Once there was a naughty lamb. His mother always loved her child so much that she worried about the safety of the child. His mother always warned him, Be careful! You must not go into the forest. Wild animals live in there. They may threaten you. Som

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

Thousands of years ago, there lived a King. His people loved him since he looked after their needs well. At the end of every month, he would invite some noble men of his Kingdom to analyze his work and advised him. The King built many things. Every y

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

Once upon a time, there was a very big forest. There on a huge banyan tree lived many crows. They were selfish and arrogant. They always quarreled with other birds. This behavior irritated other birds. They had no friends, as no one liked them. When

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

Mom was very proud that she'd lost ten pounds. On the way to the store with my husband and me she talked of little else. We dropped her off in the lingerie department, but when we returned, we couldn'

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

My infant daughter began crying as I drove home from the store, and since she was harnessed to her safety seat in the back, I couldn't console her. Stopping for a red light, I turned around and waved

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

A salesman was chatting with the owner of a motel.

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

After 20 years as a pilot, I became an airport manger and soon found the stress was getting to me. I needed a release and wanted to buy a motorcycle, but my family thought it was too dangerous. My wif

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(129) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

A woman answered her front door and found two boys holding a list.

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(172) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

Mr. Smith taught English at a school .At the beginning of his lesson, he liked to have one of his students give a report on any subject. When it was Jack's turn, he told his audience about his elder b

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(79) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

My husband ordered home delivery of our local newspaper. Because we live in rural area where no street numbers are used, I was concerned that the carrier would have trouble finding us. Sure enough, we

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

One day Mel Martin stopped by the chambers of a judge with whom he had lunch appointment. As his friend changed from robe jacket, Martin noticed a shiny black pistol bolstered to the judge's shoulder.

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

Then there was the preacher who decided to sell his horse. A prospective buyer was impressed with the animal, but the preacher said,

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

A highway patrol officer stopped a speeding motorist.

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(112) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

My teen-age daughter was preparing to return home after having visited her grandparents for a few weeks one summer. Her grandfather gave her 12 post cards .

发表于:2019-01-04 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

A friend of mine had been wanting new kitchen cabinets for a long time, but her husband insisted they were an extravagance. She went to visit her mother for two weeks, and when she returned, she was o

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(155) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

When my husband, Jack, was a police officer, he once approached a home guarded by two ferocious dogs. They lunged at the screen door with such force that it opened, and they tore out into the yard. Th

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(135) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

To prevent our dog, Lacy, from pestering visitors to our house, my mother often massaged her as she lounged beneath the kitchen table, her favorite resting spot. One day a contractor came over to talk

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(239) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

It was rush hour and I was dashing to a train in New York City's Grand Central Terminal - As I neared the gate, a plump, middle-aged woman sprinted up from behind, lost her footing on the smooth marbl

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(133) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

Vacationing in Hawaii, my husband and I went out to dinner one night at one of its finest restaurants - When presented with the check, my husband reached into his pocket for his wallet, but somehow lo

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(107) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读