Dating Nice Guys and Bad Boys Jack: Ive had it. Im going to start treating women like dirt. Id get more dates. Alison: What brought this on? Jack: I got dumped again by a woman who thinks Im too nice too nice! She says she wants to be with someone wh

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年ESL之就医和人际交往

Outdoor Sun Protection June: Wait! You forgot your sun hat. Wally: Im not wearing that hat. It looks ridiculous on me. June: Itll protect you from the suns rays. Youre too fair to be outdoors for long without protection. You dont want to get another

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年ESL之就医和人际交往

ESL Podcast 1153 Getting Advice from Mothers-in-Law Marc: Who was that? Carla: It was your mother again. She wanted to give me another piece of unsolicited advice about housekeeping. Shes called five times this week already. Marc: Shes just trying to

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年ESL之就医和人际交往

Having Hearing Problems Bernadette: Why are you mumbling? Claude: Im not. I said, Whats wrong with your hearing? Bernadette: Nothing is wrong with my hearing. You just need to speak up. Claude: Im practically shouting. You need to see a doctor about

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年ESL之就医和人际交往

Being a Bachelor Iris: Im thinking of inviting Simone and Jerry over for dinner. Alex: This isnt another attempt at matchmaking, is it? Jerry is a confirmed bachelor and hes not looking to marry or become involved in a relationship. Iris: Hes not a c

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年ESL之就医和人际交往

Describing Stomach Problems Theres nothing I enjoy more than spending a couple of hours relaxing at a cafe. I sit drinking my tea and reading. What could be better? Woman: So I think I may have to see a doctor soon. You know Ive had these terrible pa

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年ESL之就医和人际交往

ESL Podcast 1175 Getting a Fresh Start Nico: Im moving to Atlanta. I want a fresh start. Celia: This is a surprise. I thought you were going to stick it out here and try to put the past behind you. Nico: There are too many reminders here. I want a cl

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年ESL之就医和人际交往

01 Differences in Male and Female Friendships GLOSSARY to put (someone) down to say something that makes another person seem orfeel less important or less self-confident; to say something mean to or aboutanother person * Why does Emil always put othe

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年ESL之就医和人际交往

01 Problems with Drugs GLOSSARY drug medicine; a chemical substance that is swallowed to make a sick or injured person feel better or to make one healthier * Are you taking any drugs to lower your blood pressure? medical device a piece of electronics

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(95) / 评论(0) 分类 2009年ESL之就医和人际交往

02 Making an Emergency Medical Call GLOSSARY emergency an unexpected situation that is dangerous or very serious and makes one act immediately * Is anyone here a doctor? Its an emergency! My wife is giving birth! to state to say something; to give in

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(104) / 评论(0) 分类 2009年ESL之就医和人际交往

06 Having a Good or Bad Bedside Manner GLOSSARY cut out intended for something; designed or created to do something; a goodmatch for something * If you like asking people questions and you enjoy writing, then youre probablycut out to be a newspaper r

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(114) / 评论(0) 分类 2009年ESL之就医和人际交往

13 Going on a Diet GLOSSARY scale balance; a small device that one steps on to see how heavy one is; asmall machine that is used to weigh oneself* Is your bathroom scale in kilos or pounds? to weigh to find out how heavy something is; to find out how

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(82) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年ESL之就医和人际交往

26 Renting an Apartment GLOSSARY apartment manager a person whose job is to take care of problems in an apartment building, collect the rent, and find peopleto live in the building * When our toilet stopped working, we called the apartment manager. v

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(85) / 评论(0) 分类 2008年ESL之就医和人际交往

各位亲爱的朋友们,欢迎来到早间课堂《抛招接招》小节目,我是Juliet。 上回我们说到了on speaking terms,用于人际交往上是指仅仅相识而已,只是泛泛之交。那么在我们关系不是很亲密的时候

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(84) / 评论(0) 分类 英语早间课堂

Methods for Quitting Smoking Lisa: This is it. Im quitting smoking for good. Michael: Good for you. Are you going cold turkey? Lisa: No, I tried that, but it didnt work. I craved cigarettes too much. Michael: How about nicotine gum? Have you tried th

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年ESL之就医和人际交往

Problems Getting Along With Family Oscar: So youre back from your mothers birthday dinner. How was it? Priscilla: Same old, same old. It isnt a family gathering without a major meltdown or blowup. Oscar: Yikes, what happened? Priscilla: You know how

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年ESL之就医和人际交往

Giving Bribes to Children for Good Behavior Camille: No, you cant have a new bike if you get an A on the test. You should study because you want to do well in school. Well talk about it when I get home tonight. Kids! Aaron: Whats the matter? Camille:

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年ESL之就医和人际交往

Unconventional Marriages Karam: You and Daniel have been dating for over a year. Are you guys thinking of tying the knot? Raphaela: Im not sure. Neither Daniel nor I believe in following conventions. Were both open to an unconventional relationship.

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年ESL之就医和人际交往

Child Sports Injuries Angela: Wait! I need to put sunscreen on Davy before he goes to the game. Juan: Its not sunny today. He doesnt need sunscreen. Angela: And here are four water bottles to make sure he stays hydrated and doesnt get heat stroke. Ju

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年ESL之就医和人际交往

Getting Immunizations Required by Schools Jonas: Hi, Jenny. Are you getting your kids ready for school, too? Jenny: Yes, as you can see, were buying lots of school supplies. Jonas: Did you get the school letter reminding parents to submit proof of im

发表于:2019-02-26 / 阅读(107) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年ESL之就医和人际交往