A doctor vacationing on the Riviera met a lawyer friend and asked him what he was doing there. The lawyer replied, I'm here because my house burned down, and the insurance company paid for everything. What are you doing here? That's quite a coinciden

发表于:2018-12-12 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

At the supermarket I noticed an elderly man who seemed to be following me wherever I went. As I moved to each aisle, there he was, smiling at me. Now I was wondering if he was interested in me. At the

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

At the cleaner's, I noticed the sign

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

Frequent hand-washing in my job as a medical technologist and the harsh Alaskan weather combined to give me very dry skin. One night as I prepared for bed, I rubbed my hands with petroleum jelly and c

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

I teach computer courses, and my students often call me at home with questions. One morning I was on the phone, explaining in computer language the solution to a problem, while a repairman was fixing

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

Deciding to do some back-yard landscaping, my father-in-law went to the brickyard to buy quantity of brick. When he asked the salesclerk about the cost, the man replied.

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(193) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

At the mall, my wife and I picked up some hardware items, including a handsaw. We were heading back to the car when we passed a steakhouse. Let's try it.

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(143) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

Far away from a kingdom there was a huge jungle. In that jungle, there were thousands of trees. Among them two were very good friends. They stood side by side. The same jungle was the home of many lions. Those lions used to kill other animals living

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

Once upon a time a farmer, Gopi, lived in a village. He had few acres of land. One hot afternoon, the poor farmer was digging his field. All of a sudden, his spade hit something. Then he continued his digging. It is a big metal pot, said Gopi. It was

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

My five-year-old son was not picking up his toys while I was preparing dinner as I had asked him. When I inquired why he wasn't doing his chores, he said that he didn't feel like it. Exasperated, I sa

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

When they're together, my five-year-old son and his cousin tend to cause mayhem. one Saturday, I put my foot down.

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

The fine-furniture store where I work has been in business since the 1920s.Recently I received a call from a woman who wanted to replace some chairs from a dining set purchased from us in the 1930s.I

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

An antiques collector was passing a small shop when he noticed a cat on the sidewalk out front, licking milk from a saucer. The man immediately realized the saucer was very old and valuable. He steppe

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

My 16-year-old son, Jeff, is a boy any parent would be proud of --until you see the floor of his room, covered with layers of clothes, magazines and sports equipment. Recently I accompanied Jeff to th

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(148) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

My son and I became lost while hiking high in the southern Rockies. I immediately went to work with my map and compass to determine where we had gone off course. My son, an electronics engineer, produ

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

A drill sergeant ordered two young female recruits to paint a room in the barracks, stressing that they not get any paint on their uniforms. Doubtful they could avoid ruining their clothes, the women

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

When I was approaching 50, I announced to my three grown children that I no longer wanted to celebrate my birthday and that they could phone me instead of sending a gift. At first they protested, but

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

The mechanic was very busy when I took my car in for repairs, so I settled down in the waiting room with a book I'd brought along. The mechanic was in and out answering calls, and at one point he stop

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

One of my fellow midshipmen at the U. S. Naval Academy was performing poorly in class and reported to his company officer for counseling.,

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

A penny-pinching farmer didn't want his hired hand to stop working. One morning, he told the farmhand,

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(191) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读