Michael是纽约大学的美国学生,他同时也在一家建筑公司实习。他的中国同学李华今天要去他的公司看他。Michael听得懂中文,但是说还有点困难。Michael和李

发表于:2018-11-29 / 阅读(121) / 评论(0) 分类 Modern English 洋话连篇

WORDS AND THEIR STORIES - Dime By Jerry Watson Broadcast: Sunday, August 22, 2004 Revised by Xiao Jinyin( jinyinx@***.com ) In the 1930s, a song

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(276) / 评论(0) 分类 WORDS AND THEIR STORIES

Standard usage includes those words and expressions understood, used, and accepted by a majority of the speakers of a language in any situation regardless of the level of formality. As such, these wor

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(203) / 评论(0) 分类 新东方背诵文选

TEXT: I'm Adam Phillips, sitting in for Avi Arditti and Rosanne Skirble this week on Wordmaster. Today, it's the language of bicycle, or bike, messengers. Businesses in every major American city rely on bike messengers to zip in and out of traffic at

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词大师-Word Master

AA: I'm Avi Arditti with Rosanne Skirble, and this week on Wordmaster, we meet an English teacher who plays our program to his students, much to our delight. RS: What's surprising is that Brian Backman teaches right here in America, and his students

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词大师-Word Master

Thanksgiving which falls on the fourth Thursday of November, is one of the biggest American holidays. This holiday started in the early 1600's after settlers arrived in America. These people who came

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(129) / 评论(0) 分类 赖世雄中级美国英语

Smirting 以借火和某人搭讪 Diarmuid: Hello Im Diarmuid. Feifei: Why are you looking so happy Diarmuid? Diarmuid: Well, earlier today, I was outside on my telephone, when a lady asked me for a lighter. I think she might have been trying to smir

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英语时差8,16

安德鲁最近得到了一份可以和广大青少年接触的工作,从他们那里,安德鲁学习到了很多新的词汇和俚语,来看看都有什么吧 Andrew: Harp, whats new with you? Harp: Not much. It was a pretty boring day. How ab

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 话匣子英语

AA: I'm Avi Arditti with Rosanne Skirble, and this week on WORDMASTER: Our theme is food, or more precisely, slang having to do with food. So we're dusting off a vintage WORDMASTER: a segment we did with our old friend, David Burke, better known as S

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 词汇大师(Wordmaster)

AA: I'm Avi Arditti with Rosanne Skirble, and this week on WORDMASTER: slang and idioms in American politics. RS: Slangman David Burke in Los Angeles told us a story about one candidate who had no problem with name recognition: DAVID BURKE: Once upon

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 词汇大师(Wordmaster)

Time for a fag Neil: This is Real English from BBC Learning English. I'm Neil. Helen: And I'm Helen. Neil: Today we're going to look at words and phrases that have recently become part of the English language. Helen: 在今天的节目里,我们要一块儿来学

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 地道英语在线听

Many Food Names in English Come From Africa On a recent program, we told you stories of English words borrowed from other languages. Today, we will tell you about words English has taken from African languages. Many of these words entered English as

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(24) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(二)月

Feel the Pinch 感到经济拮据 Hello, I'm Anna Matteo with the Learning English program Words and Their Stories. In the 1930s, a song, Brother, Can You Spare a Dime? was very popular in the United States. It was the time of the big Depression. The

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(九)月

AA: Im Avi Arditti with Rosanne Skirble, and this week on Wordmaster -- advice for battling weasels of a wordy sort. RS: Weasels are small, nasty animals. Their reputation gives us slang expressions like weasel words -- language thats deceptive or ev

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词大师-Word Master

AA: I'm Avi Arditti with Rosanne Skirble, and this week on Wordmaster: we answer some listener questions. RS: Starting with this one from Rajpal Rawal in India, who sends us two sentences with questions about pronunciation -- more specifically, about

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词大师-Word Master

走进巴西人家看足球 Brazil, some say, is where the soul of football lives. The passion of its loyal fan base is especially evident now during the World Cup. At one Brazilian family's home in S?o Paulo, that passion is on full display. 有人说

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2014年6月

A Happy New Year, everyone. Many thanks to all of you who sent e-mails to wish me a speedy recovery from the flu. I am now much better thank you. Todays podcast is a delayed Christmas podcast. I would have made it before Christmas, but I was unwell s

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 听播客学英语

语言的类型 标准用法包括那些为使用这种语言的大多数人在任何场合下理解、使用和接受的词和短语,而不论该场合是否正式。 这些词和短语的意义已很确定并被列入了标准词典中。 相反,

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 双语有声阅读

要友善,你一定要给人友好的感觉:快乐是友善的基础。一个快乐的人总会面带微笑。微笑好似有吸引力的磁铁,你对别人微笑,你也会得到他微笑的回报。无论在哪里,友善之人都会让陌生

发表于:2019-03-01 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 双语有声阅读

I have a few main ambitions at the moment. I think the first and foremost ones, seeing as I'm in Japan at the moment studying Japanese, would to be actually to be able to speak the language, but I think that's pretty far fetched ambition at the momen

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(88) / 评论(0) 分类 英语趣味课堂