HOST: Welcome to AMERICAN MOSAIC in VOA Special English. (MUSIC) I'm Doug Johnson. Today, we play music from a new album by Animal Collective And answer a question about funeral traditions in the United States But first, we tell about a new organizat

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(96) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2009年(十二)月

never too late to become what you want to be 梦想终有成真时 the first day of school our professor introduced a little old lady to us. 开学第一天,教授把一位小个子老太太介绍给了我们。 why are you in college at such a you

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台8月

The funeral director stops Holly and Yi-jun as they enter FD: I'm sorry, ladies. Mr. Smith's viewing is over. It ended an hour ago. Holly:But we just drove across town. Can't we just go in to see him one last... FD: I'm afraid not. But at tomorrow's

发表于:2018-12-14 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 Eztalk美语会话

Stories of survival and acts of desperation in a country of reeling from natural disaster. An official from one relief organization described the situation in the Philippines as hideous. First, we bring you some perspectives on this. This gives you a

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN2013年(十一)月

【生词预览】 warranty 保证, coffin 棺材, mortuary 太平间, exhume 挖出 【笑话原文】 LifetimeWarranty Afterburyinghismotherninemonthslater,aclientofthelocalmortuaryfinallyhadenoughmoneytopurchasetheexpensivecoffinhismotherori

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 英语笑话(MP3+文本)

I think hes gorgeous. I really like him. Hes really handsome and I love his movies. Hugh Grant was good in Bridget Jones. The first one anyway. Hes ok, not a bad actor. Hes never been my favourite or popular with me, hes ok. I have no opinion about t

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(25) / 评论(0) 分类 英语时差8,16

In the isolated Torajan valley, this is the season for death. Most funerals come after the rice harvest in late summer, early fall. For Torajans, funerals are their most important ceremony. After a person dies, months go by before the actual funeral.

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(108) / 评论(0) 分类 国家地理2007年

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 英文笑话

AS IT IS 2014-05-12 Music You Wont Hear Anywhere Else Hello, and welcome to As It Is from VOA Learning English! Im Christopher Cruise in Washington. Today on the program we will hear music from one of the oldest neighborhoods in New Orleans, Louisian

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年VOA慢速英语(五)月

Demonstrations and protests over the death of a Greek teenager, who was shot by a police officer on Saturday, have continued throughout Greece and even spread to foreign capitals like London, Nicosia and Berlin. Four days after the shooting, the pro

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2008年(十二月)

This is a April 7, 1994 file photo of singer-actress in New York City. Singer Lena Horne, who broke racial barriers as a Hollywood and Broadway star famed for her velvety rendition of Stormy Weather, has died at age 92. Lena Horne, the iconic African

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(五)月

The TransAsia crash is Taiwans first deadly civil aviation accident in more than 10 years. It left 48 people dead. And their grieving relatives gathered at a funeral home on Penghu island on Friday to mourn their loved ones. Full story Rescue and rec

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(85) / 评论(0) 分类 CCTV9英语新闻2014年07月

It took a man like Madiba to free not justthe prisoner but the jailer as well. To show that you must trust others so theymay trust you. To teach that reconciliation is not a matter of ignoring a cruelpast but a means of confronting it with an inclusi

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(106) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN2013年(十二)月

主餐一道:泛听练习 以下段落是摘自新闻里的一些重要信息,并不是一个段落的听写。空内信息可在本新闻中全部找到,大家可以根据这些信息复述新闻。 一、泛听建议: 1、完整听一遍,掌握

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 NPR边听边练

以下段落是摘自新闻里的一些重要信息,并不是一个段落的听写。空内信息可在本新闻中全部找到,大家可以根据这些信息复述新闻。 一、泛听建议: 1、完整听一遍,掌握大意。 2、继续听,特

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 NPR边听边练

-Stepping into their shadow?-Yeah. It's like that. -It's 2014. India's got a space program. That's incredible. -That's India. Cremations here are public but rich events. The oldest son of the deceased's family leads the funeral rites. First, the body

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2015年

He was sad. His grandma had died. He loved his grandmother. She raised him. She took care of him. She had seen him grow into a man. She was the sweetest woman. She was kind to all. Everybody loved her. She departed at the age of seventy-six. She had

发表于:2019-01-24 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 英语第3级听力-English Level 3

Sir Howard Morrison was buried today. He died on Thursday at the age of 74. His tangi took place at Te Papaioura Marae in Rotorua. More than 6,000 people visited the marae to view the body and share the sadness with the family. A concert was held the

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 新西兰英语

今天我们要学的词是bombshell。 Bombshell, 是指引起震惊的事件。Cuban leader Fidel Castro's decision to retire came as a bombshell, 古巴领导人卡斯特罗决定退休的消息引起了轰动。 纽约时报上星期刊登了关于

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

A family gathers for the funeral of their father; but sibling rivalries and long-hidden secrets turn it from a solemn remembrance into a madcap free-for-all in Death at a Funeral, the American remake of a 2007 British farce. Brian, who is this? You k

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(五)月