costume 化装服 She intended to dress up as a ghost and as she had made her costume the night before, 她打算装扮鬼的模样,化装服头天晚上就做好了, she was impatient to try it on. 这会儿她急于穿上试试。 We went to a

发表于:2018-11-27 / 阅读(853) / 评论(0) 分类 新概念英语词汇随身听手册3

幽默笑话:葬礼 A funeral service is being held for a woman who has just passed away. 有一场刚过世的女子的葬礼正在举行。 At the end of the pall bearers are carrying the casket out when they accidentally bump into a wall, shaking

发表于:2018-11-29 / 阅读(105) / 评论(0) 分类 趣味英语

Part One听辨练习 A. If the sentences are read with a rising intonation, use a question mark (?). If read with a falling intonation (a statement), use a period (.). Listen and repeat . That’s you

发表于:2018-12-10 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 4+1听力口语MP3

71.What was all that about? Did you say something to offend him? 72.Is he going to enroll, do you think? I could do with some more students in my intermediate class. 73.No, he suddenly remembered he h

发表于:2018-12-12 / 阅读(125) / 评论(0) 分类 华尔街高级英语

[00:00.51] 3.The Importance of Time [00:06.28]There, in the rush of his busy life, Jack had little time to think about the past and often no time to spend with his wife and son. [00:15.10]He was working on his future and nothing could stop him. [00:1

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 温馨夜读II

1. A levee near Gulfport, Illinois was not able to hold back the rising water of the Mississippi river. Officials are urging residents to evacuate from waterlogged areas near the state line. They say there have been more than a half dozen levee brea

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(106) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2008年6月

Your Phone Might Be Listening to You 你的手机或正在监听你 A recent piece of audience mail expressed concern about the listening capability of smart phones. The writer said she had been planning a funeral and searched on Google for funeral h

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(六)月

A: Sarah. You look terrible. What's wrong? B: My grandmother just passed away. A: I'm so sorry to hear that. When did this happen? B: A couple of days ago. I just go back from the funeral. A: Is there anything I can do? B: No... not really. The sad t

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 对话类英语听力

A woman went into a funeral home to make arrangements for her husband's funeral. She told the director that she wanted her husband to be buried in a dark blue suit. He asked, Wouldn't it just be easier to bury him in the black suit that he's wearing?

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(79) / 评论(0) 分类 趣味英语

When most people think of high-paying jobs, there are several classic well-to-do professions that jump to mind. For example, everyone knows that more often than not, lawyers, doctors and CEOs are likely to see a pretty hefty paycheck each year. 当大多

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(126) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Cycling is very popular in Denmarks capital Copenhagen. The city has hundreds of kilometers of bicycle lanes, and 20 percent of commuters go to work on their bikes. Now, a funeral director has made a bicycle hearse to ensure that some can make their

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 CCTV9英语新闻2014年07月

He loves chocolate chip cookies 他爱吃巧克力块曲奇 An old man was laying on his death bed. He had only hours to live when he suddenly smelled chocolate chip cookies. He loved chocolate chip cookies more than anything else in the world. With

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 趣味英语

据报道,在清明节即将到来之际,民政部在一个论坛上鼓励民众实行网上葬礼。民政部官员称网上葬礼将避免自然资源的浪费,便于人们纪念死者。然而由于这一理念和中国传统观念相冲突,

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语

A Touching Farewell 一个感人的告别 Two old friends were out golfing. 两个老朋友出外打高尔夫球, As they were preparing to tee off near a road, 当他们在一处路旁准备开球时, a funeral cortege drove by and one of the tw

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 经典双语笑话

Jerry's brother Dean was years older than Jerry. Jerry and his wife were visiting Dean and his wife. It was shortly after their mom's funeral. Jerry said, No more funerals for me. I went to Dad's. I went to Mom's. Enough is enough. I want to remember

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)

The classic signs of low emotionalintelligence 经典的低情商表现 Thinking that other people are overly sensitive. 认为别人过分敏感 People who are low in EQ might crack off jokes at inappropriate times. 低情商的人总是在不恰当的

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力广播—Listening

Rioters plunged part of Baltimore into chaos Monday, torching a pharmacy, setting police cars ablaze and throwing bricks at officers just hours after the funeral of 25-year-old Freddie Gray, a black man who died from a mysterious spinal injury sustai

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

HARI SREENIVASAN: We turn now to the ongoing civil war in Yemen, where the civilian death toll grew over the weekend. More than 140 people died after what witnesses say was an airstrike on a funeral on Saturday in the capital city of Sanaa. The Saudi

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 PBS访谈社会系列

This is must be the funeral of my soul I've never before felt so cold It feels like thorns through my heart Like claws tearing me apart You got to chase your demons on the run Put out their fire, their dark desires The exorcism has begun Slaying all,

发表于:2019-03-02 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 英文摇滚歌曲

favorable a.有利的 Do not take any action until the situation is favorable to us.=Do not take any action until the situation is in our favor. 直到情况对我们有利之后再采取任何行动。 favorably adv.有利地 Teddy reviewed the musi

发表于:2019-03-17 / 阅读(304) / 评论(0) 分类 赖世雄进阶英语词汇3500