Lesson 5 1.be fired 被解雇 2.editor 编辑 3.extreme 极端 4.fax 传真 5.fire 解雇 6.go to press (杂志、报纸等)要付印 7.impatient 不耐烦的 8.journalist 记者 9.lead to 通往 10.originally 起初,原先,从前 11.palace 王宫

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(155) / 评论(0) 分类 新概念英语第三册单词MP3

迷你对话: A:Marywas booted out of the jobby the departement store last week. 上个星期Mary被百货公司当场解雇了。 B:What for? 为什么? A:She was rude to a customer ans was caught by the manager on the spot. 她对一个顾客粗鲁

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 迷你对话学地道口语

rough a.表面粗糙的;粗野的;大致的 ad.粗暴地 round a.圆的 prep.围着 ad.在周围 v.使成圆形 rouse vt.唤醒,惊醒;激发起 route n.路线;航程 routine a.例行的;平淡的 n.例行公事 row n.(一)排 v.划(船)

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(98) / 评论(0) 分类 大学英语四级词汇拼读版

Bezos believed in the benefits of communication with customers and listened to and used their ideas for expansion.via the Web site Amazon customers were encouraged to recommend their favorite books and products through reviews, and many compiled list

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 华尔街的赚钱经

学习英汉翻译也不短的时间了,但是要真正翻译一篇文章时还是不知道该如何处理?恩恩,我想不少英语学习者在翻译实践的过程中还是会遇到类似的问题,那么你真的了解了英汉之间的差异

发表于:2019-01-09 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

Paul和Sara夫妇俩人跟老朋友Jesse和Miika 一起吃饭,Jesse刚失业,打算回去完成硕士学位。 P: But that's gonna take you at least two years to finish! J: Actually, I can do it in 10 months by online correspondence course. M: Yo

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 商务礼节美语

Paul和Sara夫妇俩跟老朋友Jesse和Miika一起吃饭。 P: It's so good to see you guys! It's been forever! M: We should try to set a monthly dinner date...we've missed you! S: So what's new? J: Tracy just turned four. She's growing ridiculously

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 商务礼节美语

I just heard that seven people are going to be laid off next month. (我刚听到公司下个月要裁七位员工。)公司要裁员的讲法有许多种, 其中最常见的不外是 layoff 这个字 (如果分开来写: lay off 是动词, 但合起

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

外企上班族常用的英语对话 上班的空闲时你都讲什么?给你一些简洁又好用的句子哦! 1. In the middle of something? 正在忙吗? 很多人都会说Are you busy?。其实老美也常用 In the middle of something?。但这

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

After being with her all evening, the man couldn't take another minute with his blind date. Earlier, he had secretly arranged to have a friend call him to the phone so he would have an excuse to leave if something like this happened. When he returned

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(89) / 评论(0) 分类 趣味英语

这两天,各国媒体都在热炒克林顿女儿大婚的消息。我们知道在英文里结婚的说法有很多,其中就有walk down the aisle这个短语。今天,我们就由此举一反三,来说说关于walk的四个短语。 1. To w

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语

SAO PAULO, Feb. 12 (Xinhua) -- Former world No. 1 Rafael Nadal has revealed the Rio 2016 Olympic Games has provided him with motivation to continue his career beyond the age of 30. The 11-time grand slam winner is competing in both the singles and do

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(22) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Former world number-one golfer Tiger Woods of the United States is back in competition after an 11-week break to heal injuries to his left leg. Woods teed it up Thursday at the WGC Bridgestone Invitational in Akron, Ohio, and finished his first round

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

A: I'm wondering if I'll get fired. B: Forget it buddy. No one can sack you. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- A: I should have made a better excuse that time. I'm afraid the boss is still mad at me. B:

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

Excuse me.Hmm, he sounded odd.What did he mean?Probably run out of biscuits!He's obviously got something on his mind. 先走了。他听起来很奇怪。他是什么意思?可能是饼干吃完了!他显然是有心事。 Denise, could I have a

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 职场英文口语

病假 sick leave; sickness pay; sick pay 带薪休假 paid leave 销假 return to work; back to work 病休表 sickness absence form 员工近亲过世请的假 Bereavement leave; compassionate leave 通常是在员工近亲属去世的时候请的假

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

Job Interview Answer: Why Were You Fired? 工作面试回答:为什么你会被解雇? Best Answers to Why You Were Fired回答你为什么会被解雇的最佳答案Fired from your job? Don't know what to say in an interview? Career expert and autho

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Is unemployment benefit a good thing after all? 失业救济不是坏事 To most thoughtful people, unemployment benefit embodies a painful trade-off. It's the mark of a civilised society, clubbing together to provide assistance to those in need. It

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(84) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

我们已经讲过了推荐信的写作模式,下面是一封副总裁为被裁员的员工写的推荐信。信中副总裁说明了该员工被裁员并非员工本身的原因,而是因为公司业务的调整,并且肯定了员工的个人能

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 求职英语

At an executive session of the board in June, with Amelio out of the room, 在6月的一次董事会上,阿梅里奥不在场时, Woolard described to current directors how he calculated their odds. 伍拉德对当时的董事讲述了他对形势的

发表于:2019-02-22 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 乔布斯传