U164 There is a good three miles to the station.(足足) I'll give you a good try. (好好试) I'll give them a good dry. I've a good day work today. It needs a good wash. We should give it a good cle

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 沛沛英语

Welcome to another edition of Words to the Wise! Languages, as you all know, are always changing. Last month, we learned about some new words that the American dictionary Merriam-Webster added to its online dictionary. They included conversational wo

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年VOA慢速英语(四)月

Are You Too Smart for Your Own Good? Now, the VOA Learning English program Words and Their Stories. Today we take a look at the word smart. If someone says you are smart, what do you they mean? Is it a good thing or something bad? The answer is not a

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(八)月

Language Points #SLANG - Blown away: impressed. Example:Everyone is blown away by Josh's chocolate chip cookies.

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 爆笑英语口语

Sharp 两个常用法: ① 穿着帅气 例句:Thats a really sharp looking suit. 这种穿着很漂亮。 ② 聪明 例句:Hes a sharp lawyer. 他是一个聪明的律师。(责任编辑:American Slang Freak)

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 美国俚语

Larry和李华刚刚忙完手头的工作。他们一起去吃冰激凌。李华今天要学两个常用语:my treat和ginormous. LL: Well, Li Hua, you just finished a big paper, and I just finished an important project at work. Let's go for ice cr

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 美国之音《流行美语》

你是否已经厌倦了awesome的单一表达方式,你想用其他的方式来表达awesome嘛,这里我们将给大家列出18个awesome的同义词。 1. thriven and thro 极好的,卓越的 Thriven here appears to derive from the sense mea

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

图片1 At Culips we always try to be a little crazy! This word has a literal meaning but also tons of slang ways to use it. In North America it is a very popular word. Other similar words include, insane, bananas, nuts. Check out this podcast to hea

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客-北美风情

Action English 41 Movie Dictionary Out takes 不被选用的部分镜头 Bloopers 洋相镜头 American Slang Ya right 骗人,我才不信呢 例句 Ya right you got perfect on the test,you didn't even study. 我才不信你会考得很好呢,你从来都不学习。 You know what?I just

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 动感英语

在即将挥别过去十年之际,试问中国最流行的网络语录是哪一句?相信很多人都会提到人生就是一个杯子,而它是杯具还是洗具,全由你自己选择。 What are Chinas most popular online slang terms as we ap

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

我们都知道在演艺界通常都分实力派和偶像派。前者靠本事取胜,而后者多少都靠脸蛋或身材取胜。当然,我们也不能否认有一部分偶像和实力兼具的艺人存在。那些长相出众的艺人就难免会

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语

American slang is different from British slang because of the evolution of American English When the pioneers living in the new world had children, they taught their children to pronounce words the way they were written, in order to keep things s

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

有钱和没钱,除了用rich和poor表达之外,还有什么新潮时尚的说法吗? 有钱 I'm loaded. Loaded: Slang Having a great deal of money. 非常的有钱。它即可以表示某人很富有,也可以用来表示某人现在手里很

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语

也许你认为自己去英语国家旅游完全没问题,再仔细想想!不同的英语国家对于同一个英文单词可能有不同的理解。看看哪8个单词会令你在其他英语国家遭遇尴尬吧。 Pants Be careful who you tell

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语

Larry和李华正在去学校的书店。 李华今天会学到两个常用语hip and square。 LL: Wow, Li Hua, that is a really hip book bag! LH: Hip? Hip不是人的臀部吗。这跟我的书包有什么关系呢? LL: Hip is a slang word that m

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 美国之音《流行美语》

Thanks to a mix of different cultures and advancing technology, American slang has been rapidly evolving over the past years, with new expressions popping up and fading out regularly. The ease of communication in our digital age has allowed local coi

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Try this when you're sick NO question about it, you're a hardworking student. But no matter how serious you are, you have to skip some lectures when you don't feel well. So this week we give you: words related to 请假. 1. John, hi, can you please t

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

美国俚语 American Slang 现今,美国本土有很多的年轻人Teenager,见面聊天时爱说一些俚语slang,这些俚语在课本上比较不常见,因为它们是属于不正统、不讲求文法,比较常用在非正式场所的英文

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语

Neil: Hello and welcome to The English We Speak, I'm Neil. Li: And I'm Li. Did you stay much longer last night at the office party? 大家好!欢迎收听地道英语。我是Neil。 我是Li。 昨晚办公室聚会你们是不是玩儿了很久?

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(316) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语

Woop! 最新的美语 slang!!白洁和她的朋友都会用的新美语口语! 1) (___)-fest 会有很多, 形容某件东西很多 2) Woot! Woop! 表示欣喜!你也可以说 Woo-hoo! 3) all kinds of 非常

发表于:2019-03-02 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 OMG美语