Everyday is a gift 每天都是一份礼物 My brother-in-law opened the bottom drawer of my sisters bureau and lifted out a tissue-wrapped package. This, he said, is not a slip. This is lingerie. He discarded the tissue and handed me the slip. It wa

发表于:2018-11-29 / 阅读(104) / 评论(0) 分类 四级晨读英语美文

a block of 一栋 block 一座大楼 desert 废弃 flat 公寓房 land 着陆 land on 降落在 lonely 偏僻的,人迹罕至的 on another occasion 还有一次 Pilastus Porter 皮勒特斯. 波特(飞机机名) plough 犁,耕地 roof 楼顶

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 新概念英语第二册单词MP3

be used to (doing)习惯做某事 before long 不久以后 buoy 浮标 come away 脱落,离开 companion 同伙,伙伴 desperately 绝望地 dismay 沮丧 drift 漂动,漂流 gently 缓慢地,轻轻地 move across 在上行驶 move in a c

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 新概念英语第二册单词MP3

Lesson 85 a curious coincidence 奇妙的巧合 album 相册,签名簿 coincidence 巧合 contribute 捐助,援助 contribute towards 为捐助 devote 致力于 devote oneself to 致力于 do not matter 没有关系 encouragement 鼓励 farewell 告

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 新概念英语第二册单词MP3

58.派对 常用应急场景 范例一:A piece of advice Have you signed up to join the companys Christmas party? Sure, I have. Will you join? I will. You know, as a newcomer, I think it might be a good opportunity to get to know people from the other depart

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 白领口语应急

下面我们来学几个短语。 1. be used to 习惯于 这是个形容词性短语,短语中的to是介词,后面接名词或者代词。如果要时候习惯于做某事的话,遇到的是动词,就要使用动词的动名词形式,即:

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 英语早间课堂

By Steve Mort Miami Beach, Florida 19 February 2008 Miami Beach in Florida is home to the largest concentration of architecture from the 1920s and '30s in the United States. The historic art deco buildings are a popular tourist attraction, but preser

发表于:2019-01-09 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA常速英语2008年(二月)

Chinese Premier Li Keqiang is in Bucharest, where hes met Romanian Prime Minister Victor Ponta and other top leaders. His itinerary also include talks with Central and Eastern European leaders, a business forum aimed at strengthening economic ties. H

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 CCTV9英语新闻2013年11月

A: Hello sir, how may I help you? B: I would like to buy some flowers, please. Something really nice. A: I see, may I ask what the occasion is? B: Its not really an occasion, its more like Im sorry. A: Very well.This arrangement here is very popular

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 纯正地道美语

The other day I went for a walk in the park with a friend of mine. We don't see eachother very much because she is busy taking a nursing degree, so it was a treat to spend some time together. The day couldn't have been any nicer. It was a cool but ve

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(87) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客 A cup of English

The United States is sending a high-profile delegation to a key security conference that opened in Munich, Germany Friday, marking a new page in transatlantic relations under the Obama administration. 美国派遣一个级别很高的代表团前往德

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2009年2月

Today, a memorial service was held in Greymouth for the 29 miners killed in the Pike River Coal Mine. The bodies are still in the mine so families cannot hold funerals but instead this was a service to remember and honour all 29 men. The service was

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 新西兰英语