Getting Shocking News Karla: You look like youve had a shock. Chris: Yeah, that phone call threw me for a loop. My ex-girlfriend is pregnant and she wants me to take a paternity test. Karla: Wow, thats quite a bombshell. Are you going to do it? Chris

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年ESL之就医和人际交往

Getting a Divorce Nicole: Im really sorry to hear about you and Catherine getting a divorce. Tom: I appreciate it, but it was a long time coming. Weve been heading toward divorce for years. I just hope it doesnt get too messy. Nicole: I dont mean to

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年ESL之就医和人际交往

Fad Dieting Joel: You dont look so hot. Are you okay? Beatrice: Im perfectly fine. Joel: Oh, and youre grouchy, too. Dont tell me. Youre dieting again. Beatrice: Just leave me alone. Im not popping pills or anything like that. Im just trying to shed

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年ESL之就医和人际交往

21 War-Related Disabilities GLOSSARY veteran a person who served in the military during a war; a person who hascompleted military service * Jakes great-grandfather is a World War II veteran. rewarding giving one a sense of fulfillment and satisfactio

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年ESL之就医和人际交往

17 Snooping and Eavesdropping GLOSSARY to talk (someone) into (something) to get another person to agree to do something that he or she doesnt really want to do * How did you talk Mousari into buying your car at that price? to rifle through to quickl

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 2009年ESL之就医和人际交往

Getting a Second Opinion Greg: Where are you going? Anne: Im going to see another doctor to get a second opinion. My doctor diagnosed me with a serious medical condition and I dont want to take it at face value. Greg: Youre second- guessing your doct

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年ESL之就医和人际交往

Getting an Unexpected Marriage Proposal Sean: By now, I think you know how I feel about you. Im madly in love with you and I believe in my heart of hearts that youre my soul mate. Ayako: Thats really sweet of you to say. Sean: And because I feel the

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年ESL之就医和人际交往

Worrying About Your Children Pavel: Im really worried about Hanna. Shes been hanging around with that girl Carla, and Carla runs with the wrong crowd. Hillary: Hanna is rebelling a little. Thats natural at her age. When I was her age, I thought I kne

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(90) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年ESL之就医和人际交往

06 Traveling for Singles GLOSSARY singles cruise a vacation of several days on a very large boat, designed onlyfor people who are not in a romantic relationship and are looking for a partner * We enjoyed dances every night on the singles cruise. They

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年ESL之就医和人际交往

03 Being a Strict Parent GLOSSARY to spoil (someone) rotten to do many nice things for the enjoyment of anotherperson, and especially a child, avoiding rules or anything negative * Her aunt spoils her rotten, always buying her candy, ice cream, toys,

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年ESL之就医和人际交往

12 Buying Glasses GLOSSARY sunglasses glasses that are worn to protect ones eyes from bright sunshine and other strong lights * Do you know where my sunglasses are? Its really bright outside and I cant see anything. frames the metal or plastic part t

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 2009年ESL之就医和人际交往

11 Marrying a Gold Digger GLOSSARY boy toy a young, attractive man whom one dates for fun or for ashort period of time, without being very serious about the relationship * Melina really likes to date. She must have had at least 10 boy toys in the pas

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(118) / 评论(0) 分类 2009年ESL之就医和人际交往

09 Having Limited Mobility GLOSSARY crutch one of two long sticks where one puts one end under ones armpit(between ones arm and body) and the other end reaches the ground, used to support ones weight and help one walk when one cannot put very much we

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(117) / 评论(0) 分类 2009年ESL之就医和人际交往

07 Having Trouble Sleeping GLOSSARY newlyweds people who married each other recently, usually within the past year * Do you think newlyweds fight more or less often than people who have been married for many years? to go with the territory to be expe

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(107) / 评论(0) 分类 2009年ESL之就医和人际交往

03 Ending a Bad Date GLOSSARY from hell horrible; as bad as something can possibly be; extremely unpleasant * Ive had a day from hell: I ran out of gas in my car,I spilled my coffee on my pants, I lost my keys, and my wallet was stolen. creep an unpl

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(91) / 评论(0) 分类 2009年ESL之就医和人际交往

11Meeting the Future In-laws GLOSSARY I dont mind telling you a phrase used to mean I want to tell you or Imnot embarrassed or frightened to tell you * Weve always told each other our secrets, so I dont mind telling you about theembarrassing thing th

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年ESL之就医和人际交往

06Good Hygiene GLOSSARY training a class or workshop to learn something, usually where one works* Everyone in that department is going to a computer training on Thursday. hygiene cleanliness for health; being clean to avoid sickness* One thing the ma

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(79) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年ESL之就医和人际交往

01Asking for a Date GLOSSARY to admit to saythat something is trueeven if one doesnt want to; to confess* Last week, one of the football playeron the championship teamadmitted that he had used illegal drugs to build stronger muscles. player a man who

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年ESL之就医和人际交往

Getting a Marriage License Yves: Help me fill out this application for our marriage license. Vanessa: Cant you do it? Im really busy with work right now. Do as much as you can and just ask me if you dont know something. Yves: Okay, Ill try, but Im re

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(82) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年ESL之就医和人际交往

Using Caffeine as a Stimulant Joan: Hi, how are you? What are you doing? What is this? Roberto: Whoa! Youre very high- strung this morning. Joan: Am I? I am a little wired. Ive been up all night trying to finish an assignment for one of my classes. R

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(111) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年ESL之就医和人际交往