今天要学一个短句:The jury is still out。 The jury is still out不是指陪审团还在外面玩,而是指一个问题还没有结论。美国前国务卿Baker在他的回忆录中说,如果美国攻打伊拉克能使这个国家获得自

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 英语每日一词

So you were fired from your last job, and you're fretting about how to address it in your interview . In fact, given the job market slump and companies tightening their money belts, it's quite understandable to be unemployed. If you have the right at

发表于:2018-12-12 / 阅读(89) / 评论(0) 分类 面试英语

21. I was unaware of the critical points involved, so my choice was quite_______. A. arbitrary B. rational C. serene D. unpredictable arbitrary arbitrary 主观的,武断的 empiric 主观的,凭经

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(138) / 评论(0) 分类 新东方赵丽词汇课堂

本单元是关于Tim 反击的对话 Tim: I won't do it! You swapped the real watches for the fake ones and now you're trying to wriggle out of it. Boss: Tim, you're making some very serious allegations. Do you actually have any hard evidence? Tim: Well, I

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 公寓伙伴

Bob, I'm letting you go. 你得走了。 Bob: Pardon? 什么? I asked you over a dozen times to get Frank to do Oprah, 我无数次让你去请 Frank 上 Oprah 的节目。 And you didn't do it. 你办到了吗。 You're fired. 你被炒了。 I ha

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 影视剧中的职场美语

Part 2 Conversations 第二部分 会话练习 At a grocery store 在杂货店买水果 在杂货店买水果 Amy: Excuse me, do you sell apples? 艾米:请问,你们卖苹果吗? Store sales: Yes. They are over there. 店员:有,苹果在那

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 实境旅游英语

A: How do I know what forms to fill out for unemployment? B: There is a special form to apply for unemployment benefits. A: How do I get the form to apply for unemployment benefits? B: You can go online to begin the application process. A: What type

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 失业英语对话

1 goose bumps 每当我们觉得身上发冷或者发麻的时候,皮肤上就会起一层鸡皮疙瘩。英语里鸡皮疙瘩叫: goose bumps。Goose就是鹅,bumps就是疙瘩。至于为什么中国人说鸡皮疙瘩,而美国人却说鹅皮

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

今天我们要学的词是leak。 Leak是泄漏消息的意思。The contents of the report were leaked to the media, 是说报告内容被泄漏给了媒体。公司裁员的消息不知被什么人走漏了风声,the plans for the layoff have so

发表于:2019-01-25 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 英语每日一词

核心句型: I will back you up all the way. 我会一直支持你。 back sb. up 直译过来就是:用背扛起某人,很容易联想到这个短语的正确意思:支持某人。因此,当美国人说I will back you up all the way.时,他

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(119) / 评论(0) 分类 轻松日记商务职场篇

I've got one question. 我有个问题 Why am I being fired? 我为什么被解雇了 Ms. Smoke, isn't it? Yes. 你是斯莫克小姐,对吗,是我 And I am without a doubt 我毫无疑问是 the single most valuable member of your technical divi

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 绿箭侠第一季

I know only too well (我知道得很清楚。) 用only too来强调know,表示知道得非常彻底。only too表示非常,很的意思,但在语气上比only too程度强,又表示太过了

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(25) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

一次珠宝店抢劫中克拉克为了阻止歹徒使用热力线意外遭到陨石反弹从而失去了视力然而出人意料却开发了一项新能力--超级听力 克洛伊父亲被路瑟集团解雇而克拉克这时却迁怒与克洛伊与莱诺对调查克洛伊感觉十分委屈 抢劫犯为了救出同伙绑架了Pete威胁Ross法官克拉克父母帮

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 超人前传

双胞胎两部曲(一) 本集简介: 钱德和乔伊碰到了菲比的孪生姐姐乌苏拉;乔伊和她约会,这可惹恼了和姐姐关系僵持的菲比。 罗斯和卡萝及苏珊一起参加助产课程;卡萝对分娩心怀恐惧;罗

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 老友记(六人行)

SAN FRANCISCO, Nov. 3 (Xinhua) -- Computer chipmaker Advanced Micro Devices Inc. (AMD) on Thursday said it plans to cut its global workforce by about 10 percent in a move to reduce operational costs. The layoff will occur across all functions globall

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(83) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

职业场景 办公室场景 办公室常见人物: boss 老板 secretary 秘书 front desk 前台 employee雇员 employer 雇主 interview 面试转载自:考试大 - [233.com] interviewer 面试官 interviewee面试者 department 部门 head of d

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 大学四六级阅读

Subject : Every company has a turkey farm. 第一,迷你对话 A: Why doesnt the boss fire her? She is so lazy. 为什么老板不解雇她呢?她太懒惰了。 B: Every company has a turkey farm. 每个公司都有低能但有不能解雇的人。

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 迷你对话学地道口语

今天我们要学的词是decline。 Decline, 拒绝。 The company declined to offer any specifics about its layoff plan, 这家公司拒绝透露裁员计划的有关细节。 The source declined to be identified because of the sensitive nature of

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 英语每日一词

I'm looking for Max, I think her last name is Black. 我找麦克斯,她的姓好像是布莱克 Oh, sorry, maybe it's African American? 无意冒犯,也可能是叫非裔美籍 You think her name is Max African American? 你说她的名字是麦克

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 打工姐妹花第一季

And now we get a Democratic perspective. We're joined on the telephone by Congressman Eric Swalwell of California. He serves on the House Intelligence Committee. Congressman Swalwell, your reaction to the news that President Trump has fired the direc

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 PBS访谈社会系列