14 A Widespread Epidemic GLOSSARY outbreak the moment when something begins to happen very suddenly,affecting many people * The outbreak of war caused panic in the streets. disease illness; something that makes a person sick* Dominic suffers from a r

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年ESL之就医和人际交往

19 Admiring Someone from Afar GLOSSARY what I wouldnt give a phrase used to mean that one wants something verymuch, being willing to give a lot to have it * What I wouldnt give to have a few extra days of vacation from work! date a social meeting bet

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(79) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年ESL之就医和人际交往

20 Sharing With Others GLOSSARY to share to let someone else use or have part of what one has * I accidentally left my lunch at home today. Would you please share your lunchwith me? to divvy up to divide items into two or more groups; to decide how s

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年ESL之就医和人际交往

16 Being Spontaneous or Well-Planned GLOSSARY notes information that is written down informally to help one develop an idea orremember something in the future, usually intended only for oneself * Jackie always takes notes when she speaks with clients

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年ESL之就医和人际交往

14 Being a First-Time Parent GLOSSARY birth when a new child is brought into the world; when a baby comes out of hisor her mothers womb and begins breathing on its own * How many births happen in this hospital each year? first-time parent a person wh

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年ESL之就医和人际交往

21 Describing Mens Bodies GLOSSARY to ogle (someone) to look at someone in an unwanted way that shows one is sexually interested in that person * Have you ever noticed how Professor DuPuois always ogles his female students? construction worker a pers

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 2009年ESL之就医和人际交往

15An Old Love GLOSSARY an item a romantic couple; a romantic pair* When Paul and Emily became an item, all of the other high school students knew about it immediately. old flame someone with whom one used to have a romantic relationship; anex-boyfrie

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年ESL之就医和人际交往

21Being Persuasive GLOSSARY favor something that one does for another person, because one has been asked to do it; something that one person asks another to do out of kindness* Please take this message to Antuka as a favor for me. down in the dumps f

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年ESL之就医和人际交往

19Writing a Love Song GLOSSARY to keep it down - to be quiet; to not make very much noise* Please keep it down! Melinda is trying to study for tomorrows exam, but shecant concentrate with so much noise in here. none of (ones) business not something t

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年ESL之就医和人际交往

18A Mid-Life Crisis GLOSSARY mid-life crisis a period in a mans life when he becomes unhappy that he is growing older and does strange things to try to feel younger* When Brett went through his mid-life crisis, he bought a red Ferrari and tried todat

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(80) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年ESL之就医和人际交往

16A Traditional Wedding GLOSSARY wedding a ceremony that creates a marriage; a ceremony that makes twopeople married* They had a beautiful and very large wedding, with almost 300 guests. civil ceremony a wedding ceremony that is not religious; a wedd

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年ESL之就医和人际交往

1. bear out,支持,证明。 eg: Recent discoveries will bear out his prediction. 最近的发现将可证实出他的预测。 2. primary,首要的,主要的。 eg: Our company has targeted career women as our primary customers. 我们公司将职业妇

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 蒋健棠教你听英语广播

Getting Over a Fight Alisa: Dont be mad. Sabir: Im not mad. Alisa: Yes, you are. Im sorry. I admit it was my fault. Will you stop moping now? Sabir: Im not moping. Im giving you the silent treatment. Alisa: I knew it! Youre still peeved at me. What c

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年ESL之就医和人际交往

13 Having an Overbearing Father GLOSSARY grown adult; grown-up; no longer a child * His aunt said to him: Youre a grown man! Shouldnt you act like it and get ajob, instead of letting your parents pay for everything? overbearing too strong, opinionate

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年ESL之就医和人际交往

07 Going to a Spa GLOSSARY this is the life a phrase used when one is very happy and relaxed, enjoyingoneself very much, and wishing one could do that particular activity all the time,every day * Ah, this is the life! I wish we could eat like this ev

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(158) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年ESL之就医和人际交往

14Being Affectionate in Public GLOSSARY couple a romantic pair; two people involved in a romantic relationship* Ingot and Stanislav make such a beautiful couple. I hope that they stay together! indecent inappropriate and offensive; immoral* Many peop

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年ESL之就医和人际交往

Types of Families Patricia: Okay, were nearly done setting up for the neighborhood party. I got some nametags with father, mother, and kids printed on them, with a space for people to write their names. Itll be easier for people to introduce themselv

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年ESL之就医和人际交往

Getting a Massage Robert: Why are you twisting your back like that? Staci: Im in pain. My back and shoulders really hurt. I think its from sitting at this computer all the time. Robert: What you need is a good massage. It can get rid of the knots in

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(99) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年ESL之就医和人际交往

We all care about what others think of us and want to be liked. 我们都在乎别人怎么看待我们,都渴望被别人喜欢。 The basics of getting people to like you are obvious be nice, be considerate, be a decent human being. However, ther

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(126) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

提出邀请 我们几个朋友准备在我家聚一聚。 We're going to have a few friends over at my house. A: We're going to have a few friends over at my house. Would you like to come? 我们几个朋友准备在我家聚一聚,你能来吗?

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语