THE PRESIDENT: Glenn, thanks for the kind introduction. Thanks for giving me a chance to speak to the Economic Club of New York. It seems like I showed up in a interesting moment -- (laughter) -- during an interesting time. I appreciate the fact tha

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 美国总统每日发言

President Bush Visits Department of State THE PRESIDENT: Madam Secretary, thank you very much for your hospitality. I just had a very interesting dialogue on how to strengthen the State Department's capacity to bring freedom and peace around the wor

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 美国总统每日发言

President Bush Participates in Joint Press Availability with President Viktor Yushchenko of Ukraine PRESIDENT YUSHCHENKO: (As translated.) Dear Mr. President, excellencies, ladies and gentlemen, this is a great honor for Ukraine and Ukrainian govern

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 美国总统每日发言

President Bush Signs H.R. 7081, the United States-India Nuclear Cooperation Approval and Nonproliferation Enhancement Act THE PRESIDENT: Thank you for coming. Welcome to the White House. Today, I have the honor of signing legislation that builds on

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 美国总统每日发言

THE PRESIDENT: Good morning. Over the past few days, we have witnessed a startling drop in the stock market -- much of it driven by uncertainty and fear. This has been a deeply unsettling period for the American people. Many of our citizens have ser

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 美国总统每日发言

THE PRESIDENT: Thank you all. President Peres, thank you, sir, for your hospitality. Mr. Prime Minister and Mrs. Olmert, it's great to be with you. We consider you friends. Heads of state, thank you all for coming. I think it's a great tribute to th

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 美国总统每日发言

THE PRESIDENT: Laura and I want to wish everybody a happy Mother's Day. It's just a special day to give thanks to our Moms; appreciate the hard work that Moms do. And I understand that for some, however, Mother's Day is a sad day for those who lost

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 美国总统每日发言

THE PRESIDENT: Thank you very much. Superintendent, thank you for that kind introduction. Governor Sebelius, thank you for being here. Senator Brownback, Senator Roberts, Congressman Tiahrt, Mayor Janssen, Mayor-Elect Dixson, City Administrator Hewit

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(24) / 评论(0) 分类 美国总统每日发言

President Bush and President Saca of El Salvador Discuss Temporary Protected Status PRESIDENT BUSH: Mr. President, thank you. I want to let my friend know, and the people of El Salvador, that the United States will extend TPS status to El Salvadorea

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 美国总统每日发言

President Bush Receives Update on Hurricane Ike Response and Relief Efforts THE PRESIDENT: Thank you very much, Secretary Chertoff, for your briefing -- you just came back from Houston; Administrator Paulison. The briefing, of course, was on the dam

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 美国总统每日发言

PRESIDENT BUSH: Thank you very much. Mr. Secretary General, thank you for your hospitality. Its good to see you again. I remember our days together in the la frontera de Tejas y Mxico, when I was the Governor of Texas and you were one of the leading

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 美国总统每日发言

THE PRESIDENT: Good morning. Welcome to the White House. A week ago on Memorial Day, the flag of the United States flew in half-staff in tribute to those who fell in service to our country. Today we pay special homage to one of those heroes: Private

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 美国总统每日发言

THE PRESIDENT: Thank you. Thank you very much. Mr. President. President Shi, thank you for that kind introduction. Governor Sanford, Senator Graham, Congressman Inglis, members of the Board of Trustees, faculty, staff, members of the Furman communit

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(25) / 评论(0) 分类 美国总统每日发言

THE PRESIDENT: Thanks for coming. Please be seated. Welcome to the White House. And it is fitting that we use the East Garden because, one, this is rarely used; and two, it is an opportunity for me to welcome a lot of people to the -- that are here

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 美国总统每日发言

President Bush Discusses Financial Markets and World Economy THE PRESIDENT: Thank you very much. Please be seated. Thank you. Larry, thank you for the introduction. Thank you for giving Laura and me a chance to come to this historic hall to talk abo

President Bush Visits National Naval Medical Center THE PRESIDENT: Admiral, thank you very much for leading an amazing group of men and women who provide such compassion and skill for those who have been wounded. You know, I'm -- appreciate the fami

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(22) / 评论(0) 分类 美国总统每日发言

THE PRESIDENT: Good morning. Last night, I had a warm conversation with President-elect Barack Obama. I congratulated him and Senator Biden on their impressive victory. I told the President-elect he can count on complete cooperation from my administ

THE PRESIDENT: Thank you. Sintese. Gracias. Buenos dias. Bienvenidos a la Casa Blanca. (Applause.) I am pleased to welcome you to the gathering of the 198th anniversary of Colombias independence, which was celebrated last Sunday in grand style. Colo

THE PRESIDENT: Thank you. (Applause.) Sawatdee khrab. (Laughter and applause.) Thank you for the warm welcome. Laura and I are delighted to be back in Bangkok. Such a beautiful city, full of gracious and hospitable people. We appreciate the warm wel

THE PRESIDENT: Thank you. Please be seated. Henrietta, thank you for the kind introduction. I am honored to join you all today to express America's solidarity with those who yearn for liberty around the world. Captive Nations Week was first observed

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 美国总统每日发言