We understand that the great arc of human history bends towards people coming together in ever greater numbers, 回顾历史,历史的车轮总是青睐于更大基数的集体, from tribes to cities to nations -- to achieve things that we couldn

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 公众人物毕业演讲

So first, let's take on big meaningful projects. 首先,让我们来说说做有意义的项目。 Our generation is gonna have to deal with tens of millions of jobs replaced by automation like self-driving cars and trucks. 我们这一代将不得不

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 公众人物毕业演讲

The best scientific exploration sounded like a fairytale. 当时最好的科学理论就像是童话故事。 My second grade teacher Mrs. McGonigle read it to us. 我的二年级老师麦戈尼格尔女士告诉我们。 The dinosaurs had small brai

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 公众人物毕业演讲

Here in the United States less than a thirdof our fellow citizens 在美国只有不超过1/3的公民 Have acknowledged the troubles that lieahead 认识到了未来的麻烦 We have to engage in 我们需要参与进来 We have to bring them around

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(25) / 评论(0) 分类 公众人物毕业演讲

People in other parts of the world in the factories of India and China 在世界其它地方 例如印度和中国的工厂 are facing the same problems and clamoring for the same kinds of improvement in their air 当地也面临着相同问题 也希望

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 公众人物毕业演讲

When we announce that Bill Nye would be here to address you 我们宣布比尔奈要来演讲后 Boston Magazine called him the region's best commencement speaker 波士顿杂志将他称为区域最佳毕业典礼演讲嘉宾 And the Today Show high

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 公众人物毕业演讲

Once in a while driving, you'll find yourself wanting to wander go explore, dream a little 有时候你会觉得自己想四处游荡去探索 去寻梦 and visit some faraway places, cities off your normal course the normal course that everyone else

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 公众人物毕业演讲

But even harder than the technological troubles are the political ones as preposterous as it might sound to many of us 但在技术难题之外 更复杂的是政治难题也许看起来有点荒谬 there are great many people claim that climate chan

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(23) / 评论(0) 分类 公众人物毕业演讲

So I could apply all of this acoustic folk picking and slide guitar and etc etc 我能够运用原声民谣拨弦 滑音吉他技巧等等 But it was a very, very closed shop in those days 不过当时 这些是非常非常封闭的 Actually, probabl

发表于:2019-01-25 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 公众人物毕业演讲

Please welcome our commencement speaker for the 2014 class 有请我们的2014年毕业典礼演讲嘉宾 Mr. Jimmy Page 吉米佩吉先生 Good morning. I had to check my watch there to make sure it was the morning 早上好 我需要看看手表才能

发表于:2019-01-25 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 公众人物毕业演讲

is a consequence of ultraviolet light, of latitude and climate. 这只不过是紫外线 纬度和气候造成的。 There really is no such thing as race. 实际上并没有什么种族。 We're one species, each of us much much more alike than we a

发表于:2019-01-25 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 公众人物毕业演讲

And you know why?. 知道为什么吗。 No one knows why. 没人知道为什么。 If a umass Lowell engineer. 如果马萨诸塞大学洛厄尔分校的。 Or scientist can figure it out. 某位工程师或科学家能够弄清。 He or she may be

发表于:2019-01-25 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 公众人物毕业演讲

Thank you very much. Thank you Thank you so much. Thank you Thank you. Please, please have a seat. 非常感谢大家 谢谢非常感谢大家 谢谢谢谢大家 请入座 Thank you Thank you, President Spar, trustees, President Bollinger Hello, Clas

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 公众人物毕业演讲

So you've got us outnumbered After decades of slow, steady extraordinary progress. 所以 你们在人数上超过了我们在几十年来的缓慢 持续不凡的进展之后 You are now poised to make this the century where women shape not only the

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(25) / 评论(0) 分类 公众人物毕业演讲

I have a vivid memory of what happened next, and it was not what I expected. 我清晰地记得接下来发生了什么,而那是我意料之外的。 I expected to be applauded for my cleverness and arithmetic skills. 我本期待着小聪明和算术

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 公众人物毕业演讲

Will you wilt under criticism, or will you follow your convictions? 你们会屈从于批评,还是会坚守信念? Will you bluff it out when you're wrong, or will you apologize? 你们会掩饰错误,还是会坦诚道歉? Will you guard yo

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(19) / 评论(0) 分类 公众人物毕业演讲

And it is because of that commitment to service and to those who have served 正是因为对服务及服务过的人的这份奉献 that I have the privilege and honor to introduce a very special American this evening 让我有幸介绍今晚这位特殊

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 公众人物毕业演讲

Ladies and gentlemen, I'm honored to introduce Michelle Obama 女士们 先生们 我很荣幸地介绍米歇尔奥巴马 a first lady whose life in service as attorney, public service, educator 这位第一夫人是优秀的律师 公益服务者 教育

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 公众人物毕业演讲

It will always be in conflict 总会有矛盾斗争 If you accept that, everything gets a lot better如果你接受这一事实 一切都会好得多 The other reason is 另一个原因是 because you are establishing your identities and your beliefs因

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(105) / 评论(0) 分类 公众人物毕业演讲

And what you need to do is to honor that 你所需要做的 是尊重这个事实 to understand it, to unearth it 去理解它 去挖掘它 to listen to this other voice 去倾听这个相反的声音 All right, I'm losing this now, because 我现在要

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(122) / 评论(0) 分类 公众人物毕业演讲