The mothers of four priests got together and were discussing their sons.

发表于:2018-11-29 / 阅读(118) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

Mary had just returned from her school. She was thirsty. Mary, you can have a cup of milk, called her mother. Mary went into the dinning hall. Mummy, the milk is spoilt, she cried out. Her mother came in. Let me see. Yes. This milk is spoilt, her mot

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

Two brothers, Herbert and James, lived with their mother and a cat named Edgar. James was particularly attached to the cat, and when he had to leave town for several days, he left Herbert meticulous i

发表于:2018-12-12 / 阅读(163) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

My husband asked me to go to the post office to mail his resume in anticipation of a job interview. He instructed me to send it the fastest way possible. Struck by the urgency in his voice, I grabbed

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

While in Korea, Gov. Mike Smith of Utah was relaxing in the VIP lounge the Seoul airport, awaiting his flight to Japan. At the same moment , his press secretary, Jenny Varela, was being told at the ti

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

Wherever I drove my old car over 55 miles per hour ,it vibrated terribly, so I decided to sell it. My first customer wanted to buy the car, and I battled with my conscience over whether or not to tell

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(197) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

I had been trying to get my friend Mike-a rock' n roll fan-interested in classical music. When I offered to purchase tickets to a Mozart festival, he willingly agreed to accompany me and seemed to enj

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(234) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

While on vacation in San Francisco, my sister developed a toothache. The hotel desk clerk recommended a dentist. Susan, who dislikes heights, was horrified to discover that she was located on the 14th

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

Once upon a time, there was a forest. That forest contained many animals. There lived a hunter. He loved hunting rabbits, because he loved the rabbit meat. Many a time he was advised by his friends to give up hunting in general and hunting the rabbit

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

Once upon a time, there was a huge forest with many tresses of all kinds. In that forest lives a mother goat and her little lamb. They were happily living in the forest. The lamb was very naughty. The mother goat found it difficult to manager her chi

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

Once upon a time there lived a farmer. He had amassed wealth by selling the produces that he got from his farms. He distributed that wealth to all the needy people. So, the whole village revered him for his magnanimity. But he had a persistent proble

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

There once lived a proud stag. While wandering in the forest, he came upon a pond. He stopped there to drink water in order to quench his thirst. As he bent down, he saw his own reflection in the water. How beautiful are my antlers! he thought, admir

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

Long ago, in a small village lived Vishnudutta, a poor Brahmin farmer. He worked hard but was not able to earn much. His son, Somadutta was always asking for more money. Be satisfied with what you have, my son, Vishnudutta would say. One day, Vishnud

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

Long time ago, there lived a King. He was lazy and liked all the comforts of life. He never carried out his duties as a King. Our King does not take care of our needs. He also ignores the affairs of his kingdom. The people complained. One day, the Ki

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

A man was selling medicines at a fair. At first he sold bottles of a cure for colds for just a dollar a bottle. Many people wanted to buy it and the man's young assistant moved quickly through the cro

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

During the doctor's periodic visit to my elderly mother, I told him that Mother would be celebrating her 98th birthday in few days. Delighted by the news, he bent down and gave her a kiss for the occa

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

When his wife was expecting their third child, a father decided to tell his two sons, ages seven and nine, the facts of life. He checked out several books from the library on how parents should approa

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

Mrs. Flinders decided to have her portrait painted. She told the artist,

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(143) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

A famous scientist was on his way to yet another lecture when his chauffeur offered an idea.

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

My sister, a primary school teacher, was informed by one of her pupils that a bird had built its nest in the tree outside the classroom.

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(206) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读