I know that grandmamma would say, 我知道祖母肯定会说, Don't meddle with it, dear; 别碰它,亲爱的, But then she's far enough away, 但是她现在出门走远了, And no one else is near; 这里又没有其他人, Beside, what

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 美国语文第四册

Yesterday afternoon a very venerable old clergyman was on his way from Boston to Salem, to pass the rest of the winter at the house of his son. 昨天下午,一位非常德高望重的老牧师从波士顿赶往塞伦,去他儿子家过冬。 Tha

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 美国语文第四册

With alpenstock and knapsack light, 手拿登山杖,身背轻轻的行囊, I wander o'er hill and valley; 我在丘陵和山谷中穿行; I climb the snow peak's flashing height, 我爬上雪峰耀眼的高度, And sleep in the sheltered chal

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 美国语文第四册

Good morning, neighbor Scrapewell. 早上好,斯科利普韦尔。 I have half a dozen miles to ride today, and shall be extremely obliged if you will lend me your gray mare. 我今天要赶十几英里路,如果你能把你的灰马借我,我将

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 美国语文第四册

Now, Philip; said Stephen, I think you will act better in not minding him, 现在,菲利普,斯蒂芬说,我认为你不去和他一般见识会更好, as your contempt will be the best punishment you can inflict upon him. 因为你的蔑视是

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(15) / 评论(0) 分类 美国语文第四册

I will have revenge on him, that I will, and make him heartily repent it, said Philip to himself,with a countenance quite red with anger. 我要找他报仇,我一定会的,要让他感到由衷的忏悔。菲利普自言自语道,脸由于生气

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 美国语文第四册

When he went to enter college, the preceptor gave him a good recommendation. 当他要进入大学时,辅导员给他写了很好的推荐信。 He was able to answer all the questions which were put to him when he was examined. 考试时他能够回

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 美国语文第四册

Many young persons seem to think it of not much consequence if they do not improve their time well in youth, 许多年轻人似乎认为,如果年轻时不善于管理时间,并不会产生什么不良后果, vainly expecting that they can make

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 美国语文第四册

Now, while I have been writing, the clouds have changed in color and form, but they are just as beautiful as they were before. 现在,就在我写这些的时候,云朵已经改变了颜色和形状,但它们都和之前一样美丽。 The gree

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 美国语文第四册

Run into the garden and play. I will call you in half an hour. 去花园里跑跑玩玩吧。半小时后我叫你回来。 But my composition, began Susie. Don't think about your composition while you are gone, said Mrs. Smith, but have as pleasant

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 美国语文第四册

Great, wide, beautiful, wonderful world, 伟大的,宽广的,美丽的,奇妙的世界, With the wonderful water round you curled, 奇妙的河流盘旋围绕着你, And the wonderful grass upon your breast, 奇妙的绿草覆盖在你的胸膛

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 美国语文第四册

Alfred granted them their lives, and settled them in a part of his kingdom where nearly all his own people had been destroyed. 阿尔弗雷德饶了他们的命,把他们安置在王国的一块地方,这里原来的居民几乎都死于战争中。

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 美国语文第四册

How wonderful is that instinct by which the bird of passage performs its annual migration! 候鸟具有每年准确迁徙的惊人本能! But how still more wonderful is it when the bird, after its voyage of thousands of miles has been performed, 可

How dear to this heart are the scenes of my childhood, 童年的时光多么美好, When fond recollection presents them to view! 童年的回忆如在眼前! The orchard, the meadow, the deep tangled wildwood, 果园、草地和茂盛的密林,

The search was continued in vain till nine o'clock in the evening. 晚上九点的时候,依然没找到孩子。 Then, one of the party was sent back to the village, to collect the inhabitants for a more extensive search. 于是他们派了一个人

A few years since, a child was lost in the woods. 几年前,一个孩子在森林里失踪了。 He was out with his brothers and sisters gathering berries, and was accidentally separated from them, and lost. 他和兄弟姐妹一起去采草莓,不

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(21) / 评论(0) 分类 美国语文第四册

Look and see which of your companions have the most friends, and you will find that they are those who have this noble spirit; 观察一下,看你的伙伴里哪一个朋友最多,你会发现一定是具有这种高尚心灵的人, who are wil

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 美国语文第四册

But had any man in England met such a man as I was, it must either have frightened him or raised a great deal of laughter; 在英国,任何人看到我的样子,一定被吓着或者被逗得开怀大笑; and, as I frequently stood still to loo

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 美国语文第四册

It is true, by this method I could make but one board out of a whole tree; 真的,我就这么把整棵树做成了木板; but this I had no remedy for but patience, any more than I had for the prodigious deal of time and labor which it took me t

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 美国语文第四册

O Andy! said little Jenny Murdock, I'm so glad you came along this way. I can't get over. 哦,安迪!小珍妮默多克说,我真高兴你从这边路过。我过不去了。 Can't get over? said Andrew. Why what's the matter? 过不来了?安德