Standard usage includes those words and expressions understood, used, and accepted by a majority of the speakers of a language in any situation regardless of the level of formality. As such, these words and expressions are well defined and listed in

发表于:2018-11-27 / 阅读(644) / 评论(0) 分类 新概念优美背诵短文50篇

Standard usage includes those words and expressions understood, used, and accepted by a majority of the speakers of a language in any situation regardless of the level of formality. As such, these words and expressions are well defined and listed in

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(125) / 评论(0) 分类 考研背诵50篇

Standard usage includes those words and expressions understood, used, and accepted by a majority of the speakers of a language in any situation regardless of the level of formality. As such, these wor

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(148) / 评论(0) 分类 新东方现代文背诵篇章

电影词典 equipment staff 道具人员 AMERICAN SLANG 美国俚语 剧中:Thanks a bunch! a bunch : 许多 a lot e.g. 1I thanked my parents a bunch after they gave me a present for my birthday. 我很感谢父母送我很多生日礼物。 2Th

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 听动感英语学口语

Some of my listeners have asked me to examine and explain English phrases and vocabulary in depth. I think that that is a great idea. In order to do this, I have selected a small paragraph from a magazine that is about wasting money. This will be the

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客 A cup of English

图片1 Paul Kerrison is a friend of Maura from England who was visiting North America for the first time. In this interview you get to know Paul, and hear about his American adventures in New York City and the Independence Day celebrations he attend

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客-北美风情

图片1 Everyone at Culips is a traveler. And if you are learning English, then maybe you also like to visit other countries and experience different cultures. Taking airplanes is part of the fun of traveling, and there is lots of special vocabulary

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客-北美风情

影片对白 Morgan: Hey, have you eaten? Kate: No, but I'm not- Morgan: Neither have I. I realized I'm totally starving. We could grab a quick bite. Kate: Okay. Morgan: Yeah? Kate: All right. Morgan: Looks pretty good. Perfect. Kate: No, Morgan, it's--

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 影视英语

AS IT IS 2014-01-21 Asian Countries Top International School Test 亚洲国家顶级国际学校测试 Hello again and welcome back. This is As It Is, from VOA Learning English. Im June Simms. Millions of people around the world want to learn America

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年VOA慢速英语(一)月

New slang: Speak of the devil. someone appears after you mention them. Speak of the Devil is short for Speak of the Devil and he shall come. It was believed that if you spoke about the Devil it would attract his attention. That's why when you're ta

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英语俚语天天说

释义: Bark: If you bark at someone, you shout at them aggressively in a loud, rough voice. 咆哮,本来的意思是狗叫;The wrong tree:错误的那棵树; 字面来看,bark up the wrong tree意思是对着错误的树咆哮; in Engli

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 英语俚语天天说

【课堂详解】 All my dear listeners, please listen to the following sentences: We had a blast at the amusement park. We stayed there all day and night. Listen againWe had a blast at the amusement park. We stayed there all day and night. 亲爱的听

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 英语早间课堂

【课堂详说】 第七、我们可以说be a back seat driver. It is an interesting slang. In English, it means a passenger in a vehicle who keeps giving advice to the driver how he or she should drive. 中文意思是对驾驶者指手画脚的乘客

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 英语早间课堂

图片1 Are you a chicken? In this episode we look at a familiar word but show you how it can be used in another way. Most of you probably know that a chicken is a kind of bird. And you can also probably imagine a chicken dinner. There is another fun

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(231) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客-北美风情

图片1 Many of you have probably heard of the word bug. Most people know it as a noun, but it can also be used as a verb, like to bug a person. Do you think that bugging a person would be good or bad? Do you think someone would like to be bugged? Ch

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(115) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客-北美风情

介绍: tea leaf n. 小偷,小贼; 音同thief Rhyming slang 同韵俚语 Where's my wallet? You've got it, you tea leaf! 我钱包呢!你拿了,你这个小贼! Some tea-leaf stole my cash! 有小头偷了我的钱! Black tea 红茶 Gree

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 英语俚语天天说

If you're studying a foreign language, you'll know that learning vocabulary can often be a painstaking process. After all, there are thousands upon thousands of words, expressions and idioms to learn. But sometimes, new words appear that can confound

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力精选进阶版

讲解 Today's key word is Jaywalk 乱穿马路,走路不遵守交通规则 The word jaywalk is a compound word derived from the word jay and walk. The word Jay has an archaic(古代的) meaning in American slang (俚语). It means a person who c

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英语悠选脱口秀

Topics: Famous Authors: Harriet Beecher Stowe; Death Valley National Park; idiom versus slang; a chunk of rural wilderness; the rest of (something) Words: abolitionist slavery livelihood fugitive to prompt cabin stereotype to set aside valley arid ha

发表于:2019-02-23 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 美语听力 English Cafe