AA: I'm Avi Arditti with Rosanne Skirble, and this week on WORDMASTER: Our theme is food, or more precisely, slang having to do with food. After all, Thanksgiving is just a day away, and the traditional way to celebrate the holiday is with a big, fes

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 词汇大师(Wordmaster)

10 Types of Speech Standard usage includes those words and expressions understood, used, and accepted by a majority of the speakers of a language in any situation regardless of the level of formality. As such, these words and expressions are well def

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(252) / 评论(0) 分类 英语范文背诵20篇

Do you sometimes have a hard time understanding what Americans are talking about among themselves? Do you want to know why? The answer is, Americans are crazy about using slang. They tend to over do i

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(273) / 评论(0) 分类 赖世雄中级美国英语

Listen and enjoy ,american slang act up . The students began to act up as soon as their teacher left the classroom . all ears .Tina is all the ears when her teacher is talking . all right already . All right already , I am doing my homework . all sou

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 新概念英语之全新全译·1

男女开始约会前,他们一般会选择去哪些场所,目的毫无疑问啦,就是找合适的约会对象.....听听他们怎么说 Harp: So today were doing a Chatterbox episode, and thats where we chat. We talk about different topics. S

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 话匣子英语

Callum: Hello, I'm Callum Robertson and this is Entertainment. Dominating the movie scene at the moment is the upcoming Oscars. In the programme today we feature one of the Oscar nominees, Leonardo DiCaprio who has been nominated for his role in the

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听和读

Unit 5 So many kinds of English Vocabulary Task Answers/Script A Sometimes I have trouble understanding native speakers. Thats because native speakers use a lot of slang. I wish I could speak English more fluently. B I want a teacher who is a native

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 大学体验英语听说教程

We all have to grow up someday! In this episode, we talk about becoming and adult and the different generations of adults in North America, and we discuss some of the slang terms that describe various types of adults. We talk about it all, up to havi

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客-北美风情

Larry到小燕工作的金龙餐馆去找她,发现餐馆里很忙。今天我们要学两个常用语,一个是jumping, 一个是joint. (Sound of a busy restaurant) LL: Hi, Xiaoyan. I was in the neighborhood and wanted to stop and say Hi. -- Wow

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 美国之音《流行美语》

To get ahead in this world, you need more than fair looks and a kind heart. 语音讲解: 单词发音: 1.world 英/wɜːld/ 美/wɜːrld/ 2.fair 英/feə(r)/ 美 /fer/ 3.kind 英/kaɪnd/ 美/kaɪnd/ 词间连读: get ahead in /gedəˈhedɪn/ 词

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(84) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着Gwen学英语之每日早读

AA: I'm Avi Arditti with Rosanne Skirble, and this week on Wordmaster -- it's time for our monthly chat with Slangman David Burke in Los Angeles. RS: We were sad to hear that even Slangman, who's always so happy, occasionally has a really bad day. SL

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词大师-Word Master

AA: Im Avi Arditti with Rosanne Skirble, and this week on Wordmaster -- with the remodeling of the VOA News Now schedule, our thoughts turn to construction-related slang. Or, more precisely, words related to construction that have other meanings in s

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词大师-Word Master

AA: I'm Avi Arditti with Rosanne Skirble, and this week on Wordmaster: closing the dictionary on some words of 2005. RS: Grant Barrett is project editor of the Historical Dictionary of American Slang at Oxford University Press. We talked to him last

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词大师-Word Master

Nikki:I said, Word. It means, I fully agree! Wen:Oh. I'm not too good with slang. Go easy on me, alright? Nikki:Aight. Try this out...kill that set so we can hop over to Angles Hair Design. We gotta look fly while we gettin' our groove on tonight. Yo

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 Eztalk美语会话

I have a few main ambitions at the moment. I think the first and foremost ones, seeing as I'm in Japan at the moment studying Japanese, would to be actually to be able to speak the language, but I think that's pretty far fetched ambition at the momen

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

编者按: 要友善,你一定要给人友好的感觉:快乐是友善的基础。一个快乐的人总会面带微笑。微笑好似有吸引力的磁铁,你对别人微笑,你也会得到他微笑的回报。无论在哪里,友善之人都

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英语名篇背诵

Michael 现在在玩电子游戏,李华在等他一起去和朋友吃饭。Michael 今天会教会 李华两个常用语:junkies 和cut it out. (Sound of video games) L: 嗨,Michael,你还没有

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 美国之音《流行美语》

【原文】 Friends and valuative--On Making FriendsEveryone needs friends,and if you fail to make friends,you should examine yourself and see if there is something wrong with your personality. May be you have social faults such as snobbishness,talk

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(25) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力广播—Listening

In Britain, there are heavy taxes on alcoholic drinks and on tobacco. But in France, the taxes on these things are lower. A European Union Regulation says that, when we travel to other EU countries, we may bring back with us anything that we have bou

发表于:2019-03-01 / 阅读(99) / 评论(0) 分类 听播客学英语

Jo: This is Real English from BBC Learning English. Im Jo. Jean: And Im Jean. Jo: Today were going to look at words and phrases that you might not find in your English textbook. Jean: 学习英式英语非常重要的一部分就是要学习他们日常

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(83) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力精选进阶版