1.Annual check-up 年度例行身体检查 A:Hello John, I need to go for my annual check-up, I need to take this morinig off. B:No problem, go ahead. A:你好,约翰,我要去做每年例行身体检查,所以今天上午想请个假。 B:没问题,去吧。 2. Family issues 家庭问

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 天天商务口语

Reading an Obituary Ivy: This is so sad! Stephan: What is? Ivy: Im reading the obituary for one of my favorite actors as a child, Mr. McBoo. He had quite a life. Stephan: Oh, yeah? Ivy: Yeah, and this article has really done him justice. Its a nice t

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年ESL之日常生活

A: Sarah. You look terrible. What's wrong? B: My grandmother just passed away. A: I'm so sorry to hear that. When did this happen? B: A couple of days ago. I just go back from the funeral. A: Is there anything I can do? B: No... not really. The sad t

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(24) / 评论(0) 分类 中级-Intermediate Listening

Sense and Sensibility Chapter 1 The Dashwood Family had long been settled in Sussex, in southeastern England. They lived in a grand home at Norlan Park and owned quite a bit land. The Dashwood was a quite respectable family that had lived on the lan

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 有声名著之理智与情感

Keep this list handy. Ask yourself these questions every day--without fail. And then, based on your answers, take action. 把这份清单放在手边。每天问问自己下面的问题 一定要回答。然后,基于自己的回答,采取行动。

发表于:2018-12-12 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 励志英语

有声名著之双城记 CHAPTER XIV The Honest Tradesman TO the eyes of Mr. Jeremiah Cruncher, sitting on his stool in Fleet Street with his grisly urchin beside him, a vast number and variety of objects in movement were every day presented. Who coul

发表于:2018-12-14 / 阅读(99) / 评论(0) 分类 有声名著之双城记

Poland mourns the death of a president. Lech Kaczynski and his wife were laid to rest today more than a week after they were killed in a plane crash in Russia. They were among 95 people who died. Many of the others were also members of Polands politi

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年NPR美国国家公共电台4月

11 Calling in Sick to Work GLOSSARY fed up very frustrated with something; very tired of doing something and notwanting to do it anymore* Im fed up with hearing you two argue all the time! Why cant you just befriends? to call in sick to call ones sup

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年ESL之商务英语

在新西兰有很多小岛,岛上有部落,部落有各自的首领,当他们的王去世后,你见过他们的祭奠仪式吗? Chris: Hello and welcome to 6 Minute English from BBC Learning English. I'm Chris. Rosie: And I'm Rosie. Chris:

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 一起听英语

1. What can we assume about the death of Tim's father? A. He fell ill and passed away unexpectedly. B. His father died in a traffic accident. C. Tim's dad had a lingering illness. 2. How is his mother taking the passing of her husband? A. She feels v

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 听英文对话做选择

模仿文本:And it's 65 years since the funeral of Mahatma Gandhi, the man Indians call the Father of their nation. Louise Hidalgo has been talking to the daughter of the last British Viceroy of India, who is among the mourners. 译文:圣雄甘地

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 英音模仿秀

【英文原文】 Everybody went to little Hans' funeral, as he was so popular, and the Miller was the chief mourner. 'As I was his best friend,' said the Miller, 'it is only fair that I should have the best place'; so he walked at the head of the p

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 英语散文阅读

By Paul Thompson Broadcast: November 28, 2004 (THEME) VOICE ONE: Im Shirley Griffith. VOICE TWO: And Im Doug Johnson with People in America in VOA Special English. Today we tell about a young woman named Virginia Patterson Hensley. No one but her fam

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

This is Whats Trending Today. It turns out the warming climate is good for something. The children of Marcelin and Francine Dumoulin of Switzerland finally might find out what happened to their parents 75 years ago. One daughter, 79-year-old Marcelin

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年VOA慢速英语(七)月

Former United States President George Herbert Walker Bush is in a hospital in Houston, Texas. He is sick with sepsis, an infection of the blood. A spokesman said Bush was admitted for medical treatment Sunday, the morning after the funeral of his wif

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(四)月

AS IT IS 2016-06-11 World Bids Farewell to Muhammad Ali The Greatest boxer in history, Muhammad Ali, was laid to rest in his hometown of Louisville, Kentucky on Friday. Friends and family transferred a red casket carrying Ali from a funeral home to a

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(六)月

Akane: Hey, Ruth. Ruth: Hi, Akane. Akane: So, um, how big is your immediate family? Ruth: Ah, there are four of us. Akane: Four people, OK. Whose in it? Ruth: Not big really. Well, there's my mum and my dad and my older brother and then there's me. A

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(86) / 评论(0) 分类 英语访谈对话

Funerals for the victims of the Eastern Star ship tragedy are being held at the Rongcheng funeral home in Jianli County, Hubei province. Dozens of morticians are helping with the funeral arrangements. Encoffiners move a body of the victims of the cap

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 cctv9英语新闻2015年

Hollywood acting legend Elizabeth Taylor was given a small, private funeral(葬礼) Thursday at Forest Lawn cemetery outside Los Angeles, the same cemetery where her good friend, entertainer Michael Jackson was buried. Taylor's family and close f

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

I'll take care of my attendance. 我以后会注意出勤的 take care of... 照顾;注意;抚养 Don't worry about me,I can take care of myself. 不要担心我,我能照顾我自己。 We need to take care of our bodies. 我们需要注意自己

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 跟艾米莉一起学口语