17 Hints and Innuendo GLOSSARY coming up happening in the near future; occurring soon * Coming up next, well talk to a man who has three pet bears. to get at to say indirectly; to communicate something to another person withoutsaying it directly; to

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年ESL之就医和人际交往

Dealing With a Bothersome Person Melissa: I hate that guy Reuben. Hes always getting in my face. Conan: Ooh, I sense some serious sexual tension between the two of you. Melissa: Sexual tension? Are you out of your mind? He does nothing but give me a

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年ESL之就医和人际交往

19 Resembling Ones Parents GLOSSARY photo album a book with special pages that hold photographs under plastic sothat they are protected and can be viewed easily * Did you make a photo album for your babys first year? incriminating making someone seem

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年ESL之就医和人际交往

18 Moving Out of a Home GLOSSARY to move in to begin living in a new place; to move all of ones belongings into ahome so that one can begin living there * Dont forget to call the electricity and gas companies to set up your accountsbefore you move in

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年ESL之就医和人际交往

16 Getting Plastic Surgery GLOSSARY plastic surgery / cosmetic surgery one of many medical procedures that involves cutting into ones skin to make one more attractive or beautiful * Shes thinking about having plastic surgery to make her nose smaller.

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(200) / 评论(0) 分类 2009年ESL之就医和人际交往

18 Describing Family Relations GLOSSARY family reunion an event where relatives meet, usually for a few days, to reconnect and strengthen their relationships with one another * Last summer, we went to our family reunion and met alot of cousins for th

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(84) / 评论(0) 分类 2009年ESL之就医和人际交往

15 Guarding Ones Privacy GLOSSARY drawn closed, used when talking about curtains or drapes * They always sleep with the curtains drawn. privacy the ability to be alone and keep ones personal information and actions secret, so that other people do not

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 2009年ESL之就医和人际交往

22 Making Funeral and Burial Arrangements GLOSSARY funeral a ceremony after a person has died, putting the body somewhere and allowing other people to say goodbye * Have you thought about what kind of funeral you want to have when you die? mourner a

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(190) / 评论(0) 分类 2009年ESL之就医和人际交往

20Describing Peoples Moods GLOSSARY mood the way that a person feels at a particular time* Brianna was in a bad mood after the dentist told her that she needed surgery. allowance a small amount of money that some parents give to their children each w

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年ESL之就医和人际交往

Having Breathing Problems Russ: Why are you wheezing like that? Cheryl: Im not wheezing. Im just a little short of breath. My lungs feel like theyve closed up. Russ: Maybe you should get that checked out. You could have asthma. Cheryl: Do you really

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年ESL之就医和人际交往

Being Diagnosed With and Treated For Cancer Vivian: Do you see this lump? Im sure I have cancer. Guy: Dont jump to conclusions. It could be something completely benign. Vivian: I know its not benign. Its got to be a malignant tumor. The cancer is pro

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年ESL之就医和人际交往

Making a Will Last week, I got a wake-up call. One of my oldest friends from high school died suddenly in an accident, leaving no will. With no estate planning at all, his assets went into probate and his dependents were left in limbo. My friend was

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年ESL之就医和人际交往

04 Demanding an Apology GLOSSARY uncalled for inappropriate and unacceptable; not reasonable * I know youre frustrated we didnt get the contract, but yelling at your employeesis uncalled for. apology a statement where one says one is sorry for what o

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(113) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年ESL之就医和人际交往

Taking Care of Your Teeth Martha: Oh, I have a toothache! George: It sounds like youre in for a visit to the dentist. Martha: That would be the last resort. I hate going to the dentist. I dont like needles and the sound of the drill scares me to deat

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(93) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年ESL之就医和人际交往

Giving CPR Joyce: Lie down on the floor. Steve: Why? Joyce: I have to practice for my CPR exam tomorrow. Im taking it so I can get my CPR certification. Lie down please. Steve: Okay, okay. Now what do I do? Joyce: You just lie there and pretend to be

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(82) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年ESL之就医和人际交往

Speaking to a Baby or Young Child My sister had to go out of town for a couple of days and I offered to look after her 18-month-old twins. It wasnt long before I realized that I was over my head! ... Colleen: Okay, you two, its time to go beddy-bye.

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(91) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年ESL之就医和人际交往

12 Calling for an Ambulance GLOSSARY to lose consciousness to faint; to black out; to become unaware of where oneis and what is happening around oneself for a period of time, often because onehas been hit on the head or has had too much to drink * Ha

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年ESL之就医和人际交往

11 Suggesting a Nightcap GLOSSARY to slur to speak slowly and unclearly, without pausing between ones words,often because one is drunk or has taken too much medicine * Whenever Randy takes sleeping pills, his speech becomes slurred for a whilebefore

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年ESL之就医和人际交往

09 Having Skin Problems GLOSSARY rash a group of red marks on ones skin, possibly itchy * Have you ever gotten a rash from touching poison oak? exam table a bed-like table in a doctors office where patients can sit or liedown while a doctor examines

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(79) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年ESL之就医和人际交往

13 Seeing a Dentist GLOSSARY check-up an exam where a dentist or doctor considers ones health and looks for any problems * The last time I went in for a check-up, the doctor hadmy blood tested for cholesterol and glucose. cleaning the process of havi

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 2009年ESL之就医和人际交往