13 Starting a New School Year GLOSSARY supplies things that are needed for a particular purpose, especially for use inan office or school * Victor is ordering some pens, binders, nametags, and other office supplies. backpack a cloth or leather bag wo

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年ESL之就医和人际交往

18 Performing an Intervention GLOSSARY intervention a meeting where close friends and relatives surprise an individualwho did not expect the meeting because they are concerned about his or heractivities, especially an addiction, and want him or her t

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年ESL之就医和人际交往

Dating a Possessive Person Eliana: Youre here! I didnt think youd be able to come. Matt: Why? I like seeing a movie with my friends as much as the next guy. Eliana: Yeah, but its been weeks since weve seen you, ever since you started dating Helen. Ma

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年ESL之就医和人际交往

Dealing With a Contagious Disease Isabelle: You cant walk through that door with all of your clothes on! Linus: What?! Ive just come off of a 12-hour flight. Im tired and I want to get into my own house and into my own bed. Isabelle: I know, but youv

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年ESL之就医和人际交往

ESL Podcast 1190 Dealing With Foot Problems Walt: What are you doing? Francesca: Im selecting and organizing my photos for a presentation. Walt: Oh, can I see? All of these photos are of feet! Francesca: Well, I am a podiatrist and Im giving a talk a

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年ESL之就医和人际交往

10 Going to the Emergency Room GLOSSARY emergency room the part of a hospital that is always open for patients whohave very serious, life-threatening problems and can come without anappointment * The nurse said we should monitor the babys temperature

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年ESL之就医和人际交往

08 Minor Medical Injuries GLOSSARY rise and shine wake up; its time to get up * Rise and shine! Its time to get out of bed and get ready for school. to get back to nature to spend time outdoors and experience a feeling ofharmony with the natural worl

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年ESL之就医和人际交往

06 To Forgive and Forget GLOSSARY voicemail a system for recording audio messages from people who call onestelephone number when one is not available to speak with them * Press 7 to repeat the voicemail message, or 9 to delete it. RSVP an abbreviatio

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年ESL之就医和人际交往

02 Psychological Disorders GLOSSARY psychology the study of how the human brain affects thoughts and behavior * Janet is studying psychology because shes interested in why people behave inthe way they do. nervous uncomfortable, worried, and anxious,

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(88) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年ESL之就医和人际交往

Doing Basic Exercises Jane: Ive just had the best workout at the gym! Arnold: You dont need to go to a gym to exercise. I exercise right here in my apartment. Jane: Oh, yeah? What can you do in this small space? Arnold: Nearly everything I need to do

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年ESL之就医和人际交往

Annulling a Marriage Courtney: Did you hear? Kate and Christopher are trying to annul their marriage. Ray: What?! Theyve only been married for two months! What brought this on? Courtney: I have no idea. Neither of them is underage or bigamists and th

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(107) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年ESL之就医和人际交往

08 Getting a Girlfriend/Boyfriend Back GLOSSARY to get (someone) back to convince or persuade someone to resume aromantic relationship that has been broken off; to begin dating someone againafter he or she has tried to end the romantic relationship *

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年ESL之就医和人际交往

04 Dating a Friends Ex GLOSSARY ex a former boyfriend, girlfriend, husband, or wife * Was it really awkward when you ran into your ex at the store? to take (something) well to handle a negative situation very calmly andpositively, without becoming up

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年ESL之就医和人际交往

10 Having a Temper Tantrum GLOSSARY ear-splitting very loud, high-pitched, and hurting ones ears * Their teenage son calls it music, but they just hear ear-splitting noise. temper tantrum a short period of time when a child loses control of his or he

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(98) / 评论(0) 分类 2009年ESL之就医和人际交往

08 Being Clumsy GLOSSARY to have two left feet to be a bad dancer, not knowing how to move ones feet * He likes to watch people dance, but he never joins them because he has two left feet. clumsy moving awkwardly; not being able to control the moveme

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(100) / 评论(0) 分类 2009年ESL之就医和人际交往

Using Illegal Drugs Nancy: So, what do you think? Ron: Uh, that was interesting. Nancy: Thats all you have to say? I spent six months making this anti- drug film to show students in schools to try and deter illegal drug use. Ron: Well, Im not sure if

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(89) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年ESL之就医和人际交往

Being Chivalrous and Protective When I first met Lance, I thought he was the perfect guy. He was a real gentleman. He opened doors for me and pulled out my chair in restaurants. He was as chivalrous as they come. But after a while, I realized that he

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(101) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年ESL之就医和人际交往

Talking About Attractive Men and Women Pamela: You know that your tongue is hanging out of your mouth, right? David: Thats because Ive never seen so many beautiful women in one place before. Why have I never been to this beach before? Look at her! Sh

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(110) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年ESL之就医和人际交往

Attending an Exs Wedding Andy: What did you do last weekend? Yuka: I went to Jamals wedding. Andy: Jamal?! Your ex Jamal? Yuka: Yes, that Jamal. Andy: He had the nerve to invite you to his wedding? Yuka: I actually thought it was nice of him to invit

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(91) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年ESL之就医和人际交往

Recovering from an Illness or Injury Julio: Hi, Aunt Louisa, its Julio. Paula: ...And Paula. Im on the extension in the kitchen. Julio: Anyway, we just wanted to call and wish you a speedy recovery. Get plenty of bed rest and take it easy. Avoid grea

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(94) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年ESL之就医和人际交往