Hello, he said to the microphone, hello, hello A bell suddenly rang inside his hat. 哈罗,他对麦克风说,哈罗,哈罗帽子里突然响起了铃声。 Is that you, Edzel? Primo Mellon speaking. Yes, I've got hold of him. 是你吗,厄泽尔

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 美丽新世界

After a time the vermin evidently became bored and flew away; 过了一会儿,害虫们显然是厌倦了,飞走了。 for hours at a stretch the sky above his head was empty and, but for the larks, silent. 他头上的天空连续好几个小时空

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 美丽新世界

He counted his money. The little that remained would be enough, he hoped, to tide him over the winter. 他数了数钱,他希望剩下的几个钱能够让他度过冬天。 By next spring, his garden would be producing enough to make him independe

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 美丽新世界

One of the students held up his hand; 一个学生举起了手: and though he could see quite well why you couldn't have lower-cast people wasting the Community's time over books, 不能让低种姓的人在书本上去浪费社会的时间,而且读

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 美丽新世界

Chapter Two 第二章 Mr.Foster was left in the Decanting Room. 福斯特先生被留在了换瓶车间。 The D.H.C. and his students stepped into the nearest lift and were carried up to the fifth floor. 孵化与条件设置中心主任和学生们踏

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 美丽新世界

For in nature it takes thirty years for two hundred eggs to reach maturity. 因为在自然状态下,要让两百个卵子成熟需要三十年之久。 But our business is to stabilize the population at this moment, here and now. 但我们现在的任

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 美丽新世界

At the sound of his voice the Director started into a guilty realization of where he was; 主任听见他说话,猛然一惊,意识到了自己的处境,不安起来。 shot a glance at Bernard, and averting his eyes, blushed darkly; looked at

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 美丽新世界

He had often seen it before. When you're bigger, she had said, you can read it. Well, now he was big enough. 那书他以前常看见。你长大以后,她说,就可以读了。好了,现在他长大了。 He was proud. I'm afraid you won't fin

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(16) / 评论(0) 分类 美丽新世界

There was a gasp, a murmur of astonishment and horror; a young girl screamed; standing on a chair to get a better view some one upset two test-tubes full of spermatozoa. 人们倒抽了一口气,发出一阵惊愕和恐怖的低语;一个姑娘尖叫

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 美丽新世界

Ladies and gentlemen, the Director repeated once more, excuse me for thus interrupting your labours.女士们,先生们,主任再重复了一句,我这样打断你们的劳动,很为抱歉。 A painful duty constrains me. 是一种痛苦的责任

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 美丽新世界

A public example, he was saying. In this room, because it contains more high-caste workers than any other in the Centre.他成了这屋里众人的榜样了,主任说,因为这屋里的高种姓人员比中心的其他任何单位都多。 I have

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 美丽新世界

THE HANDS of all the four thousand electric clocks in all the Bloomsbury Centre's four thousand rooms marked twenty-seven minutes past two. 布鲁姆斯贝里中心,四千个房间里的四千座电钟的指针都指着两点二十七分。 This hi

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 美丽新世界

The Savage read on: Property was thus appall'd,That the self was not the same; 野蛮人继续读道: 这一来自我便淡化隐去,自己跟自己再不相同, Single nature's double name Neither two nor one was call'd Reason in itself confound

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 美丽新世界

Absence, say, of Susan's, Absenee of Egeria's Arms and respective bosoms,Lips and, ah, posteriors,Slowly form a presence; 不在场的人们,比如苏希,还有艾季丽亚,她也缺席,她们的胸脯,她们的手臂,啊,还有臀部,还

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(85) / 评论(0) 分类 美丽新世界

THE menial staff of the Park Lane Hospital for the Dying consisted of one hundred and sixty-two Deltas 公园巷弥留医院的体力劳动者共是一百六十二个德尔塔, divided into two Bokanovsky Groups of eighty-four red headed female and

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 美丽新世界

A sudden noise of shrill voices made him open his eyes and, after hastily brushing away the tears, look round. 一阵突如其来的尖声吵闹叫他睁开了眼睛,他匆匆擦去眼泪,四面一望。 What seemed an interminable stream of iden

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 美丽新世界

She's my mother, he said in a scarcely audible voice. 她是我的母亲。他用几乎听不见的声音说。 The nurse glanced at him with startled, horrified eyes; then quickly looked away. 一听这词护士用惊讶、恐怖的眼光看了他一眼

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 美丽新世界

Miranda was proclaiming the possibility of loveliness, the possibility of transforming even the nightmare into something fine and noble. 米兰达在宣布获得美好的可能,甚至噩梦也可能变成美好高贵的东西。 O brave new world!

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 美丽新世界

THE DOOR was ajar; they entered. 门半开着,他们俩进来了。 John! 约翰! From the bathroom came an unpleasant and characteristic sound. 一种不愉快的、带他的特性的声音从浴室传来。 Is there anything the matter? Helmhol

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 美丽新世界

In her room on the thirty-seventh floor, Linda had floated in a sea of singing lights and perfumed caressesfloated away, 琳妲在她三十七层楼上的房间里曾经飘浮在一个弥漫着歌声的海里,那儿有光明和麝香的爱抚她飘走

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 美丽新世界