228) / 评论(0) 分类 莎士比亚十四行诗全集

So is it not with me as with that Muse, 我并不像那一位诗人一样, Stirred by a painted beauty to his verse, 因画布上的美人便感而成章 Who heaven itself for ornament doth use, And every fair with his fair doth rehearse; 连苍天都

发表于:2019-02-24 / 阅读(196) / 评论(0) 分类 莎士比亚十四行诗全集

But wherefore do not you a mightier way Make war upon this bloody tyrant Time? 但为什么你不用更有效的方法去反抗这嗜血的时间魔王, And fortify yourself in your decay 或用更幸福的手段来抵抗衰朽, With means more b

发表于:2019-02-24 / 阅读(252) / 评论(0) 分类 莎士比亚十四行诗全集

Devouring Time, blunt thou the lion's paws, 吞噬一切的流光,你磨钝雄狮爪, And make the earth devour her own sweet brood; 使大地把自已的幼婴吞掉, Pluck the keen teeth from the fierce tiger's jaws, 你从猛虎的嘴中撬出

发表于:2019-02-24 / 阅读(192) / 评论(0) 分类 莎士比亚十四行诗全集