The interesting most boring man in the world By Chris Rose People often said that Thierry Boyle was the most boring man in the world. Thierry didnt know why people thought he was so boring. Thierry thought he was quite interesting. After all, he coll

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英文故事与诗歌

A Visitor to The Starby Chris RoseAnna Winter pulled on her Gucci sunglasses and sprayed herself with the extra-strength mosquito repellent she had bought in the airport. That was the biggest problem about her work, she thought. Mosquitoes and things

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英文故事与诗歌

The Birth of a Starby Chris Rose June 5th 2006 Henry looks carefully into the telescope which lets him see far, far away, as far away as the distant nebulae on the far edges of the Milky Way. Henry is an astronomer. He looks at the sky, and at stars

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英文故事与诗歌

I Wandered Lonely as a Cloudby William WordsworthI wandered lonely as a cloud That floats on high o'er vales and hills, When all at once I saw a crowd, A host, of golden daffodils; Beside the lake, beneath the trees, Fluttering and dancing in the bre

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英文故事与诗歌

Deep in the middle of the woods, said my mother, is the place where the King of the Pumpkins lives. But pumpkins live in fields, not in forests, I said to my mother. She wouldnt listen to me. Im telling you, she said, the King of the Pumpkins lives i

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英文故事与诗歌

Two peas in a podby Chris RoseThey even dressed us the same. My mother said that it was easier for her just to buy two of everything. Sometimes it was the same clothes but in different colours a red top for me, and a yellow one for my sister, for exa

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英文故事与诗歌

The Einstein and the Eddingtonby Dr. W. H. WilliamsThe sun was setting on the links, The moon looked down serene, The caddies all had gone to bed, But still there could be seen Two players lingering by the trap That guards the thirteenth green. The E

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英文故事与诗歌

Starshine and Non-Beingby Chuang-TzuStarshine asked Non-Being, Master, do you exist? Or do you not exist? Since he received no answer at all, Starshine set himself to watch for Non-Being. He waited to see if Non-Being would appear. He kept his eyes f

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英文故事与诗歌

A Wall in Naplesby Andrew MotionI have forgotten whatever it was I wanted to say. Also the way I wanted to say it. Form and Music. Perhaps it had something to do with - no, that's not it. More likely, I should just look at whatever there is and fix m

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英文故事与诗歌

English LessonBy Robert SeatterRoberto is playful and wants to talk about sex in cars and gear sticks. We lose ourselves in body parts: engine, carburettor, vroom, vroom. Carla likes cooking, the gnocchi her grandmother taught her how to make - a who

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英文故事与诗歌

Quotes about the United KingdomFirst set of quotes UAE - When young people say about the British that he's unpleasant or old, it is an impression we have from the time when Great Britain was a great power together with Portugal. ITALY - I particularl

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英文故事与诗歌

On Chloris being illby Robert BurnsChorusLong, long the night, Heavy comes the morrow While my souls delight Is on her bed of sorrow. Can I cease to care? Can I cease to languish, While my darling Fair Is on the couch of anguish? Chorus Evry hope is

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英文故事与诗歌

The StonecutterOnce upon a time there was a stone cutter. The stone cutter lived in a land where a life of privilege meant being powerful. Looking at his life he decided that he was unsatisfied with the way things were and so he set out to become the

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英文故事与诗歌

O you shaggy-headed banyan tree standing on the bank of the pond, have you forgotten the little child, like the birds that have nested in your branches and left you? Do you not remember how he sat at the window and wondered at the tangle of your root

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英文故事与诗歌

The Flatulence Taxby John O'Neill A flatulence tax on cattle and sheep, Another rip-off to make us all weep. Preserving the ozone at any expense, It's all propaganda that doesn't make sense. Abandon the flock and abolish the herd, When it comes to su

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英文故事与诗歌

The Flatulence Taxby John O'Neill A flatulence tax on cattle and sheep, Another rip-off to make us all weep. Preserving the ozone at any expense, It's all propaganda that doesn't make sense. Abandon the flock and abolish the herd, When it comes to su

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(102) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英文故事与诗歌

Albertos New Neighboursby Chris RoseAlberto took one look at his new neighbours and knew that his life was going to get more difficult. He watched them arrive in their big, noisy car and watched them get out. There they were, two of them, as big and

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(104) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英文故事与诗歌

Elephants, Bananas and Aunty Ethelby Chris RoseSo, I was walking along the street, on my way to work, as usual, but for some reason I was in a hurry. I wasnt really sure why I was in a hurry. And then I realised that I was holding a banana in my hand

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(115) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英文故事与诗歌

The Tay Bridge Disaster Beautiful Railway Bridge of the Silv'ry Tay! Alas! I am very sorry to say That ninety lives have been taken away On the last Sabbath day of 1879, Which will be remember'd for a very long time. 'Twas about seven o'clock at nigh

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(99) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英文故事与诗歌

The interesting most boring man in the world By Chris Rose People often said that Thierry Boyle was the most boring man in the world. Thierry didnt know why people thought he was so boring. Thierry thought he was quite interesting. After all, he coll

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(103) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英文故事与诗歌