There was once a kind Duke. He was loved and respected by his subjects. This Duke had a wicked brother. His name was Frederick. Frederick rebelled against his brother. He drove away the Duke. The Duke was a peace loving person. He left the Dukedom. H

发表于:2018-11-29 / 阅读(110) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

There was a very rich person. He had two sons. The first son was hard working. He always obeyed his father. He was very good and nice person. But the second son was totally different from the first son. He was lazy. He did not work in his fathers fie

发表于:2018-11-29 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

Tigers eat flesh of other animals in the forest. Generally tigers do not kill tigers. They like only the flesh of other animals. A tiger has to be very quick in catching other animals. But an old tiger or a wounded tiger can not run fast. At such tim

发表于:2018-11-29 / 阅读(114) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

We attended the wedding of an acquaintance's son. Because we did not know the young man or his bride, we decided to send them a practical household gift, a fire extinguisher. Apparently, the couple ma

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(142) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

Once I received a thank-you note from a friend whom I had helped. In the envelope were five lottery tickets that had been scratched, revealing the numbers.

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(153) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

A bureaucrat was hiking when he came upon a shepherd tending a large flock. The bureaucrat took a fancy to the sheep and asked the shepherd,

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

A frog telephones the Psychic Hotline and is told,

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

While I was talking to a parent of one of my third-grade students, another teacher walked by. The mother, remarking how beautiful the woman was, said,

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

As a freshman at the University of Dayton in Ohio, I was eager to make a good impression on my new roommate. When I arrived at our dorm room, I found her putting on perfume.

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(170) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

As a new father, I quickly learned the true meaning of maternal instinct. Late one night, I was summoned to the hospital to attend to one of my patients. I quietly got up in the dark but tripped over

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(155) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

Uncle Frank, at 79, was a healthy and wealthy man, a lifelong bachelor. He courted a lot, he said, but

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(218) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

A dog owner claimed that his pet, when given money, would go to the news stall to buy a paper. His friend insisted on a demonstration and handed the dog some money - The dog trotted off, but an hour l

发表于:2019-01-04 / 阅读(137) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

Reading water meters in an unfamiliar part of town, I came upon a house with no number. Then I noticed an elderly man gardening at the first house on that block.

发表于:2019-01-04 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

The woman ahead of me in a long line at the department of motor vehicles was reading a paperback romance novel. I inched along behind her and when her turn finally came, she stepped aside, saying

发表于:2019-01-04 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

A school teacher friend of mine injured his back and had to wear a plaster cast around the upper part of his body. On his first day of the term, still with the cast under his shirt, he was assigned to

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

On a business trip to India, a colleague of mine arrived at the airport in Dilhi. He took a taxi to his hotel, where he was greeted by his hospitable Indian host. The cab driver requested the equivale

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

Although I had never met him, I knew that my grandfather had been five feet, six inches tall, while my stately grandmother stood five feet, eleven inches. As a teen-ager leafing through old photograph

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

A man handed a pair of slacks to the department-store clerk.

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(121) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

Vacationing on the island of Oahu, we were waiting in our tour bus for some stragglers to show up. A man, obviously not with our group, approached the bus and was about to board. How would our driver

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(128) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

The great novelist had gone mad, but now there seemed to be some hope for his recovery. For six months, he had been sitting at his typewriter pounding out a novel. Finally, he pronounced it completed

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(106) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读