AA: Im Avi Arditti with Rosanne Skirble, and this week on WORDMASTER -- slang and idioms in American politics. RS: Tuesday was Election Day, and Slangman David Burke in Los Angeles told us a story about one candidate who had no problem with name reco

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词大师-Word Master

AA: I'm Avi Arditti with Rosanne Skirble, and this week on WORDMASTER: Slang that's not necessarily slang. RS: A. C. Kemp teaches international students as a lecturer in English language studies at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. She also

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 词汇大师(Wordmaster)

Broadcast on COAST TO COAST: August 28, 2003 SOUND: Seagulls, ship horn AA: I'm Avi Arditti, with Rosanne Skirble, and this week on Wordmaster -- the catch of the day, terms from the sea. Lots of nautical expressions have washed ashore into everyday

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 词汇大师(Wordmaster)

图片1 Wannabe is a slang word that comes from putting the words want to be together into one word. Do you know what this word means? It has been used in many pop songs, movies and television shows. If you wanna be a natural English speaker, check o

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(25) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客-北美风情

图片1 In this episode, we explain many slang expressions to say Lets leave. These expressions are strange and funny. Knowing these expressions can help you in your listening comprehension. If you choose to use any of the expressions they should onl

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客-北美风情

图片1 Get down is very important for you to know if you like to party! If you like to go out to the club and dance you will hear this expression! Or if you like to listen to dance music, it is fun to know all the slang for dancing. This episode we

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客-北美风情

From NPR news, this is All Things Considered, I'm Robert Siegel. I'm Melissa Block and I'm gonna try to keep this next intro short so we can hit the post, fit in the web back, and avoid busting the segment. And you may not be able to decipher that ra

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(105) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年NPR美国国家公共电台

The Shins - New Slang gold teeth and a curse for this town were all in my mouth. only, i don't know how they got out, dear. turn me back into the pet that i was when we met. i was happier then with no mind-set. and if you'd 'a took to me like a gull

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 影视英文歌曲

Broadcast on Coast to Coast: November 7, 2002 Rebroadcast on VOA News Now: November 10, 2002 AA: I'm Avi Arditti with Rosanne Skirble, and this week on WORDMASTER -- slang and idioms in American politics. RS: Tuesday was Election Day, and Slangman Da

发表于:2019-01-25 / 阅读(130) / 评论(0) 分类 词汇大师(Wordmaster)

MUSIC: Syncopated Clocks/Leroy Anderson AA: I'm Avi Arditti with Rosanne Skirble, and this week on Wordmaster -- time for some slang! This past week, the United States went off Daylight Savings Time and onto Standard Time for the next six months. So

发表于:2019-01-25 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 词汇大师(Wordmaster)

(Recorded March 19, earlier in the day of the outbreak of war in Iraq, for Coast to Coast) AA: I'm Avi Arditti with Rosanne Skirble, and this week on Wordmaster -- we offer a few minutes of relief with a look at some stress-related slang. RS: We got

发表于:2019-01-25 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 词汇大师(Wordmaster)

Broadcast on Coast to Coast: January 30, 2003 AA: I'm Avi Arditti with Rosanne Skirble, and this week on Wordmaster -- Slangman David Burke is on hand in Los Angeles to give us a hand with some handy slang. Get the idea of this week's topic? Well, yo

发表于:2019-01-25 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 词汇大师(Wordmaster)

Broadcast on Coast to Coast: August 1, 2002 Re-broadcast on VOA News Now: August 4, 2002 AA: I'm Avi Arditti with Rosanne Skirble, and this week on Wordmaster -- a timely accounting of some slang related to business fraud. BUSH: Every corporate offic

发表于:2019-01-25 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 词汇大师(Wordmaster)

Broadcast on Coast to Coast: April 18 Re-broadcast on VOA News Now: April 21 AA: I'm Avi Arditti with Rosanne Skirble, and this week on Wordmaster -- we look at the teaching of English to non-native speakers at younger and younger ages. RS: Members o

发表于:2019-01-25 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 词汇大师(Wordmaster)

AA: I'm Avi Arditti with Rosanne Skirble, and this week on WORDMASTER -- wishing you good health over the holidays, with Slangman David Burke. RS: Once again, just for our listeners, Slangman David Burke has rewritten a popular children's fairy tale

发表于:2019-01-25 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 词汇大师(Wordmaster)

图片1 Have you ever been wasted? It is a slang word for something that is fun and important if you are going to a lot of parties. Check out Robins story below and see if you can guess what wasted means.

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客-北美风情

Demand Grows for Classes in English Slang LOS ANGELES Many people who learn English as a second language think they have a good grasp of it until they watch an American TV show or speak to someone from the United States and realize there's a lot they

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA常速英语2013年(十一月)

AA: I'm Avi Arditti with Rosanne Skirble, and this week on WORDMASTER: Slang that's not necessarily slang. RS: A. C. Kemp teaches international students as a lecturer in English language studies at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. She also

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词大师-Word Master

Pre-Listening Vocabulary shrink: short for headshrinker; slang for psychologist or psychiatrist psychiatrist: a doctor with a specialization in mental health; can prescribe medication psychologist: one who has a degree in psychology (may do research

发表于:2019-02-27 / 阅读(126) / 评论(0) 分类 趣谈英语

《情归新泽西》清新伤感小调:New Slang 来自美国新墨西哥州的四人乐队The Shins可以说是Indie音乐领域中最成功的乐队之一不但在全世界 拥有大批歌迷,2003年还被《Rolling Stones》评选为年度最佳

发表于:2019-03-02 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 影视英文歌曲