Spamalot , Doubt Earn Top Tony Awards 《火腿骑士》,《怀颖》获托尼戏剧奖 Monty Python's Spamalot has been a sold-out hit since it opened on Broadway in March. The much anticipated mus

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2005(下)--文化教育动态

Mental Stimulation Might Cut Dementia Risk People who engage in mentally-stimulating activities over a lifetime have lower levels of a protein in the brain associated with Alzheimer's disease, a new study finds. That supports other research which sug

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(二月)

Lessons 85-86 Listen and enjoy Love changes everything Love, love changes everything, hands and faces, earth and sky Love, love changes everything, how you live and how you die Love can make the summer fly or a night seem like a lifetime Yes love, lo

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 新概念英语之全新全译·1

The way we sample much of the world's oceans, to see what's living down there, is pretty basic: Ask fishermen. Or just stick a net down there, and examine what we catch. Neither method is ideal. Because you basically catch the fish and kill them. Phi

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年Scientific American(十一)月

图片1 permanent adj. 永久的,持久的 例句:Spencer was taken on for a three-month trial period before being accepted as a permanent member of staff. 在斯宾塞被接受为固定雇员之前经过了三个月的试用期。 perpetual adj.

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 漫画搞定六级词汇(文本+音频)

Hello, welcome to Faith Radio Online-Simply to Relax, Im Faith You are enrolled in a full-time school called life. Each day in this school you will have the opportunity to learn lessons. You may like the lessons or hate them, but you have designed t

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 Faith轻松电台

I'm, not falling in love Not chasing a dream Or painting a picture of you Stand, with feet on the ground Not holding my breath Just waiting for time to bring you Near, I'm holding you close I try to be patient The distance between us breaks me Soon,

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 影视英文歌曲

Precious Burden是瑞典歌手苏菲珊曼妮(Sophie Zelmani)同名专辑Precious Burden中的歌曲。这首歌的风格是Sophie Zelmani一贯的Indie Rock/Indie Pop,带着浓郁的Swedish色彩。 歌词 Precious Burden ------Sophie Zelmani

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 舞曲狂欢

Americana Music Industry Hands Out Honors Booker T. Jones of Booker T The MGs fame opened the two-and-a-half-hour-long awards ceremony by performing his classic hit Green Onions with a star-studded band that included Richard Thompson on electric guit

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(九月)

Young Singer Wins Chance of a Lifetime The National Anthem can be a challenge, but more than two dozen singers, aged eight to 17, gave it their best shot for a chance to perform it with the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra. They come on stage and they ar

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(六月)

主持人Mike Bond和杨琳带你走进他们幽默搞怪的日常生活,带你边玩边学地道美语!今天,阿拉丁神话发生了!Mike遇到了时间精灵,能把他送回过去!Mike能挽回他的一生挚爱吗?来看下集! 1

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 美语怎么说

歌手:Dan Fogelberg 中文翻译:Oliver Born in the valley And raised in the trees Of Western Kentucky On wobbly knees With mama beside you To help you along You'll soon be a growing up strong. 山谷中出生 林野间成长 肯塔基之西 你微颤着站起 有妈妈在身旁

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 美国乡村音乐

DAVID GREENE, HOST: And sometimes being part of a fan community means finding a welcoming group of like-minded people. Other times, fellow fans may not be so nice. Like, maybe you don't want to be in a comic club with Comic Book Guy from The Simpsons

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台11月

The question was once asked of a highly successful businessman, How have you done so much in your lifetime? He replied, I have dreamed. I have turned my mind loose to imagine what I wanted to do. Then I have gone to bed and thought about my dreams.

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 白领英语晨读

I was shocked. I was truly shocked. I never thought Iwould see an event like this over a major city during my lifetime. We couldnt predict this was going to happen. The pieceof rock that actually entered the atmosphere was relatively small, maybe onl

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 探索与发现2014年

这首《Could I have this kiss forever》堪称20世纪末最动人的男女对唱情歌,由流行天后Whitney Houston和拉丁天王Enrique iglesias联袂献唱,收录在Enrique个人第一张英语专辑《Enrique》中。 他们的表演激情

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 英文特辑精选

Robbie Williams在新单曲Shame中重与Take That乐队主唱Gary Barlow合作,一段与Take That理不清的缠绵旧事,一并抒发在怀旧的旋律中 Well theres three versions of this story mine, yours and then the truth And we can put it

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英文最新流行歌曲

SCOTT SIMON, HOST: Jeffrey Tambor is a star at an age which a lot of other stars have already burned out. He's been a professional working actor since the early '70s. He's done Shakespeare and Avis commercials, Hollywood Squares and La Cage Aux Folle

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(115) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台5月

Feel your heart beating fast Hold me close make this last We knew this day would come So take a breath leave me and Was so scared of you leaving Wish we could both just run Wish we could run it off But we cant stop time Seems the clock is running too

发表于:2019-02-20 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英文最新流行歌曲

Topics: Famous Authors: Stephen King; Traffic School; cost versus charge versus fee; in a New York minute; couple Words: horror psychic clown series to follow the book lifetime achievement traffic school drivers ed to speed to lose (ones) drivers lic

发表于:2019-03-05 / 阅读(104) / 评论(0) 分类 美语听力 English Cafe