And I would get harassed sometimes. People would yell at me from their cars. Get a job! 有时候我会被骚扰。开车路过的人从车里对我大喊。找份工作去! And I'd be, like, This is my job. But it hurt, because it made me fear tha

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

I recommend this, especially if those strangers are drunk German people. 我推荐这种方式,尤其是这些陌生人都是醉酒的德国人的时候。 This was a ninja master-level fan connection, 这是与歌迷交流的最高级别, becaus

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

Overcome with the enormity of it all and the complete feeling of loss of control, I shed copious tears and asked my dear husband, Jayant. 经历所有的巨痛并彻底感到失去控制,我流了很多泪水,问我亲爱的丈夫,Jayant。 I s

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

Now the technology around what the truth looks like is progressing on, the science of it. 现在的测谎技术正在日新月异地发展。 We know, for example, that we now have specialized eye trackers and infrared brain scans, 比如说,我们有

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

When you combine the science of recognizing deception with the art of looking, listening, you exempt yourself from collaborating in a lie. 当你把观察和倾听的艺术与识谎的科学结合起来,你就不会上当受骗。 You start up that

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

So from there, from there, we're both getting up, we're both getting up, going in this direction, going underneath. 所以从那起,我们都站起来,我们都站起来,向这个方向走, 再从底下绕过去。 Whoa, whoa, underneath. Who

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

And the implications of this -- there are many, 这其中蕴含的--有很多意义 but one I just want to point out, is that there must be amazing feedback loops. 但是我想指出的其中的一个,就是这个过程中必定包涵了一个惊人的

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

This formula works wherever metaphor is present. 这个公式适用于所有的暗喻。 Elvis uses it, but so does Shakespeare in this famous line from Romeo and Juliet: Juliet is the sun. 埃尔维斯用到它,莎士比亚也同样用到它,于《

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

This is a map of New York State that was made in 1937 by the General Drafting Company. 这是一张纽约州的地图,由通用制图公司在1937年绘制。 It's an extremely famous map among cartography nerds, 这张地图在地图发烧友中非常

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲科技篇

And that's the difference between problems that are additive, like CO2, 这个就是可添加性问题,像二氧化碳问题, which we go slowly up and then we tip, and problems that are depletive, in which we lose what we have, which oscillate, 慢

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲科技篇

You, today, buy gasoline miles. And we created electric miles. 现在大家买的是汽油里程。我们就创造电子里程。 And the price of electric miles ends up being a very interesting number. 电子里程价钱加起来是个有趣的数字。

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲科技篇

And so I stumbled, then, on a statistic that really came home to me. 结果我发现了一个震惊的数据。 It was a very interesting academic article in which I found that 67 percent of singles in America today who are living long-term with some

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲科技篇

But personal DNA machines can also save human lives. 但个人DNA检测器还可以挽救人类的生命。 Professor Ian Goodfellow is a virologist at the University of Cambridge. Ian Goodfellow教授是剑桥大学的病毒学家。 And last year h

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲科技篇

So what would apes like ourselves do in this circumstance? 那在这种情况下,像我们这样的大猩猩还能有什么用呢? Well, we'd be free to play Frisbee and give each other massages. 我们可以悠闲地玩飞盘,给彼此做按摩。

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲科技篇

And so it is everywhere one looks. 这一现象在世界各地都在发生。 The human juggernaut is permanently eroding Earth's ancient biosphere by a combination of forces that can be summarized by the acronym HIPPO, the animal hippo. 人类正在以

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲科学篇

Have you ever been asked by your Chinese friend, 你有没有被中国朋友问过 What is your zodiac sign? 你的生肖是什么? Don't think they are making small talk. 不要以为他们只是寒暄 If you say, I'm a Monkey, 如果你说:我属

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲科学篇

There was a day, about 10 years ago, when I asked a friend to hold a baby dinosaur robot upside down. 大概10年前的一天,我让一个朋友头朝下地握持一个小恐龙机器人。 It was this toy called a Pleo that I had ordered, and I wa

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲科技篇

Moreover, when updating impressions based on people's behaviors, 再者,当别人的行为刷新了印象, activity in the ventrolateral prefrontal cortex 腹内侧前额叶皮层的活动 and the superior temporal sulcus correlates with percepti

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

Celiac disease is an inherited disease, 乳糜泻是遗传性疾病, in which eating foods with gluten leads to inflammation and damage of the lining of the small intestine. 患者在进食麩质食物时,会出现发炎,并损害小肠绒毛。

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

What would Jill, standing on the platform, see through the window as the train whistles through? 这个时候站在月台上的吉尔会透过窗口所看到是什么? Well, between Jack dropping the ball and catching it again, 在杰克扔下球和接

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇