After a pause, sunk to a whisper, but a whisper, somehow, more penetrating than the loudest cry. 过了一会儿,那声音又降为一种低语继续说着。可那低语却比最高亢的声音还要动人心魂。 The feet of the Greater Being, i

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 美丽新世界

Obediently, with all the others, Lenina and Henry left the building. 列宁娜和亨利跟众人一起规规矩矩离开了大楼。 The depressing stars had travelled quite some way across the heavens. 令人沮丧的星星已经在天顶运行了好大

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 美丽新世界

Oh, Helmholtz, darling, do come and have a picnic supper with us on Exmoor. They clung round him imploringly. 哦,赫姆霍尔兹,亲爱的,晚饭时一定到老荒原来吧,跟我们一起野餐。她们缠住他乞求道。 He shook his hea

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 美丽新世界

Like the vague torsos of fabulous athletes, huge fleshy clouds lolled on the blue air above their heads. 他们头上是巨大蓬松的云朵,有如几个神话力土的模糊的胴体垂在蔚蓝的空中,或是高耸在他们头上。 Out of on

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 美丽新世界

Lenina was shocked by his blasphemy. Bernard! She protested in a voice of amazed distress. How can you? 他这番亵渎的话叫列宁娜大吃了一惊。伯纳!她抗议道,声音恐怖而痛苦。你怎么能够这样讲? In a different key,

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 美丽新世界

Chapter Seven 第七章 The mesa was like a ship becalmed in a strait of lion-coloured dust. 崖顶螈像一艘静静旋泊在狮子黄的海湾边的船。 The channel wound between precipitous banks, and slanting from one wall to the other across t

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 美丽新世界

He liked Bernard; he was grateful to him for being the only man of his acquaintance with whom he could talk about the subjects he felt to be important. 赫姆霍尔兹喜欢伯纳。他感谢他,因为在他所认得的人里,他是唯一可以就他

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 美丽新世界

And flying back in the evening from Stoke Poges. And then a hot bath and vibro-vacuummassage But there. She drew a deep breath, shook her head, opened her eyes again, sniffed once or twice, then blew her nose on her fingers and wiped them on the skir

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 美丽新世界

Bending over him, the old man touched his back with a long white feather, held it up for a moment, crimson, for the people to see then shook it thrice over the snakes. 老头子俯身向他,用一根白色的长羽毛蘸了蘸他的背,举起来让

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 美丽新世界

A great yell went up from the crowd, and all the other dancers ran towards him with out-stretched hands. 人群鸣哇一声大叫起来,其他的舞人全都两手前伸,向他跑去。 He tossed the snakes to the first-comers, then dipped back i

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 美丽新世界

Kothlu opened his hand. A pinch of corn meal lay white on the palm; he breathed on it, murmured a few words, then threw it, a handful of white dust, towards the sun. 科特路张开了手,一把玉米面白森森躺在他手掌里,他对着玉米面

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 美丽新世界

The days passed. Success went fizzily to Bernard's head, and in the process completely reconciled him (as any good intoxicant should do) to a world which, up till then, he had found very unsatisfactory. 日子一天天过去,成功在伯纳的脑袋里

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 美丽新世界

He unfolded a pair of zippicamiknicks, blushed, put them hastily away again; 他打开一件贴身拉链衫,不禁羞红了脸,赶快放到了一边。 but kissed a perfumed acetate handkerchief and wound a scarf round his neck. 但是亲吻了一下

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 美丽新世界

Why? But for you, for you. Just to show that I ... 为什么?为了你,为了你呀。只是为了表示 And what on earth vacuum cleaners have got to do with lions ... 而且除尘器还由爱扑塞隆半白痴使用,她继续说,老实说吧,

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 美丽新世界

An hour later, in the Changing Room, Fanny was energetically protesting. 一小时以后,范尼在更衣室里提出了严重抗议。 But it's absurd to let yourself get into a state like this. Simply absurd, she repeated. And what about? A manone

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 美丽新世界

Obstinately the beautiful memories refused to rise; 美丽的回忆总顽固地拒绝升起, there was only a hateful resurrection of jealousies and uglinesses and miseries. 真正复活了的倒是关于妒忌、丑恶和苦难的可惜的记忆。

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 美丽新世界

With the cautious tenderness of one who strokes a notoriously vicious animal, he patted the Savage's arm. Just let me 他像抚摩着有名的危险动物一样拍了拍他的手臂。你让我先。 Never! cried the Savage. 绝对不行!野蛮人大

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 美丽新世界

Oh, I do want you to be happy, it began, with a yearning earnestness. I do so want you to be good! Please, please be good and 啊,我真希望你们幸福,那声音又开始了,带着真心诚意的渴望,我多么希望你们善良!我求你

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 美丽新世界

ART, SCIENCEyou seem to have paid a fairly high price for your happiness, said the Savage, when they were alone. Anything else? 艺术,科学你好像为你的幸福付出了相当高的代价,只剩下他们俩时,野蛮人说,还付出了别的

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 美丽新世界

What happened? asked Helmholtz Watson. 后来怎么啦?赫姆霍尔兹.华生问。 The Controller sighed. Very nearly what's going to happen to you young men. I was on the point of being sent to an island. 总统叹了一口气。几乎跟你们面临

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 美丽新世界