Once there was a rich man in Thailand. His name was Chulong. He was a very rich man. Yet he wanted more riches, more money. One day he was walking in his garden. He saw a strange bird in a bush. It was very small. But it had very beautiful and colorf

发表于:2018-11-29 / 阅读(101) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

Ali and Abraham were brothers. Their mother died very early. Their father also died after some time. He left for his sons a cow and a date-tree. Ali was cunning. He was greedy too. Abraham was kind and honest. He trusted his elder brother. They wante

发表于:2018-11-29 / 阅读(125) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

Hercules was a strong and brave man. He lived in Greece. The King was jealous of Hercules. People might make Hercules the King. Therefore he wanted to get rid of Hercules. He set difficult tasks for Hercules to keep him away from the country so that

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

A man was standing at a corner, with a hat in each hand, waiting for handouts. A passer-by stopped and dropped a coin in one hat, then asked,

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(309) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

Leo Tolstoy was a great writer. He was a Russian. Tolstoy was a man of peace. He wrote many good stories. Each story has a valuable moral. Some of his stories are log. And some of his stories are short. The following is one of his stories. It is writ

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

Pulling alongside our drive-up bank window, a woman was not happy with her position. So she backed up and pulled closer. Still not satisfied, she backed away and tried again. After five attempts, she

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(130) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

One day, the cow fell ill and stopped giving milk. Thinking she would never recover, Gopal drove her out of his house. Now my owner does not need me. I will never return to him, thought the sad cow and ran away. On the way, the hungry cow fell uncons

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

Once there lived a dog. He was very greedy. There were many times that he had to pay for his greed. Each time the dog promised himself, I have learnt my lesson. Now I will never be greedy again. But he soon forgot his promises and was as greedy as ev

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

A Japanese company and an American company had a boat race, the Japanese won by a mile. The Americans hired analysts to figure out what went wrong. They reported that the Japanese had one person manag

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

Donald was not very good at math. He could not understand the teacher's explanations. Even when the teacher explained something a second time, Donald still could not understand it.

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

Four friends were arguing over whose dog was the smartest. The first man, an engineer, called to his dog,

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

The year before my son turned 18, he constantly pleaded to be allowed to a tattoo, but I refused to sign permission for one. He argued that soon he would be a man and he should be able to make adult d

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

The morning following the birth of our first child, my husband was mistakenly directed to the room of another new mother on the maternity floor. As he walked into the room, he bent over the nap- ping

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

There was once a farmer who lived near a road. It was not a busy road, but from time to time, cars passed the farm. Near the farm gate, there was a large hole in the road. This hole was always full of

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(82) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

Three men were sitting on a park bench. The one in the middle was reading a newspaper; the others were pretending to fish. They baited imaginary hooks, cast lines and reeled in their catch. A passing

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(139) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

A bachelor asked the computer to find him the perfect mate: ' I want a companion who is small and cute, loves water sports and enjoys group activities.

发表于:2019-01-09 / 阅读(113) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

One day shortly after I had come home from college, my father was outside doing yard work. He found a baby bird under a tree and assumed it had fallen from its nest. Wanting to return the tiny creatur

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(109) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

A married couple, both avid golfers, were discussing the future one night.

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(134) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

My daughter Judy, who works for a plumbing company, found herself in need of a plumber at home. When she got to work, she asked that a plumber be sent. For several days her request was ignored. In des

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(117) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(109) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读