In a dense forest, lived a fierce lion. He was very cruel. One day the lion was caught in a hunters trap. One by one many animals passed by. Please helped me! pleaded the lion. But none of the animals listened to his plea. After a while, a man happen

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

During a visit to my mother' s home, I joined her in the living room to talk, read and watch television. Facing a bookcase that has been in the same spot since I was a child, I let my eyes wander over

发表于:2018-12-12 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

发表于:2018-12-12 / 阅读(154) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

I had fallen and dislocated my elbow, which made writing checks for my small business nearly impossible. I called my bank to explain that the signature on my checks would look odd due to my accident,

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

A preacher was asked to give a talk at a local women's health symposium. His wife asked about his topic, but he was too embarrassed to admit that he had been asked to speak about sex. Thinking quickly

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

My cooking has always been the target of family jokes. One evening, as I prepared dinner a bit too quickly, the kitchen filled with smoke and the smoke detector went off. Although both of my children

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

A teacher was always so involved in the text being studied that he never looked up . He would call on a student for translation and explanation, and-without realizing it-he often chose the same studen

The owner of a small travel agency saw an attractive couple gazing at his travel poster. Suddenly inspired, he ran up and told them his idea.

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

The zoo built a special eight-foot-high enclosure for its newly acquired kangaroo, but the next morning the animal was found hopping around outside. The height of the fence was increased to 15 feet, b

I was the new coach of a Little League baseball team and had not yet learned the names of my players. At our first game, I called each boy by the number on his uniform. When I yelled,

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

My husband and I are both writers. During dinner conversations, we often tell our children about our working days. It wasn't clear how much they absorbed until one day I overheard my seven-year- old,

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

Once upon a time, there lived a rich man, but he didn't know any words. One day, one of his friends wanted to borrow an ox from him, so he wrote a note and asked his servant to take it to this rich ma

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(161) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

Once there was a blind. One day when he was walking, he stepped the head of the dog who was sleeping. The dog barked for a while. The blind man went on for miles, this time he stepped the other dog's

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(136) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

The girl found the go-between and said,

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(204) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

Alan worked in an office in the city. He worked very hard and really looked forward to his holidays. He usually went to the seaside, but one year he saw an ad in a newspaper

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(208) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

A boy cried to his mother,

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(173) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

Long, long ago, in a dense forest there were thousands of tall and beautiful trees. They were happy, but proud of themselves. Among them there also an ugly tree whose branches were badly twisted. Its roots had uneven curves. All the trees made fun of

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

Once upon a time, two cats were passing through a street. Suddenly they spotted a loaf of bread lying beneath a tree. Both pounced upon it and caught the loaf at the same time. It is mine. I saw it first, claimed one cat. While the other said, I poun

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

In a mango orchard outside a village there lived a mischievous monkey. The whole day, he would jump from one tree to another. Thus the monkey kept on eating the ripe mangoes. The orchard-keeper tried to trap the monkey. But every time the monkey esca

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

King Vikramaditya was known for his justice and kindness. Even Gods sought his help in setting issues. In his kingdom, no one was unhappy. His people loved him and were proud of him. Once, the Vikramaditya decided to build a palace on the riverbank.

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读