Last Evening wrought me up, and I cannot forbear sending you the following -Yours unfeignedly John Keats-

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 远古的回响

Well, Mr. Smith, if you prefer a different type of nose, we have a large selection available. I think this nose is a bit too small. Small noses are very fashionable this year, Mr. Smith, very fashionable. Do you think it suits me? asked Mr. Smith. I

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英文故事与诗歌

[00:05.32]parking:n.停车;a.停车的 [00:07.10]partial:a.部分的,局部的;不公平的,偏爱的 [00:08.90]pepper:n.胡椒,胡椒粉 [00:10.62]personally:ad.亲自;就本人而言;作为个人;针对个人地 [00:12.63]physician:

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 开动右脑记单词--四级

ProgressThe city's heat is like a leaden pall Its lowered lamps glow in the midnight air Like mammoth orange-moths that flit and flare Through the dark tapestry of night. The tall Black houses crush the creeping beggars down, Who walk beneath and thi

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英文故事与诗歌

The Tay Bridge DisasterBeautiful Railway Bridge of the Silv'ry Tay! Alas! I am very sorry to say That ninety lives have been taken away On the last Sabbath day of 1879, Which will be remember'd for a very long time. 'Twas about seven o'clock at night

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英文故事与诗歌

Address to the HaggisBy Robert Burns (Translation into standard English) Fair is your honest happy face Great chieftain of the pudding race Above them all you take your place Stomach, tripe or guts Well are you worthy of a grace As long as my arm The

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英文故事与诗歌

The Polar Bear's Dinner by Chris Rose So, Im a polar bear, right? Got that? A polar bear. Not one of those brown bears that live in forests and on mountains. One of those big white ones, you know, surely. Where do I live? On an iceberg of course, not

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(91) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英文故事与诗歌

Nikos was an ordinary man. Nothing particularly good ever happened to him, nothing particularly bad ever happened to him. He went through life accepting the mixture of good things and bad things that happen to everyone. He never looked for any explan

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(103) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英文故事与诗歌

如果我有一个女儿,而不是妈妈,她会叫我B点(Point B)...这是口语诗人萨拉凯的演讲开头,这一谈话赢得了TED2011大会上两次起立喝彩。她讲了她从一个沉浸在纽约鲍威利诗社里并有双大眼睛

发表于:2019-01-05 / 阅读(131) / 评论(0) 分类 TED公开课:告女性说

Books and Arts; Book Review;William Carlos Williams, American poet;On the outside looking in; 文艺;书评;威廉卡洛斯威廉姆斯,美国诗人;局外旁观; Something Urgent I Have to Say to You: The Life and Works of William Carlos W

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人文艺系列

Reggie Watts这次是来唱反调的。把逻辑思维都丢到一边,来看看他混搭了诗歌和不同音乐风格的精彩演出吧 。

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(128) / 评论(0) 分类 TED公开课:会心一笑

If Rudyard Kipling 如果 拉迪亚德吉卜林 IF you can keep your head when all about you Are losing theirs and blaming it on you; 如果周围的人毫无理性地向你发难,你仍能镇定自若保持冷静; IF you can trust yourself when

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

Facing the Sea With Spring BlossomsHaiZi 面朝大海,春暖花开海子 From tomorrow on,I will be a happy man. 从明天起,做一个幸福的人 Grooming,chopping and traveling all over the world. 喂马,劈柴,周游世界 From tomorrow o

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

One Inch Tall If you were only one inch tall , you'd ride a worm to school. The teardrop of a crying and would be your swimming pool. A crumb of cake would be a feast And last you seven days at least , A flea would be a frightening beast If you were

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

It doesnt interest me what you do for a living. I want to know what you ache for, and if you dare to dream of meeting your hearts longing. 你以什么谋生我不感兴趣。我想知道的是你因什么而痛苦,想知道你是否敢于去梦想满

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(289) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Look not in my eyes, for fear They mirror true the sight I see, And there you find your face too clear And love it and be lost like me, One the long nights through must lie Spent in star-defeated sighs, But why should you as well as I Perish? gaze no

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

One More Day Last night I had a crazy dream A wish was granted just for me It could be for anything I didnt ask for money Or a mansion in Malibu I simply wished, for one more day with you One more day One more time One more sunset, Baby, Id be

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Saying Good-bye to Cambridge Again --by Xu Zhimo 再别康桥 徐志摩 Very quietly I take my leave As quietly as I came here; Quietly I wave good-bye To the rosy clouds in the western sky. The golden willows by the riverside Are young brides in the

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Let others lead small lives,but not you. 让别人去过渺小的生活,而不是你。 Let others worry about small problems, but not you. 让别人去担心小问题,而不是你。 Let others argue over small things, but not you. 让别人去为

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

再别康桥徐志摩 Goodbye Again, Cambridge 轻轻的我走了, 正如我轻轻的来; 我轻轻的招手, 作别西天的云彩。 I leave softly, gently, Exactly as I came. I wave to the western sky, Telling it goodbye softly, gently. 那河

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文