R: how was your day? J: lets start with you. How was yours? R: it was really busy. I had to work straight through my lunch break. J: did you get to leave early then? R: my boss told me that I could either go home early or take a long lunch break anot

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(114) / 评论(0) 分类 生活英语情景口语

fire,在口语中有解雇,开除的意思。 He got fired yesterday.他昨天被炒鱿鱼了。 His boss fired him yesterday.昨天他的老板炒了他鱿鱼。 fire做名词是火和火灾等意思,例如: A forest fire made many people homeless.一场森林大火使许多人无家可归。 fire还可表示热

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(92) / 评论(0) 分类 蒋健棠一词多意

下岗再就业 【内容提要】: 1)Heslaid-off!他下岗了! Belaid-off=befired=getdismissed.被解雇 -Youaretheboss!Iwilllistentoyou! Ifyousay-evenyouaretheboss,youshouldnttalktomelikethat! -Ok,Iwillnottalktoyoulikethatagain.Youarefired! Andy的格言: ForAndy,ther

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(85) / 评论(0) 分类 笨小孩学口语

迷你对话: A:Finding an excuse is obviously down your alley. And trying to avoid taking care of the children is what you are good at. 你最擅长的就是找借口。不去照顾孩子也是你的专利。 B:Listen, Nancy. If I don't work hard,

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 迷你对话学地道口语

Dialogue 2 (Mr. Gao 〈Xiao Gao〉 is about to receive notice from his employer, Mrs. Jing) (京小姐正准备向高先生〈小高〉提出解雇通知) Jingjing: We need to talk, please come by my office after your shift. 京晶:高先生,我

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(16) / 评论(0) 分类 英语PK台

Task3: Layoffs can be predicted. Script In some cases companies inform their employees in advance that layoffs are coming. In other cases, they come without warning: You arrive on time for work on a Friday, but you are told not to come next week. Ouc

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 新视野大学英语:视听说教程 4

71. I always wanted to wear this uniform. 我一直想穿这套制服. 也可以改用现在完成式,而说 I've always/long wanted to... Wearing an Italian Tomato's uniform has been my long-cherishe

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 英文名句短语

It's time for your NOW IN THE NEWS update, I'm Reggie Aqui, thanks for checking in. President Obama will sign the much debated economic stimulus bill into law in Denver. The president says his plan will create or save some 3.5 million jobs over the

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(86) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN2009年(二)月

where-is-the-beef turkey farm 自从电视普及以来,人们往往会把一些电视广告里特别吸引人的词句用到日常生活中去。几年前在美国,有一个快餐店在电视上做广

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(83) / 评论(0) 分类 美国习惯用语

今天我们要给大家介绍的两个习惯用语都是以hook这个字为主的。Hook就是一个钩子。一百年以前,电影和电视还没有成为美国人生活的一个重要部份。然而

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(133) / 评论(0) 分类 美国习惯用语

Could I have a word Anna, in my office? 安娜,我们来办公室谈谈好吗? Hello again. I wonder what Paul wants to say to Anna? 又见面了。我想知道保罗会和安娜说什么? Could it have something to do with Rachel, the pen thie

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 职场英文口语

BBC news with David Austin. Russia has launched a major operation in Syria using the flotilla of ships it has deployed off the Syrian coast. It said it had targeted IS and Al Qaeda-linked rebels in the provinces of Idlib and Homs. Meanwhile, the Syri

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(275) / 评论(0) 分类 中英双语新闻

今天我们要学的词是layoff。 Layoff, 是解雇的意思。IBM recently cut 195 jobs across the U.S. in a company-wide layoff, IBM公司最近在全美各地裁员195人。最新统计数字显示,Planned U.S. layoffs fell 12 percent in Octo

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

今天我们要学的词是layoff。 Layoff, 裁员。美国劳工部公布的数字显示,The number of mass layoffs by U.S. employers rose last month to tie a record set in March, 美国雇主大规模裁员,上个月被裁减人数增加到跟三

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

claims 要求 strike 罢工 striker 罢工者 go-slow 怠工(美作:slow-down) lockout 停工(业主为抵制工人的要求而停工) staggered strike 阶段性罢工 strike picket 罢工纠察队员

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 考研英语

Wells Fargo is paying up and laying off thousands of workers after it reached an agreement to settle allegations that, for years, its employees extracted millions in fees by regularly opening new accounts for customers without their knowledge, accord

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

to be canned to kiss up to 今天Michael 和李华下了班以后就去逛街。他们边走边聊,李华会学到两个常用 语:to be canned 和to kiss up to。 M: Man, it was crazy at work tod

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 美国之音《流行美语》

5. It is a pity that you will withdraw from our exhibition next month. 很遗憾你下月就要离职了。 还能这样说: It's pity that you will quit your job next month. I am sorry that you will depart from our exhibition next month. 应用解析

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(24) / 评论(0) 分类 情景会话口袋书人际篇

9. I will notify all the applicants to come for an interview tomorrow. 我将通知所有的人选明天来面试。 还能这样说: I will inform all the applicants to attend the interview tomorrow. All applicants are noticed to come for an inter

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 情景会话口袋书人际篇

Its a situation nobody likes to face. But there is always the possibility for any company employee to be confronted with the harsh reality of being fired. 这是一种所有人都不愿面对的状况。但任何一家公司的职员都可能遇上被解

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 中英双语新闻