CARL AZUZ, CNN 10 ANCHOR: An unexpected announcement yesterday afternoon from Washington, D.C. U.S. President Donald Trump fired James Comey, the director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation. It's very unusual for a president to fire the head of t

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN美国有线新闻2017年6月

以下段落是摘自新闻里的一些重要信息,并不是一个段落的听写。空内信息可在本新闻中全部找到,大家可以根据这些信息复述新闻。 一、泛听建议: 1、完整听一遍,掌握大意。 2、继续听,特

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 NPR边听边练

Another messy breakup for the cable news bad boy Keith Olbermann, the anchorman both loved and loathed for his on and off era that he has just been canned, and this time its a former vice president of the United States of America who gave him the boo

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 访谈录2012年

The Federal Government is denying it's doing a trade-off for the US government on asylum seekers. Australia has agreed to take three Guantanamo Bay detainees from the US. The ABC has been told the move is related to the US government's decision to ac

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 澳洲ABC新闻快递2010年

AS IT IS 2016-06-21 Donald Trump's Campaign Manager Dismissed 唐纳德特朗普解雇竞选经理 Donald Trump's campaign manager, Corey Lewandowski, is leaving. The campaign did not say why Lewandowski was dismissed, but the Associated Press report

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(六)月

今天要讲的三个习惯用语里都有下面这个词:stick。Stick这个词有不少解释。作为名词的时候它可以解释成为一根细长的木棍,但是在用作动词的时候,它和不同的词搭配就有不同的解释。例如

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 美国习惯用语

部门经理Paul Chen和他的上司Sue Krammer要开除一名雇员。 P: Sue, I really need your help with this one. S: Oh? What's the problem? P: I've been asked to fire Tom Smith. S: Oh...yeah...firing someone is hard. I've had to do it many time

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

Tom Smith被叫到部门经理Paul Chen的办公室。 Tom: Good morning, Paul. How are you? P: I'm well, thanks. Take a seat. This is Sue Krammer from the head office. T: Hi, Sue. S: Hi. P: Tom, there's no easy way to say this so I'm just going to s

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

Topic 1-Massive layoff in the Internet industry Word on the street says the Internet Industry is seeing massive layoffs. It is not uncommon to hear news of internet and technology companies trimming workforce, followed by the company's spokesperson c

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 英语角-圆桌会议

1. Malaysia Airlines says the plan that went down in eastern Ukraine had 280 passengers and 15 crew members aboard. Separatist rebels are denying they shot the plane down. Ukraines President says his countrys armed forces didnt shoot at any airborne

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(89) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2014(七)月

Lesson 13 Hit 1.Your remarks hit home. 2.Late!It's time to hit the road. 3.He always hits the nail on the head. 4.We hit it off with each other. 5.The song's a big hit. 6.Never hit one when he's down. 7.Go and hit the sack now. 8.You hit the high spo

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 辛沛沛NO-BOOK 辛沛沛口语提高版

留学申请信(Application for Admittance) 留学和奖学金申请信中须写明下列几点: (1)写明申请学校和所学专业。 (2)提供申请人的个人资历。 (3)索取申请学校相关

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(113) / 评论(0) 分类 考研英语

She is a maid for a rich family. She does a lot of things. She does the laundry. She washes the windows. She cooks meals. She cleans the tables. She wipes the floors. She does not like cleaning. However, she likes taking care of the children. She rea

发表于:2019-01-24 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英语第2级听力-English Level 2

我们学习过许多英语的习惯用法。有些听众可能发现,越是生活中经常发生的事情,表达或者反映这些事情的习惯用法就越多。失业在现代社会里可以说是司空见惯,所以英语里表达失业的用

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(103) / 评论(0) 分类 美国习惯用语

今天我们要学的词是dismissal。Dismissal, 解雇。不久前雅虎公司的首席执行官,女强人卡罗尔.巴茨被解雇。 Yahoo's stock jumped more than 5% after Carol Bartz's dismissal, 雅虎公司首席执行官卡罗尔.巴茨被

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

上次我们已经讲了两个由paper这个词发展而来的习惯用语,今天我们继续讲两个。千百年来人们书面交流必须依靠纸张。不论是报章杂志还是书籍文件用的都是纸。纸的功劳不可抹煞,然而近年

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 美国习惯用语

今天我们要学的词是decline。 Decline, 拒绝。 The company declined to offer any specifics about its layoff plan, 这家公司拒绝透露裁员计划的有关细节。 The source declined to be identified because of the sensitive nature of

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

地点:莫妮卡和钱德勒的公寓客厅 人物:乔伊,莫妮卡,钱德勒,罗斯,瑞秋 事件:圣诞节,因为太想念莫妮卡,钱德勒辞掉了工作回到家中。 Joey: Hey, hey! Look at that, it's a Christmas miracle! 乔伊

发表于:2019-02-23 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 英语PK台

Neil: Hello, this is Real English from BBC Learning English, Im Neil. Helen: 大家好,我是Helen,欢迎收听地道英语。 Neil: In Real English, we look at words and phrases that you might not find in your dictionary. Helen: 英语是在现实

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(86) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力精选进阶版

Subject:Bite your tongue. 迷你对话 A: The boss will criticize me openly in tomorrows conference. 老板在明天的会议上公开批评我。 B: Bite your tongue if the boss say something you do not like during the meeting, or you get fired. 如

发表于:2019-03-05 / 阅读(82) / 评论(0) 分类 迷你对话学地道口语