Shame, for women, is this web of unobtainable, conflicting, competing expectations about who we're supposed to be. 羞耻,对于女人,是一张网,是一张由难以实现的、冲突的、抵触的期望所织成的关于理想的自己的网。

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(108) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

So here's another tale of passion, and this is a sad one. 我再讲一个热情但是却悲伤的故事。 The place is a small women's clinic in a village in Bangladesh. The year is 2005. 这事发生在孟加拉的一个村子的小妇女诊所。时

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲国际问题篇

The Palestinian poet Mourid Barghouti writes that if you want to dispossess a people, 巴勒斯坦诗人Mourid Barghouti曾经写到:如果你想剥夺一群人的权利, the simplest way to do it is to tell their story and to start with, secondl

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(85) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

When I learned, some years ago, that writers were expected to have had really unhappy childhoods to be successful, 当我多年前听说作家们必须有极其不幸的童年才能取得成功的时候, I began to think about how I could invent ho

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

Millions of women live like this today. They are the poorest of the poor. 如今还有万千上万的妇女像这样生活着。她们是真正的最穷的穷人。 Although women do two-thirds of the world's labor, they own less than one percent of

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲国际问题篇

One of my colleagues had his life completely upended as a result of the Chinese Cultural Revolution in 1966. 我有一位同事,因为中国1966年的文化大革命,他的人生彻底颠覆了。 At age 13, his parents were relocated to the coun

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲商业篇

So this whole interaction with self and identity was a very difficult one for me growing up. 在我成长过程中,我一直都很难处理自我与身份之间的相互影响。 The self that I attempted to take out into the world was rejected ove

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲娱乐篇

Strangely, these revelations didn't cure my low self-esteem, that feeling of otherness. 奇怪的是,这些启示并没有治愈我那缺少的自尊,那种被划为另类的感觉。 My desire to disappear was still very powerful. 我渴望消失的

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲娱乐篇

The humanitarian model has barely changed since the early 20th century. 人道主义的模型自从20世纪初期就几乎没有改变过 Its origins are firmly rooted in the analog age. 它的起源在模拟时代就根深蒂固了 And there is a ma

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(87) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

So I'm here to tell you a story of success from Africa. 在这里,我要跟大家分享一个在非洲的成功故事。 A year and a half ago, 一年半以前 four of the five people who are full time members at Ushahidi, 在这里的5个人是Ush

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

My name is Dan Cohen, and I am academic, as he said. 我叫丹科恩,我是个学者,就像主持人介绍的。 And what that means is that I argue. 这意味着我经常需要辩论。 It's an important part of my life, and I like to argue. 这是

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(84) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

Now around Chernobyl, there are scattered ghost villages, 如今切尔诺贝利附近到处是毫无人烟的村庄, eerily silent, strangely charming, bucolic, totally contaminated. 静得吓人,诡谲迷人的气息,一片荒芜,完全受到污

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(83) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

Three years ago, I was standing about a hundred yards from Chernobyl nuclear reactor number four. 三年前,我站在距离切尔诺贝利第四号核子反应炉大约一百码外。 My Geiger counter dosimeter, which measures radiation, was going

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(83) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

Is it unrealistic for them to hope or think that that child loves them, as some might, as most, wish? 对于家长来说,他们希望或者认为自己的孩子也许能够爱他们,这是不是比较不现实? Well let me tell you, that child

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

Well, he said, Can't we try a course of electroshock therapy? 难道我们不能尝试一下点击疗法吗? And you know why they agreed? They agreed to humor him. 你知道他们为什么同意了?他们不想和他争执。 They just thought,

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(84) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

Like if I say, Think about a church steeple 比如说,请想象一下教堂的石柱 most people get this sort of generalized generic one. 大多数人想到的是一个标准答案 Now, maybe that's not true in this room, 也许这个房间里的人

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(87) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

So this is what happens. They come in, they spit into a vial, for two minutes, we say, You need to do this or this. 这就是实际的情况。他们走了进来,他们把唾液吐到一个小瓶子里,维持一个姿势达两分钟,我们说:你

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(91) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

But he also loved his congregation, 但他也很享受宗教集会, and you could feel this love in the sermons that he gave every week for the 62 years that he was a rabbi. 62年来,他每周都会在犹太教布道会上讲道。 He would takes

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(176) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

When I was nine years old, I went off to summer camp for the first time. 当我九岁的时候,我第一次去参加夏令营。 And my mother packed me a suitcase full of books, which to me seemed like a perfectly natural thing to do. 我妈妈帮我

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(132) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

Today you can lay down -- lie on your living room floor, sipping bourbon, 如今你可以躺着,躺在卧室地板上,喝点小酒, and teach yourself any language that you want to with wonderful sets such as Rosetta Stone. 用丰富的学习材料

发表于:2019-03-13 / 阅读(186) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲科学篇