STEVE EMBER: And Im Steve Ember with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. Today we tell about the history of radio and the latest technology. (MUSIC) SHIRLEY GRIFFITH: Our story begins in Britain in eighteen seventy-three. A scientist named James Max

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年VOA慢速英语(十二)月

The children came running in. It was three feet off the ground, and they said, What is this? 孩子们跑了进来。电脑离地面有3英尺,他们问:这是什么? And I said, Yeah, it's, I don't know. So... 我说:唔,这是我不知道。

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

Bees Protect Crops from Wild Elephants in India People in Mayilattumpara, a village in southwest India, could not sleep at night. Because of habitat loss, wild elephants would enter their village to look for food, destroying crops and farmland. The v

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(二)月

文本: S: Brilliant! Yes! Ah, four serial suicides, and now a note! Oh, its Christmas! S: Mrs Hudson, Ill be late. Might need some food. H: Im your landlady, dear, not your housekeeper. S: Something cold will do. John, have a cup of tea, make your

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着英剧练发音

部门聚会 department party A: Salas,could you arrange a department party on Friday evening? B: No problem.I will order tables and meals. A: Do not forget to give me the list of our guests. B: Ok.It'll be ready soon. 生日聚会 birthday party A:

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 外企白领口语速查手册

III. Listening In Task 1: Robbing the Left Shoe Girl: Yes, Id like to report a mugging. Police Officer: Okay. can you tell me exactly what happened? Girl: well, I was walking home from work when this woman knocked me right off my right off my feet, s

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 新视野大学英语:视听说教程 2

SCIENCE REPORT – March 20, 2002: Uterus Transplant Operation By George Grow This is the VOA Special English SCIENCE REPORT. Doctors in Saudi Arabia have performed the first human uterus transplant o

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 科技之光

(THEME) VOICE ONE: This is Steve Ember. VOICE TWO: And this is Faith Lapidus with the VOA Special English program EXPLORATIONS. You are listening to our program today on a radio. Almost no communication would exist in the world without the electromag

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(九)月

The most impressing course in my college life 范文一: When talking about the course which impresses me the most, I will certainly choose Basic Chemical Experiment. As a student of science, I am always fascinated with the magic in test tubes, and

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 英语四级作文范文

It started with a simple experiment: take some graphite - the black stuff in the middle of a pencil - and put a piece of tape over it. When the scientists at the University of Manchester did that, they found that they could develop a material that co

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(十)月

ARI SHAPIRO, HOST: Livestock is a major source of greenhouse gases around the world. Scientists have been trying to find ways to reduce emissions from cows, and they think they might have found a solution in the ocean. NPR's Merrit Kennedy explains.

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台7月

teacher:Good afternoon,everyone. This experiment is to start at 3 o'clock. Have you gone to the instructions? student:Yes,Sir. teacher:Ok. Now,some points for attention. First of all,pay attention to safety. Now,sign your name on the lab record. And

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语900句

As the vast sphere reaches / maximum speed, something incredible happens. Huge lines of magnetism arc in and out of the model core. Well, we can't see the magnetic field coming out of the experiment, we can measure them, we can put many different mag

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2011年

By Catherine Maddux Washington 11 May 2006 An unreleased report by a panel of Nigerian experts says that the U.S. drug manufacturer, Pfizer, violated international and Nigerian law when it conducted a

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(106) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(五月)

Newlywed Alexei Sytev and his fellow crewmembers will spend a year and a half living aboard a virtual spacecraft to simulate an actual space mission to Mars Six astronauts are about to experience what it's like to travel to Mars and back, only withou

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(六)月

Are You Ready? 你准备好了吗? You might have never heard of the CERN laboratory, but this is all about to change. On 10th September 2008 the most powerful scientific experiment ever attempted will take place at this quiet research centre near

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力精选进阶版

STEVE INSKEEP, HOST: Let's ask what a classic test of child psychology shows in a different culture - a test of self-control which involves being presented with a tasty marshmallow, which you're not supposed to eat. Researchers found a culture where

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台7月

Sorry,there is not text temporarily, Please help tingroom to look for it! 如果您能找到更好的听力原文,请发贴到 听力原文收集区 ,您将会获得 10 到 30 积分的奖励 ! Thank you !

发表于:2019-02-26 / 阅读(104) / 评论(0) 分类 不平静的坟墓.the.unquiet.grave

台湾籍旅美老师今天交给我们的句子是: Synesthesia is actually a really common condition, but also it's how our brains work most of the time. So you can do this really simple experiment at home to see what Synesthesia actually looks l

发表于:2019-03-05 / 阅读(146) / 评论(0) 分类 留美老师带你每日说英文

In two studies, scientists showed volunteers a series of words or images while their brains were being monitored. The volunteers were not told it was a memory experiment, so they made no special effort to memorize the words or scenes. After the exper

发表于:2019-03-06 / 阅读(92) / 评论(0) 分类 英语时差8,16