The president of South Africa has resigned. Jacob Zuma made the announcement yesterday in a nationally televised address. He lost support from his political party, the African National Congress, following a series of corruption scandals tied to his g

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN美国有线新闻2018年3月

Our first story is on the resignation of a U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations. Nikki Haley has held that position since January of 2017. She had been nominated by President Donald Trump shortly after he was elected. On Tuesday, Ambassador Haley an

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN美国有线新闻2018年10月

土耳其总理辞职以组建新政府 WASHINGTON Turkish Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoglu has handed his formal resignation to the president after Turkey's ruling party lost its parliamentary majority for the first time in 13 years. The Justice and D

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2015年(十二月)

The chairman and chief executive officer of auto giant General Motors reportedly has agreed to a request by the Obama administration to resign. The news reports come as the White House prepares to announce on Monday whether it will extend more aid to

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(22) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2009年3月

There`s been a shakeup in the Trump administration. Michael Flynn has resigned as White House national security adviser after less than a month on the job. Flynn is a retired lieutenant general with the U.S. Army. As national security adviser, he was

发表于:2018-12-20 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN美国有线新闻2017年2月

CARL AZUZ, CNN 10 ANCHOR: A political crisis in Armenia leads of today's edition of CNN 10. I'm Carl Azuz. Glad to have you watching. Armenia is a small landlocked nation between Turkey and Azerbaijan. Its government is officially a parliamentary dem

发表于:2018-12-20 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN美国有线新闻2018年7月

Today`s first story takes us to South Africa. There have been some big question mark hanging over the nation`s government, primarily what will happen to President Jacob Zuma. The 75-year-old became leader of the parliamentary republic after his polit

发表于:2018-12-20 / 阅读(80) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN美国有线新闻2018年2月

E: I haven't met you at the gym for a long time. B: yeah, I quit my job, and started working from home. Recently I've got a project to deal with and don't have much time to work out. E: why? You have a decent salary, lots of promotion opportunities a

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 和老外聊天地道口语

My coworker suddenly quit so I have to work overtime to pick up the slack. 我的同事突然辞职了,所以我必须加班来接他留下的工作。 slack可表示绳子松脱的部分,pick up the slack本指拉紧绳子松脱的部分,引伸的

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(85) / 评论(0) 分类 蒋健棠英语实用句子

Quarrel 争吵 选自电影:American Beauty《美国丽人》 ■ 莱斯特因为受不了上司的欺压,愤然辞职。然而回到家中,却得不到妻子的体谅。于是一场餐桌战越演越烈,油盐酱醋,什么挖苦讽刺都在这段对话中,听来有盐有味,很丰富。 单词通缉令 1.blackmail vt.勒索 2.aspar

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 好莱坞电影口语模仿秀

以下段落是摘自新闻里的一些重要信息,并不是一个段落的听写。空内信息可在本新闻中全部找到,大家可以根据这些信息复述新闻。 一、泛听建议: 1、完整听一遍,掌握大意。 2、继续听,特

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 NPR边听边练

Democrats and Republicans had very different takes Wednesday following the sudden resignation of Attorney General Jeff Sessions. The former U.S. Senator from Alabama was an early supporter of President Trump and as Attorney General, Sessions worked t

发表于:2019-01-04 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN美国有线新闻2018年11月

今天我们要学的词是turmoil。 Turmoil, 是动荡、混乱的意思。 美国财政部长保尔森说,The global economy is strong despite recent market turmoil, 意思是虽然最近市场出现了混乱,但全球经济依旧强劲。 日本

发表于:2019-01-09 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

UN Syria Envoy Brahimi to Resign 联合国叙利亚问题特使赫达尔卜拉希米辞职 WASHINGTON The United Nations and Arab League mediator on the conflict in Syria, Lakhdar Brahimi, plans to resign his post after a nearly two-year effort that

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2014年(五月)

The director of the CDC, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control, resigned from her job on Wednesday. Dr. Brenda Fitzgerald, an obstetrician/gynecologist from Georgia, had served as head of the CDC since she was appointed last July. But about a month af

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN美国有线新闻2018年2月

So how is your work? Good. How about you? I'm going to resign. A few of the new staff have already left. Obviously a lot of similar jobs pay much better salaries. But your company is huge. Cann't they afford to pay the staff decent wages? We have a p

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语900句

今天我们要学的词是fuel。 Fuel, 做为动词,有刺激的意思。The basketball player put his house up for sale, fueling speculation that he is being traded, 这个篮球队员正在卖房子,大家因此猜测,他可能要被球队换

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

Britain Votes to Leave EU, Cameron to Resign 英国脱欧公投成功 卡梅伦辞职 Britains decision to leave the European Union prompted Prime Minister David Cameron to resign and markets to fall around the world. 英国宣布脱离欧盟促使卡梅

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(七)月

Fidel Castro has retired as Cuba's president, ending his 49-year rule of the Caribbean nation. After taking power in a coup in 1959, Mr. Castro built a Communist government that survived a U.S.-backed invasion, a Cold War-era missile crisis and more

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2008年2月

Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert presented his resignation letter to President Shimon Peres at the president's official residence in Jerusalem Sunday. Olmert faces corruption allegations and is likely to be replaced by Foreign Minister Tzipi Livni,

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(21) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2008年9月