Presenter/producer: Helen Hu Helen: This is Real English from BBC Learning English. Im Helen. Zoe: 我是刘佳. 在今天的Real English中,我们来学一些英语中出现的新词儿和习惯用语 Helen: Todays new word is grub. G.R.U.B. Zoe: Grub, 是什么意思呀? Helen: W

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 地道英语在线听

Do you have the guts to sing in front of people? Neil: This is Real English from BBC Learning English. I'm Neil. Helen: And I'm Helen. Neil, 咱们今天学什么新词儿呀? Neil: Today's new word is 'guts'. G.U.T.S. guts. Helen: Guts, 给我们讲讲是什么意思

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 地道英语在线听

Types of Speech Standard usage includes those words and expressions understood, used, and accepted by a majority of the speakers of a language in any situation regardless of the level of formality. As such, these words and expressions are well define

发表于:2018-12-12 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 英语小短文

HOST: Welcome to AMERICAN MOSAIC in VOA Special English. (MUSIC) I'm Doug Johnson. On our show this week: We listen to some hip-hop music from Talib Kweli /P Answer a question about American slang /P And report about a famous parrot. Alex HOST: A ta

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2007年(九)月

Who Is the 'Breadwinner' in Your Family? Now, the VOA Learning English program Words and Their Stories. On todays show about English words and expressions, we are going to talk about bread. Now, most countries around the world have some sort of bread

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(十一)月

终有一天我们都会长大,在加拿大对于成年人的规定年龄是多少呢,他们在未成年时,不允许做哪些事呢 Maura: All right. So, todays episode is a Chatterbox episode and that is where Harp and I get to chat about all

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(24) / 评论(0) 分类 话匣子英语

AA: I'm Avi Arditti with Rosanne Skirble. This week on WORDMASTER: we're back with A. C. Kemp from slangcity.com. She calls it the online home of American slang. RS: We're talking about frequently used terms that her international students in her cla

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 词汇大师(Wordmaster)

(MA) We've probably all wondered how a new word gets into the dictionary. Take the word doofus, for example, spelled d-o-o-f-u-s, meaning a stupid or incompetent person. This word, which has been around since the late 1960's in a slang sense, made i

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 托福听力短文

One of the great consolations(1) of the end of the year is a New Year's Eve party. We don't always go to a party on New Year's Eve. Sometimes we prefer to stay at home, by the fire, with good food and drink, family and maybe a few friends, and welcom

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客 A cup of English

Bridget Jones, the UK's most famous singleton. Image: Imagenet Neil: Hello, welcome to Real English from BBC Learning English, I'm Neil. Lily: And I'm Lily. 大家好,我是杨莉! Neil: In Real English we look at words and phrases that you might not fin

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 地道英语在线听

hard coin 大笔的钱 英文释义 Slang expression describing large amounts of money. 例句 My friend is earning some hard coin with his popular new business, and he will soon buy a new house and a luxury car. 我朋友靠做热门生意赚了大钱

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 每日商务英语

I'm Susan Clark with the Special English program WORDS AND THEIR STORIES. (MUSIC) In the nineteen thirties, a song, Brother, Can You Spare a Dime?, was very popular in the United States. It was the time of the big Depression. The song had meaning for

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2007年(二)月

AA: I'm Avi Arditti with Rosanne Skirble, and this week on Wordmaster, Musa Nushi, a 27-year-old Iranian with a master's degree in English teaching from Tehran University. MUSA NUSHI: English is in high demand in Iran because lots of people are going

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词大师-Word Master

陈豪在北京的ABC美国公司工作,他看见美国同事Amy正跟办公室另外几个人一起出去。 (Office ambience) CH:Amy, Are you guys going to lunch? A:Yes. Would you like to join us? C:好啊。我跟你们一起去。 A:I h

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

AA: I'm Avi Arditti with Rosanne Skirble, and this week on Wordmaster: we answer some listener questions. RS: Starting with this one from Rajpal Rawal in India, who sends us two sentences with questions about pronunciation -- more specifically, about

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词大师-Word Master

AA: I'm Avi Arditti and this week on Wordmaster: another in our recent conversations with English teachers from around the world. These are teachers I met in Seattle at the annual convention of the TESOL association. TESOL stands for Teachers of Engl

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词大师-Word Master

I have a few main ambitions at the moment. I think the first and foremost ones, seeing as I'm in Japan at the moment studying Japanese, would to be actually to be able to speak the language, but I think that's pretty far fetched ambition at the momen

发表于:2019-02-20 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 实战口语情景对话

今天李华和Larry 在谈暑假里打算干什么,李华会学到两个常用语:jack 和kaput。 LH: Hey Larry, 你知不知道纽约附近哪个地方可以钓鱼呀? LL: Fishing, huh? I'm s

发表于:2019-02-20 / 阅读(95) / 评论(0) 分类 美国之音《流行美语》

看美剧、跟美国人聊天,你是否常被他们的俚语、口头禅弄得摸不着头脑?比如平时听Spencer, Adam的节目,他俩动不动来一句:Right off the bat..., knock it out of the park...到底什么意思?今天,我们就

发表于:2019-02-22 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 美国文化脱口秀

I have a few main ambitions at the moment. I think the first and foremost ones, seeing as I'm in Japan at the moment studying Japanese, would to be actually to be able to speak the language, but I think that's pretty far fetched ambition at the momen

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(111) / 评论(0) 分类 英语访谈对话