FD: It may comfort you to know that many people attended his viewing. Holly:How did they hear? No one called. FD: In times of loss, it is often hard to pick up the phone. But his whole family was here. Holly:His mom and dad must be destroyed. He was

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(85) / 评论(0) 分类 Eztalk美语会话

[00:25.58]Great Grandma's Strange Story [00:36.86]曾祖母的奇怪故事 [00:50.83]I love listening to my great-grandma's stories, [00:54.27]so I didn't object when she started to tell me a story [00:57.78]about one of her strange experiences [01:00.14]ove

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 英语灵异故事

'Funeral of the Future' Memorializes With Digital Footprints LOS ANGELES When a person dies in this age of social media, his digital imprint may live on. One California artist is exploring how to use digital artifacts to create a futuristic funeral.

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(279) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2016年(九月)

网上直播葬礼 把距离拉近或拉远? These days a lot of people say they live on the Web - checking sports scores, reading online newspapers, downloading music and videos, and so forth. 现在有很多人说他们在网上过日子,他们上

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(106) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2012年4月

And now, the VOA Special English program American Stories. Our story today is called Singing Woman. It was written by Ada Jack Carver in 1927. She won an O. Henry Award for the story. Singing Woman is about an old professional mourner in the southern

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 美国故事

Edith called her husband Archie. Daddy's dead. I was holding his hand when he died. Our son's wedding is tomorrow. What are we going to do? she asked. I just left the nursing home. Should we tell Earl or not? He loved Daddy so much. Archie said, Well

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 简单慢速英语阅读

影片对白 Chandler: Hey, gorgeous . Shelley: Hey. Look, I'm sorry about yesterday, I, um- Chandler: No, nono, don't- don't worry about it. Believe me, apparently other people have made the same mistake. Shelley: Oh! Okay! Phew! Chandler: So, uh... wh

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 影视英语

1. A website is claiming that 7 NFL football stadiums will be hit with radiological dirty bomb s this weekend. But the government is expressing doubts about the threat, telling the public to continue

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(93) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2006

1. Five of the seven terror suspects arrested yesterday have made their initial court appearance in Miami. They're accused of plotting to bomb the Sears Tower in Chicago and other buildings. Security

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(84) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2006

On the drive to the funeral home Yi-jun: Don't we need to give a white envelope with money for the family, though? Holly: No. People give plates of food. The food is brought to the reception or in the weeks following. Yi-jun: At the reception? Holly:

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 Eztalk美语会话

Thousands of Sudanese attended a state funeral for former president Jaafar Nimeiri, who led the country from 1969 to 1985. Mr. Nimeiri died Saturday, at age 79. A Sudanese holds a poster showing former Sudanese President Gaafar Numeiri during his mi

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2009年(六月)

The political opposition in Iran says hundreds of thousands of people turned out for the funeral of Grand Ayatollah Hossein Ali Montazeri. The dissident cleric, who died Sunday at the age of 87, had been a spiritual guide for opponents of the governm

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2009年(十二月)

Leader of Egyptian Jews Honored at Funeral Egypt's fading Jewish community has receded even further. Carmen Weinstein, the leader of about 20 elderly women who make up the last of Cairo's once vibrant Jewish presence, was laid to rest Thursday. She w

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2013年(四月)

【例二】 Sunny Company 34 Zhongcheng Road Jinlian Building Shanghai September 12, 2001 Sales manager Elegance Clothing Company 45 West Street, Nanjing Jiangsu Province Dear Mr. Chang: On September

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(121) / 评论(0) 分类 考研英语

SCOTT SIMON, HOST: A weeklong tribute for the Queen of Soul came to a close in Detroit yesterday. Thousands turned out for Aretha Franklin's funeral at Greater Grace Temple to celebrate a superstar and her musical legacy. NPR's Cheryl Corley reports

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台9月

Yi-jun is looking in the paper Yi-jun: I don't know what to say. This can't be happening. Here's the obituary. Holly: It's really there? This all seems so surreal-like it's all one big nightmare. Yi-jun: But it explains why Taylor isn't answering and

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 Eztalk美语会话

Hello and Welcome to News and Reports on China Radio International. In This EditionChina's lunar probe Chang'e-3, with the country's first moon rover onboard, successfully lands on the moon. The state funeral service for former South African Presiden

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻与报道—News and Reports

Only gravedigger in town 镇上唯一的掘墓人 词汇扫描 seminar ['seminɑ:] 讨论班 make up 补偿 insist [in'sist] 坚持 postpone [p?ust'p?un] 推迟 英文原文 One of my students could not take my college seminar final exam because of a

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英语笑话(MP3+文本)

Sheldon:Amy. Amy. Oh, right,funeral. Amy. Amy: Hello, Sheldon. Sheldon:I'm not allowed to wear mySilver Surfer neck tie, but you can wear a bathrobe? Amy: I think I'm too sick to go to the funeral. Sheldon: You're sick? You poorkid. Well, see y

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(23) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着美剧练发音

The death toll from the sinking of the Eastern Star cruise ship rose sharply to over 400 on Saturday, after the upturned hull was lifted out of the water. Only 14 people survived the accident, while 36 remain missing. Rescuers have extended their sea

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 2015CRI中国国际广播电台