Bernard blushed and looked away. I meant, alone for talking, he mumbled. 伯纳红了脸,望到了别处。我的意思是,单独在一起聊聊。他嘟哝道。 Talking? But what about? Walking and talkingthat seemed a very odd way of spending

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 美丽新世界

It was worse than the old man. So fat. And all the lines in her face, the flabbiness, the wrinkles. And the sagging cheeks, withthose purplish blotches. And the red veins on her nose, the bloodshot eyes. 比刚才那老头子还糟。那么胖,脸上

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 美丽新世界

But why did they want to hurt you, Linda?'' he asked that night. 可她们为什么要伤害你,琳妲?那天晚上他问道。 He was crying, because the red marks of the whip on his back still hurt so terribly. But he was also crying because pe

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(685) / 评论(0) 分类 美丽新世界

He remembered a huge room, rather dark; and there were big wooden things with strings fastened to them, and lots of women standing round themmaking blankets, Linda said. 他记起了一间相当阴暗的房间;里面有些奇怪的木头制品,牵着

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 美丽新世界

He hated Pop more and more. A man can smile and smile and be a villain. 他越来越恨波培了。一个人能够笑呀笑呀却仍然是个恶棍。 Remorseless, treacherous, lecherous, kindless villain. What did the words exactly mean? 一个不肯悔

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 美丽新世界

A fly buzzed round her; he waved it away. 一只苍蝇围着列宁娜嗡嗡地飞;他挥手把它赶走了。 Flies, he remembered, On the white wonder of dear Juliet's hand, may seize And steal immortal blessing from her lips, Who, even in pure an

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(23) / 评论(0) 分类 美丽新世界

Warden's Office, he said to the Gamma-green octoroon. 总监官邸。他对伽玛绿八分之一混血儿说。 At ten fifty-four Bernard was shaking hands with the Warden. 十点五十四分伯纳已经在跟总监握手。 Delighted, Mr. Marx, deli

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 美丽新世界

LENINA felt herself entitled, after this day of queerness and horror, to a complete and absoluteholiday. 有了一天的离奇与恐怖的经历,列宁娜觉得自己有充分的权利享受一个完全的、绝对的假期。 As soon as they got b

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 美丽新世界

John, do you think I might have my clothes? 约翰,你认为我可以穿上衣服吗? He picked up the bell-bottomed trousers, the blouse, the zippicamiknicks. 他抓起了她那灯笼裤、女短衫和拉链内衣裤。 Open! he ordered, kicking

The bell rang, and the Savage, who was impatiently hoping that Helmholtz would come that afternoon, 铃声响了,野蛮人跳了起来,向门边走去他已经等得不耐烦。赫姆霍尔兹原说那天下午来的, for having at last made up h

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 美丽新世界

Henry Foster loomed up through the twilight of the Embryo Store. 亨利福斯特在胚胎仓库的昏暗之中逐渐露出身影。 Like to come to a feely this evening? 今天晚上愿意去看看感官电影吗? Lenina shook her head without spea

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 美丽新世界

The Savage stood for a moment in frozen silence, then fell on his knees beside the bed and, covering his face with his hands, sobbed uncontrollably. 野蛮人呆住了,默默地站了一会儿,然后在床前跪下,双手捂住脸,无法抑制地

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 美丽新世界

She tried to cry outbut no sound came; 她想叫喊却发不出声音。 only the terror of her staring eyes revealed what she was suffering. 只有她那瞪大的眼睛里的恐怖表露出她所受到的折磨。 Her hands went to her throat, then

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 美丽新世界

Don't you know me, Linda? 你不认识我了吗,琳妲? He felt the faint answering pressure of her hand. 他隐约感觉到了她的手在捏紧,作为回答。 The tears started into his eyes. He bent over her and kissed her. Her lips moved. 泪

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 美丽新世界

The Savage had seized him by the collar, lifted him clear over the chair and, with a smart box on the ears, sent him howling away. 野蛮人已抓住他的领子,从椅子边提了起来,漂漂亮亮给了他一巴掌,打得他嚎叫着逃掉了。

THE Park Lane Hospital for the Dying was a sixty-story tower of primrose tiles. 公园巷弥留医院是一幢樱草花色砖瓦修建的六十层楼大厦。 As the Savage stepped out of his taxicopter a convoy of gaily-coloured aerial hearses rose

He's mad, whispered Bernard, staring with wide open eyes. 他疯了,伯纳瞪大了眼睛盯着,悄悄地说, They'll kill him. They'll A great shout suddenly went up from the mob; a wave of movement drove it menacingly towards the Savage. 他们

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 美丽新世界

THE ROOM into which the three were ushered was the Controller's study. 三个人被引进的房间是总统的书房。 His fordship will be down in a moment. The Gamma butler left them to themselves. 总统阁下马上就下来。伽玛仆役长把他

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 美丽新世界

Helmholtz laughed. Then why aren't you on an island yourself? 赫姆霍尔兹笑了。那你现在为什么不是在一个岛上呢? Because, finally, I preferred this, the Controller answered. 因为我最终选择了这儿,总统回答, I was

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(23) / 评论(0) 分类 美丽新世界

Every discovery in pure science is potentially subversive; 纳科学的每一个发现都具有潜在的颠覆性。 even science must sometimes be treated as a possible enemy. Yes, even science. 就连科学有时也得被看做可能的敌人。是的