In a frenzy the Savage ran back to the house, seized it, whirled it. 野蛮人一发狂,跑回屋抓住鞭子,唰的一鞭, The knotted cords bit into his flesh. 打了结的绳咬进了自己的肉。 Strumpet! Strumpet! he shouted at every bl

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 美丽新世界

Splendid! He kept his telescopic cameras carefully aimedglued to their moving objective; 精彩片他小心地调着望远摄影机的镜头,盯紧了那移动着的对象。 clapped on a higher power to get a close-up of the frantic and distorted

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 美丽新世界

The Savage had retreated towards cover, and now, in the posture of an animal at bay, 野蛮人已往隐蔽处退却,摆出一副暴虎凭河的架势, stood with his back to the wall of the lighthouse, staring from face to face in speechless horr

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 美丽新世界

The Savage ignored his offer. What do you want with me? he asked, turning from one grinning face to another. What do you want with me? 野蛮人没有理会他递出的东西。你们要拿我干什么?他望着一个又一个傻笑的面孔问。你

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 美丽新世界

He realized to his dismay that, absorbed in the whittling of his bow, 他惶惑地意识到,在他沉溺于削制弓体的时候, he had forgotten what he had sworn to himself he would constantly rememberpoor Linda, 竟然忘记了自己发过誓要

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 美丽新世界

all wear green, said a soft but very distinct voice, beginning in the middle of a sentence, and Delta Children wear khaki. 都穿绿色,一个柔和清晰的声音从句子中途开始,而德尔塔儿童则穿咔叽。 Oh no, I don't want to play

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 美丽新世界

No, we can't rejuvenate. But I'm very glad, Dr. Shaw had concluded, to have had this opportunity to see an example of senility in a human being. 是的,我们没有办法返老还童。但是我很高兴。萧大夫下了结论,有了这个机会看

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 美丽新世界

After the scene in the Fertilizing Room, 授精室那一幕之后, all upper-caste London was wild to see this delicious creature,伦敦的上层种姓都迫不及待地想见识一下这位妙人,who had fallen on his knees before the Director of

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 美丽新世界

She too had poetry at her command, knew words that sang and were spells and beat drums. 她的心里也有诗,知道一些能够歌唱的话句,是符咒,是鼓点。 Kiss me; she closed her eyes, she let her voice sink to a sleepy murmur, Kiss

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 美丽新世界

Why should you think it necessary ... Lenina began, but left the sentence unfinished. 你为什么非要先办列宁娜开始了,却住了口, There was a note of irritation in her voice. 口气略带温怒。 When one has leant forward, nearer a

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 美丽新世界

Helmholtz had been restless throughout the entire scene; but when, pathetically mimed by the Savage, Juliet cried out: 赫姆霍尔兹听那一幕时一直不大安静,但是在这时宋丽叶用野蛮人模仿出的伤感语调叫道: Is there no

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 美丽新世界

When, discomfited, he came and asked once more for the friendship which, in his prosperity, he had not thought it worth his while to preserve. 在他心烦的时候伯纳又去跟赫姆霍尔兹套近乎了在他得意时是认为那友谊不值得维持

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 美丽新世界

Bernard, by this time, was fast asleep and smiling at the private paradise of his dreams. Smiling, smiling. 此时的伯纳却睡得正酣,正对着他梦中的私人天堂微笑。微笑,微笑。 But inexorably, every thirty seconds, the minute

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 美丽新世界

Now, who wants a chocolate clair? she asked in a loud, cheerful tone. 现在,谁要吃巧克力馅的条糕?她用快活的口气大声叫道。 Me! yelled the entire Bokanovsky Group in chorus. 我要吃!整个波坎诺夫斯基组的孩子们都

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 美丽新世界

Together they hurried along the corridor to the lifts. 两人沿着走廊匆匆向电梯走去。 But do you like being slaves? the Savage was saying as they entered the Hospital. 可是,你们愿意做奴隶吗?他俩走进医院时野蛮人正在

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 美丽新世界

Bernard dashed to meet them. He waved his arms; and it was action, he was doing something. 伯纳冲上去迎接他们,向他们招手。他毕竟在行动,在做着什么。 He shouted Help! several times, more and more loudly so as to give hims

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 美丽新世界

Mass production demanded the shift. 大规模生产需要这种转轨。 Universal happiness keeps the wheels steadily turning; truth and beauty can't. 众人的幸福能让轮子稳定地运转;而真与美不行。 And, of course, whenever the ma

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(24) / 评论(0) 分类 美丽新世界

But who was he to be pampered with the daily and hourly sight of loveliness? 可是他是什么样的人,竟然得到如此的娇惯,可以每时每日欣赏如此的美景? Who was he to be living in the visible presence of God? 他是什么样的

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 美丽新世界

All the tonic effects of murdering Desdemona and being murdered by Othello, without any of the inconveniences. 它所能产生的滋补效果跟杀死苔斯德蒙娜和被奥塞罗杀死相同,却丝毫没有它的不方便。 But I like the inconv

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 美丽新世界

One of the numerous things in heaven and earth that these philosophers didn't dream about was this (he waved his hand), 天地之间有一种哲学家们连做梦也没有想到过的存在,那就是我们,(他挥舞着一只手) us, the mode

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(225) / 评论(0) 分类 美丽新世界