Doctor Heideggers Experiment by Nathaniel Hawthorne We present the short story Doctor Heidegger's Experiment by Nathaniel Hawthorne. Here is Barbara Klein with the story. That very unusual man, old Doctor Heidegger, once invited four friends to meet

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(二)月

From NPR News in Washington, I'm Nancy Lyons. President Obama is touring New Jersey today, seeing the effects of Hurricane Irene. He comforted a Wayne resident whose home was damaged by last weekend's storm. Are you OK? I'm so sorry. We will be here

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年NPR美国国家公共电台9月

Now if you use the right kind of atoms and you get them cold enough, something truly bizarre happens. 如果使用正确的原子,并让其足够冷却,奇迹就会发生。 It's no longer a solid, a liquid or a gas. It enters a new state of matt

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

LESSoN TEN (B) TEXT B Solving problems Scientifically There are scientific ways in which man solves problems. once his curiosity has been aroused, he uses certain methods and procedures to obtain new

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(83) / 评论(0) 分类 自考英语(一)78讲

Psychology 心理学 Time is not money 时间不等于金钱 Thinking about it makes you a better person, not a worse one 时间观念只会提升人格,绝无裨益 THE love of money, St Paul memorably wrote to his protege Timothy, is the root of

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人科技系列

A 16-year-old girl, a high school student from New York, Anna-Sophia Boguraev, 一个16岁的女孩,一个来自纽约的高中生,Anna-Sophia Boguraev, wondered whether changes to the DNA of astronauts could be related to this immune suppressi

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲科技篇

EXPLORATIONS - The Story of Radio By Paul Thompson Broadcast: Wednesday, June 01, 2005 (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: This is Steve Ember. VOICE TWO: Satellite technology can broadcast radio anywhere. And this is

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 Explorations

It was supposed to be the greatest science experiment ever, and it's certainly the most expensive. The large hadron collider designed to recreate the Big Bang theory with colliding particles has so far cost nearly 10 billion dollars and counting. Sci

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 cnn2009年(十一)月

Men who sound like singer Barry White or actor James Earl Jones can get ahead in the mating game because women remember a deep male voice, scientists have revealed。 Scientists at the University of Aberdeen in Scotland have proved for the first time

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

场景特点:有些课是在实验室上的,就会涉及到实验室专门的词汇和专业内容背景。 常见套路: (1) 实验室课程的专门用语 (2) 实验室设备的专门用语 场景词汇: Laboratory research procedur

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 托福英语

During a research experiment a marine biologist placed a shark into a large holding tank and then released several small bait fish into the tank. 在一个研究实验中,一个海洋生物学家把一条鲨鱼放进一个大的水箱中,然后投放

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

听力题目: 15. (A). She stooped to look at the class. (B). She knew where to seat the man. (C). She wanted to show them the procedure again. (D). She stopped reviewing the experiment. 16. (A). The program will last a quarter of an hour. (B). The

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 托福听力单句训练

My Favourite Game I don't know what you're looking for you haven't found it baby, that's for sure You rip me up and spread me all around in the dust of the deed of time And this is not a case of lust, you see it's not a matter of you versus of me It

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(92) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅

3.3 In the Lab 在实验室 M: Good afternoon, everyone. The experiment is to start at 3:00. Have you gone through the instructions? W: Yes, sir. M: Ok, now some points for attention. First of all, pay attention to safety... Now, sign your names on t

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(86) / 评论(0) 分类 想聊就聊

THAT VERY SINGULAR man, old Dr. Heidegger, once invited four venerable friends to meet him in his study. There were three white-bearded gentlemen, Mr. Medbourne, Colonel Killigrew, and Mr. Gascoigne, and a withered gentlewoman, whose name was the Wid

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇小说

生活大爆炸第一季第八集_2:The Grasshopper Experiment -Penny:Hi, guys. 嗨大伙们。 -Leonard:Oh, hey. 嘿。 -Penny:I need some guinea pigs. 我需要几只小豚鼠。 -Sheldon:Okay, there's a lab animal supply company in Resed

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(152) / 评论(0) 分类 生活大爆炸第一季

-David: No problem. 不用。 -Leonard: I had no idea it was so heavy. heavy: 重的 我不知道它会这么重。 The thing just fell right, over on me, didn't it? 它实实地压住我了,对吧? -David: Yeah. Lucky for you it wasn't moving. 是呀

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(143) / 评论(0) 分类 生活大爆炸第二季

One of the better early attempts at dating the planet came from the ever-reliable Edmond Halley, who in 1715 suggested that if you divided the total amount of salt in the world's seas by the amount added each year, you would get the number of years t

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 万物简史

Whiskey Does You Good 威士忌对你有好处 A professor of chemistry wanted to teach his class a lesson about the evils of alcohol, so he produced an experiment that involved a glass of water, a glass of whiskey and two worms. 化学老师要给班里

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(98) / 评论(0) 分类 英语小达人

《生活大爆炸》第八季第16集提到的实验:据说问完这36个问题,可以让两个人在数小时内就爱上彼此! 快来找个你暗恋的人试验一番吧!说不准还能抱得美人(nan)归呢~ 虽说问题的确有点多

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间