Part One听辨练习 A. If the sentences are read with a rising intonation, use a question mark (?). If read with a falling intonation (a statement), use a period (.). Listen and repeat . Thats your sister. The flower is beautiful . She was born in Ch

发表于:2018-11-27 / 阅读(168) / 评论(0) 分类 新东方4+1听力口语

And now, the VOA Special English program American Stories. Our story today is called Singing Woman. It was written by Ada Jack Carver in 1927. She won an O. Henry Award for the story. Singing Woman is about an old professional mourner in the souther

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 听美国故事练听力

[00:02.34]l just saw Mike's counselor. 我刚才去找了迈克的辅导员 [00:06.82]Mike mentioned that you were gonna fix this business up. 迈克说过,你要去摆平那件事 [00:10.98]He's in no trouble? 他现在不会有麻烦了吧? [00

发表于:2018-12-14 / 阅读(96) / 评论(0) 分类 听电影学英语-天气预报员

For a long time, doctor Jackson had wanted to get a perminant job in a certain, big modern hospital. And at last, he was successful. He was appointed to the particular position that he wanted. And he and his wife moved to a house which none was livin

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 英语复述材料-第三辑

Pacemakers are expensive. Though some pacemaker manufacturers have dropped the price down to $800 in poorer countries, thats still out of reach for many. One to two million people die each year because they dont have access to this life-saving techno

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(十)月

What would Mark say at his dad's funeral? His dad was very old. He might die any day. Mark wanted to say something nice about his dad. He wanted to say something memorable. He wanted to say something that showed his love for his dad. But what could h

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)

Good morning. I'm Melissa Long here at the CNN center in Atlanta, with a look at some of the stories that are happening NOW IN THE NEWS. CNN has learned a presidential runoff between Afghan president Hamid Karzai and his main challenger Abdullah Abd

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(156) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN2009年(十)月

1. Outside the Iraqi capital Bag h dad , a suicide blast during a Shiite funeral procession and a car bomb near a market kill / dozens. (一般用这个"Ba gh dad"多) 2. On Capital Hill, lawmak

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(99) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2005

John Smith, 56, died earlier this week. He died of a heart attack. He didn't show up to work on Monday. His boss called his home phone and cell phone. There was no answer. On Tuesday, his boss called again. Again, there was no answer. Then his boss c

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)

今天我们要学的词是bombshell。 Bombshell, 是指引起震惊的事件。Cuban leader Fidel Castro's decision to retire came as a bombshell, 古巴领导人卡斯特罗决定退休的消息引起了轰动。 纽约时报上星期刊登了关于

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英语每日一词

Unit 6 At Times of Loss and Grieving Conversation 1 A : Are you ready to pay your last respects to the deceased? B : Yes, Is the service being held at the church? A : I'm just not sure. I'll have to confirm the location with the funeral director. B

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 交际英语热门话题

本期内容: Preparations started for Muhammad Alis funeral on Friday: an interfaith service, led by an imam, in his home town of Louisville, Kentucky, with Bill Clinton among those speaking. In one of many tributes to the champion boxer, whose de

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 夏说英语新闻晨读

(Act I, Scene II. Hamlet alone in a room, of the castle. Enter Horatio, Marcellus, and Bernardo.) (第一幕,第二场。哈姆雷特单独在城堡一间屋内。霍瑞修、马塞勒斯与勃那多同上) Horatio says: Hail, to your lordship!

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 美国语文第五册

Wanted to flash this watch, I flash it all the time. 一直想炫耀一下这块表,我总是拿它来炫耀。 It's my antique pocket watch, and it makes me look British, and I need that for my analysis. 这是我的古董怀表,它让我带有英

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(85) / 评论(0) 分类 伍迪单口相声精选

TIANJIN, April 4 (Xinhua) -- People in a north China city have been offered a new way to go green -- put the ashes of their loved ones in dissolvable urns and bury them in the soil or in the pond. That is a far cry from the tradition land burial, whi

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

本期内容: Britons are increasingly shunning traditional funerals in favour of more unusual send-offs, which last year included a McDonald's-themed drivethrough event and a service for a magician where the undertakers wore red noses. Two-fifths

发表于:2019-02-20 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 夏说英语新闻晨读

清明节英语怎么说?美国有类似的节日吗?中美对生老病死又有何不同的理解? 关键词: 清明节 Tomb Sweeping Day: 清明节 Tomb: 坟墓 Sweep: 扫 Sweep the floor: 扫地 The lunar calendar: 阴历 There's no equiva

发表于:2019-02-22 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 美国文化脱口秀

I think it's safe to say that all humans will be intimate with death at least once in their lives. But what if that intimacy began long before you faced your own transition from life into death? What would life be like if the dead literally lived alo

发表于:2019-02-23 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语言学习

In the last episode, Carol told us about painting coffins. A person who organises funerals is called an undertaker (or a funeral director but the normal word is undertaker). An undertaker will talk to the family of someone who has died about the sort

发表于:2019-03-01 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 听播客学英语

Gentlemen, Star Wars day is rapidly approaching. We should finalize our plans. 先生们,星战日即刻降临,我们得确定一下最终计划 What? That's a real thing? 什么?还真有这个节日? What is it, Star Wars Christmas? 是什么,星

发表于:2019-03-05 / 阅读(110) / 评论(0) 分类 生活大爆炸第七季