15An Old Love GLOSSARY an item a romantic couple; a romantic pair* When Paul and Emily became an item, all of the other high school students knew about it immediately. old flame someone with whom one used to have a romantic relationship; anex-boyfrie

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年ESL之就医和人际交往

1. Q: What does the woman imply? A. She has to post a letter instead. B. She has to turn down the man's request. C. She's not sure if the computer is fixed. D. She can't send the message right now. 2. Q: What does the man mean? A. He didn't get the b

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 英语四级听力-短对话

1. The expression better late than never means: a) it isn't worth doing something if it is late b) doing something late is better than not doing it at all 2. In which of these situations could you say better late than never? a) the post brings a bir

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(104) / 评论(0) 分类 语言小点心

This is Whats Trending Today. Earthquakes are not uncommon in southern California. Citizens there know how to react and respond if the ground starts shaking. On Wednesday night, many of them received an email from the U.S. Geological Survey that warn

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年VOA慢速英语(六)月

One day last fall, my colleague Miguel Morales received an email with a sign-off that was so strange, it has stuck in his mind for the last year. It came from Melissa Geisler, who works in digital sports programming and production at Yahoo. Below Gei

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 求职英语

Ann. 陈豪去年大学毕业以后,就到北京的美国ABC公司工作。今天他去出席了一个午餐会以后回到公司,还没有走进自己的办公室,就被同事Mary叫住了。 (Office ambience) M: Hey, Chao Hao, I need to talk

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

A few years ago, I got one of those spam emails. And it managed to get through my spam filter. I'm not quite sure how, but it turned up in my inbox, and it was from a guy called Solomon Odonkoh. I know. It went like this: it said, Hello James Veitch,

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语言学习

Task3: An office boy or a billionaire? A jobless man applied for the position of office boy at Microsoft. The human resource manger interviewed him, and gave him a test: clean the floor. You are engaged, he said, give me your email address, and Ill s

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 新视野大学英语:视听说教程 3

By Adam Freedman Todays topic: Spam But first, your daily dose of legalese: This podcast does not create an attorney-client relationship with any listener. In other words, although I am a lawyer, Im not your lawyer. In fact, we barely know each other

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 法律英语 Legal Lad

回电话(2) Mr Young:Sales,David Young speaking.How can I help you? 销售部,David Young 。您找谁? Mr.Jones:Yes,this is Mike Jones.Is Leo in? 请问 Leo在吗? Mr Young:You are in luck! He just got back. Hang on; I'll transfer you . 您

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(95) / 评论(0) 分类 新东方商务口语

EQC sent an email by mistake to the wrong person. The email contained private information about 83,000 earthquake damage claims. While it did not have names, it gave addresses and information about the damage at that address and the amount of money i

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 新西兰英语

随着电脑走进千家万户,一张无形的巨网也悄然织起。这就是Internet(因特网,国际互联网)。一旦连接了Internet,信息传递就成为一件非常轻松惬意的事情。在网上最常使用的服务就是E-ma

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 英语作文

This morning on our continuing series, On the Couch with Dr. Gail Saltz, our Today contributor and psychiatrist helps you cope with some serious relationship problems. Hostess: Gail, good to see you.

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 访谈录

Google and Facebook have confirmed that they were victims of a $100 million payment scam. 谷歌和脸书近日证实,他们在一桩诈骗案中被骗走1亿美元。 The criminal case drew public attention last month, when US Justice Department a

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Someday, passwords will likely be a distant memory. 有一天,密码可能会成为遥远的回忆。 For now, they are necessary -- as well as regularly re-used, and sometimes leaked when hackers access private information. When you forget yours,

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

2009年高考试题--英语听力(湖南卷) 1. W: I dont know what's wrong with my watch. It was just a month ago that I had it repaired. M: Dont waste your time and money any more, it's a very old watch and is quite worn out. 2. W: What time do

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(130) / 评论(0) 分类 高考英语听力

回忆81 华师大room407,帅哥考官,part1:住在哪里、亲戚、生日;part2:让你发笑的事;part3:娱乐节目在中国流行吗 回忆82 杭州207 白头发的严肃大叔?老爷爷?p1 your favorite place, card, keep health p2 usefu

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(96) / 评论(0) 分类 雅思机经

在雅思G类写作中,书信的写作一直是重中之重。那么在这样的一个非常平常的题材下写出新意就是吸引考官的最好的一个方法。现在向大家提供的众不同的雅思G类书信写作结尾,能够使大家的

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(87) / 评论(0) 分类 雅思英语

WRONG 错误用法 Please find the template agreement enclosed to this email. 协议模板已附在这封电子邮件的附件里。 RIGHT 正确用法 Please find the template agreement attached to this email. 协议模板已附在这封电子邮件的

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 求职英语

1. W: I dont know what's wrong with my watch. It was just a month ago that I had it repaired. M: Dont waste your time and money any more, it's a very old watch and is quite worn out. 2. W: What time does the play start? M: At 10:30. If we leave by ni

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(130) / 评论(0) 分类 历年高考英语听力