祝贺 Congratulations ◆ 祝贺你Congratulations on... ◆ 愿你I wish you... ◆ 请允许我举杯祝愿 Allow me to propose a toast to... ◆ 祝您May you... 抱怨 Complaints ◆ 我能和您谈谈吗? May I have a word with you? ◆ 我不想

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 外企白领口语速查手册

What? So when you said 'yes' you meant 'no'?Yes.I see. Right, that's it. 什么?那么,你说是的时候,其实意思是不?是的。我懂了,好吧,那就这样吧。 Anna, I've made it very clear what I think about you and you you jus

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(22) / 评论(0) 分类 职场英文口语

Big vote yesterday of the European country of Italy. Significant changes have been proposed to the country's constitution which dates back to 1948, and voters were given the choice to accept or reject them. Italy's parliament has two chambers, the Se

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN美国有线新闻2016年12月

Armenia is a small landlocked nation between Turkey and Azerbaijan. Its government is officially a parliamentary democracy. But large protests welled up in the countrys capital recently, because the Armenian public believes their former prime ministe

发表于:2018-12-20 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN美国有线新闻2018年4月

Dialogue: 小念君:好久不见呀,S姐,最近在忙什么呀? S小姐:春节以后,我一直在考虑一件事,现在我终于做出决定了:我想辞职。 小念君:啊!辞职啊?为什么呢?你不工作得挺好的吗?

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(21) / 评论(0) 分类 英语PK台

核心句型: You'd better hedge your bets. 你最好给自己留条后路。 hedge one's bets 直译过来就是:用树篱笆围住某人的赌注,在口语中表示努力使自己做到万无一失,避免可能的损失(尤指不只把钱投

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 轻松日记商务职场篇

核心句型: This is a chance once in a blue moon. 这是个千载难逢的机会。 blue moon 在现代天文学意义上指:一个月中的第二次满月,由于月运周期是29.5天,而根据日历,每个月大多数都有至少30天,因

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 轻松日记商务职场篇

核心句型: Whoa, that is a bombshell. 哇,那真是个惊人的消息啊! a bombshell直译过来就是:一个炸弹,一个突发事件,这个短语的正确意思是:令人震惊的人或事或消息。因此,当美国人说Whoa,

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 轻松日记商务职场篇

1. President Barack Obama says the US and world will be forced to ratchet up the pressure if Russia doesn't change its path in Ukraine. The president met with Ukraine's new prime minister as a referendum approaches in Crimea on whether to leave Ukrai

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(82) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2014(三)月

Hong Kong's Chief Executive CY Leung is vowing not to resign. I won't resign because I must carry out the universal suffrage work. In making the statement last night, Leung has defied a deadline set by the so-called Occupy protesters, who have been d

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 2014CRI中国国际广播电台

Three founders of Hong Kong's so-called Occupy movement have announced they will surrender themselves to police later on today. Benny Tai, Chu Yiu-ming and Chan Kin-man are also urging other protesters to leave the Occupy areas. The trio have also re

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 2014CRI中国国际广播电台

Top officials in the Indian state, Maharashtra, are becoming political causalities of last week's terror attack. The 60-hour assault on Mumbai, blamed on Islamic militants, killed an estimated 175 people, including at least 18 foreigners. 印度马哈拉

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2008年12月

The political fallout from the Mumbai terror attack is beginning to take its toll on the administration of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh. As Mr. Singh convened an all-party meeting to discuss security, his home minister submitted his resignation. 孟买

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2008年12月

Thailand's Prime Minister says he will not step aside despite on-going protests but will face a no-confidence debate in parliament in the coming week. The prime minister also denies claims by protestors encamped outside the government's main administ

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2008年6月

Pakistan's President Pervez Musharraf is denying rumors that he is planning to resign following weeks of criticism from his opponents, some of whom have vowed to impeach him. The president pledged to abide by whatever decisions the country's new parl

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(25) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2008年6月

A breaking news here. According to the Saudi state TV, King Abdullah bin Abdulaziz has died in hospital aged in his 90s. King Abdullah was admitted into hospital last year due to lung infection. Ukrainian troops have abandoned their defense of Donets

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 2015CRI中国国际广播电台

今天我们要学的词是conflict of interest。 Conflict of interest, 利益冲突。 Since Wal-Mart is in dispute with the city, the council member sold his Wal-Mart stocks to avoid a conflict of interest, 这名市议员卖掉了跟市政府有争

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

Political commentators here in Britain are describing the resignation of the Welfare Minister Iain Duncan Smith as the most dramatic cabinet departure of David Camerons leadership. Now the recriminations within the governing conservative party contin

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 中英双语新闻

地点:莫妮卡和钱德勒的公寓客厅 人物:乔伊,莫妮卡,钱德勒,罗斯,瑞秋 事件:圣诞节,因为太想念莫妮卡,钱德勒辞掉了工作回到家中。 Joey: Hey, hey! Look at that, it's a Christmas miracle! 乔伊

发表于:2019-02-23 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 英语PK台

JUDY WOODRUFF: Now, for what we know about what is happening inside the White House at this tumultuous moment, and the real-world effect of this upheaval, we turn to two veteran national security reporters. Greg Miller writes for The Washington Post.

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 PBS访谈社会系列