The American space agencys lander InSight is to arrive on Mars Monday. The event will mark the space agencys return to the planet. Unlike NASAs Curiosity rover, which arrived in 2012, InSight will not move across the planets surface. Instead it will

发表于:2018-11-27 / 阅读(346) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(十一)月

My most recent book -- my previous book was called The Know-It-All, 我最新的书--我前一本书叫做《无所不知》, and it was about the year I spent reading the Encyclopedia Britannica from A to Z in my quest to learn everything in the w

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

Callum: Hello, I'm Callum Robertson and this is Entertainment. In this programme we're going to be taking a look at a new exhibition that has recently opened at London's Victoria and Albert Museum The exhibition is entitled Leonardo da Vinci, Experi

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(97) / 评论(0) 分类 Entertainment

A: Hey Joe, how have you been? B: I am doing well. How about you, Mary? A: I am doing OK, Joe. B: There is a new movie at the mall that I want to see. Want to go with me? A: I can't because I already promised my roommate that I would go shopping with

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-约会

The first of April is commonly known as April Fool's day, and it is the custom on this day to pay a trick on a friend. You do this by causing your friend to believe something that it isn't true. If your friend falls into the trap then he or she is an

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(172) / 评论(0) 分类 高等院校英语专业本科听力

[00:15.20]Problem? 有什么问题吗? [00:16.04]The online description was completely misleading. 网上说明太误导人了 [00:16.84]They said eight slots,plus removable id. 上面说有八个插缝 外加一个可抽取的ID卡夹 [00:19.48]To a

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 听电影学英语-生活大爆炸

Light goes through the pupil, the dark hole in the center of your eye. The light becomes an image on the retina, which converts these images into nerve impulses. The brain reads these impulses and tells you what you are seeing. The image that the ret

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英文小故事

Topics: American Movies-Frankenstein; Famous Americans-James Brown; to boost versus to foster versus to encourage; funky; right as rain Words: horrifying to be obsessed experiment laboratory to be capable of nightmare shocking entertainer insufficien

发表于:2018-12-14 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 美语听力 English Cafe

Voice 1 Welcome to Spotlight. Im Anne Muir. Voice 2 And Im Colin Lowther. Spotlight uses a special English method of broadcasting. It is easier for people to understand - no matter where in the world they live. Voice 1 The sound of thunder. Lightning

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 环球英语 Spotlight

Topics: Famous Americans-Jackson Pollock; American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals; to restrain versus to refrain versus to subside; velocity versus quickness; to have been down that road before Words: to settle to experiment landsca

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 美语听力 English Cafe

Social psychologists have long been intrigued by what they call automatic behaviorthe ways people react to stimuli without consciously thinking about their actions. 社会心理学家一直对所谓的自动行为存有浓厚兴趣,这是人们对刺

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 初学者听力文摘精选

Ben Franklin Did Not Get Struck By Lightning Did Ben Franklin really discover electricity with a kite? Everybody has heard the famous story of how pioneering experimenterand part-time founding fatherBen Franklin tied a key to a kite string and flew t

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(224) / 评论(0) 分类 科技之光

[00:00]Da:So we need a new assistant manager. I'd like to offer the job to you. [00:05]De:Are you serious? [00:06]Da:Yeah. Now I'm not gonna lie to you. The job comes with more responsibility, but it offers a lot more rewards. [00:11]A hefty pa

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 英美人天天都在说的4000句:跟着影视学最真实的口语

I want to talk a little bit today about labor and work. When we think about how people work, the naive intuition we have is that people are like rats in a maze -- that all people care about is money, and the moment we give people money, we can direct

发表于:2019-01-24 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语言学习

Four Chinese volunteers who have been living inside a sealed capsule in Shenzhen completed their 180-day survival experiment last Wednesday. 4名中国志愿者于上周三结束了在深圳一个密封舱内的180天生存试验。 The experiment is

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Finland said that it was planning to test the basic income scheme in order to protect state finances and move more people into the labour market by paying a basic income of Euro 560 (Pound 450). 芬兰政府日前表示,该国将就向每位公民发

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(23) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

本期内容: Eli Lilly said that a clinical trial for a new drug to slow the onset of Alzheimers had failed. The drug, solanezumab, was tested on patients with mild cases of Alzheimers, who showed only a slight improvement after 18 months of treat

发表于:2019-02-20 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 夏说英语新闻晨读

Living without the Media 在没有网络媒体的世界中生活 Are you a media addict who would go mad after two hours without TV, friend requests, exciting online games and your mobile or would you easily survive? Recently, university students aro

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力精选进阶版

At one time it was believed that heat was a liquid. Sure, that sounds kind of crazy, but if you think for a second, you might see why. Suppose you have an object thats very hot say a metal spoon thats been sitting in hot coffee. Pick it up and you ca

发表于:2019-02-23 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 英语时差8,16