Types of Speech Standard usage includes those words and expressions understood, used, and accepted by a majority of the speakers of a language in any situation regardless of the level of formality. As such, these words and expressions are well defin

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(189) / 评论(0) 分类 高级听力练习

Action English 50 Movie Dictionary Child star 童星 Child actor 儿童演员 American Slang He came to see you right before he got tagged. Got tagged=be caught 被逮住 例句 He got tagged last night for drinking beer in the park. 他昨晚在公园喝啤酒,被逮到

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 动感英语

Yvonne: Hello, I'm Yvonne Archer. Alice: I'm Alice. Yvonne: And this is 6 Minute English! Now, like me, you were born in London, weren't you Alice? Alice: Yes I was. Yvonne: Were you born within the sounds of Bow bells, in the East End of London? Ali

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 六分钟英语

【参考例文】 Should Internet Slang Be Prohibited? At present, Internet Slang, such as GG, MM, Xia Mi, has become popular among the teenagers. There are different opinions on Internet Slang. Some students think Internet Slang is vivid,

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 英语作文

方言存在于世界各地,不止汉语有很多地方性的方言,英语也有方言.... Yvonne: Hello, I'm Yvonne Archer. Alice: I'm Alice. Yvonne: And this is 6 Minute English! Now, like me, you were born in London, weren't you Alice? Alice:

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 一起听英语

今天的内容是教英语俚语怎么说,今天学习的一个俚语是,我要累死了,累坏了怎么说 Maura: And todays expressions are ways to say that you are tired. Harp: Yes, different ways of saying that youre very tired. Maura: And

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(25) / 评论(0) 分类 话匣子英语

AA: I'm Avi Arditti with Rosanne Skirble, and this week on WORDMASTER: our guest is Tom Dalzell, senior editor of the New Partridge Dictionary of Slang and Unconventional English -- and, now, the Concise New Partridge Dictionary of Slang and Unconven

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 词汇大师(Wordmaster)

John: Hello, this is Real English from BBC Learning English, Im John Chen Li: 大家好,我是陈鹂,欢迎收听纯正英语 John: In Real English, we look at words and phrases that you might not find in your dictionary. Chen Li: 英语是一种十分定式化的语言,所

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 地道英语在线听

Now, the VOA Learning English program Words and Their Stories. On this show, we explore the origins and usage of common expressions in American English. During September in the United States and in many places around the world children are going back

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(154) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年VOA慢速英语(九)月

吃顿美食说very good; 看完电影说very good; 喝杯奶茶说very good; 心情愉快说very good; 啥好都说very good! 也许你比强一点,还知道awesome. 但是,就没有别的高级表达了吗? 这不,我发愤图强学了18个aw

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(128) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

我们往往把时尚漂亮的妈妈级女性称为辣妈。 之前孙俪主演的《辣妈正传》也风靡网络,娱乐圈也不乏辣妈人选:小S、维多利亚贝克汉姆。英国皇室的凯特王妃,也坚持不穿孕妇装,誓将时尚

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语

这里介绍的语言,在英语是属于淫秽的语言(obscene language),也可以说是脏话(dirty words)。往往是不便说出口的话,因而能说是隐语(shadowlanguage),也可以说是成为禁忌的语言(tabooed wor

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 英语阅读理解

For All Book Lovers: Chapter 2 Now, the VOA Learning English program Words and Their Stories. The goal of this show is to help you learn words and expressions in American English and also when to use them. Today, we continue talking about the word bo

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(六)月

Evil Expressions 邪恶的表情 Now, Words and Their Stories from VOA Learning English. In an earlier program, we talked a lot about the Devil. In many religions, the Devil is the most powerful spirit of evil. Religious leaders teach that hell is wh

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(79) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(十一)月

Larry带李华去打保龄,李华以前从来没打过。今天我们要学两个常用语: put your best foot forward和break a Leg. LL: Lihua, I feel a little dorky admitting this to you, but bowling is my favorite sport. LH: 保龄是你最喜欢

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 美国之音《流行美语》

Todd: Marika lets talk about television. Marika: OK. Todd:Do you like to watch a lot of TV? Marika: Yeah, I watch a lot of TV. Todd:Now you've been in Japan for awhile. Do yo watch TV in English or in Japanese? Marika: I watch TV in Japanese, but if

发表于:2019-01-25 / 阅读(20) / 评论(0) 分类 英语趣味课堂

AA: I'm Avi Arditti with Rosanne Skirble, and this week on Wordmaster: closing the dictionary on some words of 2005. RS: Grant Barrett is project editor of the Historical Dictionary of American Slang at Oxford University Press. We talked to him last

发表于:2019-01-25 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 词汇大师(Wordmaster)

AA: I'm Avi Arditti with Rosanne Skirble, and this week on WORDMASTER: our guest is Tom Dalzell, senior editor of the New Partridge Dictionary of Slang and Unconventional English -- and, now, the Concise New Partridge Dictionary of Slang and Unconven

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词大师-Word Master

AA: I'm Avi Arditti with Rosanne Skirble. This week on WORDMASTER: we're back with A. C. Kemp from slangcity.com. She calls it the online home of American slang. RS: We're talking about frequently used terms that her international students in her cla

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词大师-Word Master

Employers assume that those they hire know how to perform certain tasks. For example your boss will expect you to know how to write a professional email and answer the phone properly. Those tasks are pretty simple, but others are a bit more complicat

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间